Ghostbusters PC Digital download $9.99 @ ebgames.com

InnocentBystander

CAGiversary!
Ebgames.com is selling the digital download version of Ghostbusters game for PC for $9.99. You have to add it to your cart in order to reflect the price. Looks like this is a 'limited time' special, (probably expires after Halloween).

Doesn't the PC version lack the online play of the console versions?

I think I read that somewhere on here.(correct me if I am wrong, of course)

[quote name='dabamus']Doesn't the PC version lack the online play of the console versions?

I think I read that somewhere on here.(correct me if I am wrong, of course)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the PC version doesn't have any multiplayer whatsoever.

No multiplayer for the PC version. Looks like the retail version of the game has Securom but I can't figure out for sure what this version might have. Steam looks to be inconclusive as to what kind of (additional) DRM may be included.

Thanks for the post, though, OP -- I've been hoping to track down a decent deal for the PC version although I wish they had a bit more information as to what was involved...

Just checked out direct2drive.com and they are also selling the game at this price. Not sure if there is any advantage of purchasing from one over the other, just though I'd post the update.

[quote name='InnocentBystander']Just checked out direct2drive.com and they are also selling the game at this price. Not sure if there is any advantage of purchasing from one over the other, just though I'd post the update.[/QUOTE]

D2D is better than GameStop I'd imagine but am hoping Steam drops it to $10 too

In disc form, it was limited to only five installs, so that might be a concern. Even though it's just single player, it's a steal for $10 IMO. I bought it day one for $30 and loved it. If you're not a Ghostbusters nerd, though, it's just kind of average.

I bought this. You get 3 installs and uninstalling the game does not give you back an install. Not a huge deal since it's only $10 (basically a rental) but kind of annoying nonetheless.

[quote name='NedHead']I bought this. You get 3 installs and uninstalling the game does not give you back an install. Not a huge deal since it's only $10 (basically a rental) but kind of annoying nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

They reduced the installs??? :bomb: That's ridiculous. The game takes up 11 gbs of space, so that would be a no-go for me.

DRM FTL. If they are willing to take installs away then they should be willing to credit back. But we all know they wont do this for piracy fears. Laugh.
smile

bread's done
Back