Ghosts won't load on my XB1... Anyone else have this experience with a game?

Capocci 007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I go to put my Ghosts in tonight and the app opens up and I get to the first loading screen. After about 5 seconds, it goes to an all black screen where it remains for good.

I thought, OK, let me take it out and try again. Nope, same problem. I restarted my console and tried again, same problem. Then I thought, wait, hopefully my XB1 isn't having trouble reading discs! I put in BF4, NBA 2k and Madden and they all worked fine.

Then I thought, let me uninstall and reinstall Ghosts. After an hour of waiting for it to reinstall, I tried to load it up and still got the dark screen. I even uninstalled/reinstalled for a second time and it still didn't work. Now I'm just left here with a dark screen.

There isn't a single scratch or ring on this disc. I can't think of any other problems... Anyone know what might be the issue? What should I do/try that I haven't already? It has to be something with the disc, right? Considering all my other games work perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have Ghosts on One, so I'm just throwing out ideas.

Are you connected to Live while trying to start the game? Disconnect and see if it'll load, then sign back on.

I don't have Ghosts on One, so I'm just throwing out ideas.

Are you connected to Live while trying to start the game? Disconnect and see if it'll load, then sign back on.
Disconnected, still didn't work. Also tried to sign out of my profile and then load it... didn't work.

You might have a defective trap; unfortunately, I'm not sure who you'd call for a replacement.

222_8251918195.jpg

I have two solutions.

1) Completely UNPLUG your entire system, IE it gets no power, and keep it off for a good few minutes or so. If your turning off your system and you have instant on mode then even turning off your system won't resolve memory issues which are well known to cause games not to start/crash frequently.

2) Delete your save file. I have no idea how to do this. On XBox support it says you have to go through the game itself to delete your save file and the process varies per game. But if the main screen freezes? I have no fucking clue. This memory-management issue is one of the worst cases with the X1.

I have two solutions.

1) Completely UNPLUG your entire system, IE it gets no power, and keep it off for a good few minutes or so. If your turning off your system and you have instant on mode then even turning off your system won't resolve memory issues which are well known to cause games not to start/crash frequently.

2) Delete your save file. I have no idea how to do this. On XBox support it says you have to go through the game itself to delete your save file and the process varies per game. But if the main screen freezes? I have no fucking clue. This memory-management issue is one of the worst cases with the X1.
First thing I did when I woke up and read this this morning was try your first point. It worked. I unplugged the power cord until the power brick turned orange, then I replugged it, turned the console on, booted it up, and it loaded within' 3 seconds of the load screen.

Thank god it wasn't a system problem. I figured it wasn't since all my other games worked. And I also did a Twitter search and saw that I'm not the only one having the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

I had this problem on my Xbox one.  2 options.. pull the power cord...  OR go to the power settings and change it from Standby to power saving and reboot. 

It's stupid there is no reboot option. 

had this porb, i just held down the power button to "reset" the system and it was fine. did this with battlefield 4 as well. only happened 2-3 times since i got my one

I had this problem on my Xbox one. 2 options.. pull the power cord... OR go to the power settings and change it from Standby to power saving and reboot.

It's stupid there is no reboot option.
if you hold down the power button on the front for 5-10 seconds it will reboot...

First thing I did when I woke up and read this this morning was try your first point. It worked. I unplugged the power cord until the power brick turned orange, then I replugged it, turned the console on, booted it up, and it loaded within' 3 seconds of the load screen.

Thank god it wasn't a system problem. I figured it wasn't since all my other games worked. And I also did a Twitter search and saw that I'm not the only one having the problem.

Thanks again for the help.
You can do that without unplugging your system by turning your console off and then holding your finger on the power "button" for five seconds.

I'm sure its fine, but something about unplugging electronics while they're running doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

bread's done
Back