GI Joe Season 1.1 - $16.99 / Transformers S1 - $15.49 - Amazon

Thanks for the heads-up, botticus! Great deal for Transformers Season 1; better than the recently expired Target 20% off promo (four or more Transformers-related purchases together netted the 20% off).

I'm saving up for the Allspark mega-set, though. Hopefully there's a deal for that soon, too.

They'll be even cheaper with the DD sale on the 17th. ($14ish)

Also: Dexter Season 3 DVD is down to $22.99. I know it's not related, but it's a darn good price.

And in other news: 30 Rock Season 3 DVD is now up to the low low ripoff price of $44.99.

So how does the G.I. Joe seasons work. What exactly does season 1.1 mean? Is it all of the first season or are they breaking it up into parts?

As far as I know, they will be splitting up the two seasons like they did with the Rhino releases, 2 parts each.

1.1 contains 3 mini-series (MASS, ROC and POD) and 7 standalone episodes for a total of 22.

That leaves 40 episodes for Season 1 that should be in 1.2, and then 30 episodes of Season 2 that they'll probably split in half again.

Edit: Looking back at the original releases, they were split differently, so I suppose in theory they could split Season 1 into 3 parts. Depends on how much space the retrospectives take up, I suppose.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/GI-Joe/1825

I wouldn't be surprised to see Season 1 split three ways by Shout Factory. Rhino split it two ways only because A Real American Hero (aka The MASS Device) and The Revenge of Cobra were in a separate mini-series package.

bread's done
Back