Giant Food Stores sells video games??!? YMMV

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was at the Giant food store in Fairfax, VA and what do I see in the back of the store? a section of video games for gamecube, ps2, xbox and gba mostly priced between 9.99 and 14.99(or was it 15.99). Mostly crappy titles but I was just shocked. Even more shocked to see that they sell dvds now as well.

Anyone else seeing this in there Giant Food stores??!?!

The Ingles near me is selling Midnight Club 2 and Max Payne 2 for the PC for $6.99. Full retail box versions too- not the CD jewel case releases.

Whenever the holiday season rolls around, the supermarkets tend to stock games, because they move, and they price them to move.

Last year my Shoprite had a bunch of Xbox, PS2, and GBA games. I managed to pick up some Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for $19.99. Good times.

I remember reading a few years back that Giant had partnered with Toys R Us to open mini toy stores in select locations. Perhaps the video games are a result of that? What with Safeway trying to change their image with remodeled stores and Wegmans moving into the area, Giant has to do something to compete.

This topic really should be in the Northeast section, since Giant is based in MD and only operates in a few states.

I'll have to check Giant in Springfield, off of rolling rd. Video games you say..hmm

r1s3n

hehe ok.. its the one off of route 50..just as you enter fairfax city. The one across from that shopping center containing Circuit City and kmart.

[quote name='Chaz Ashley']Which fairfax va giant? I just want to go see :D[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back