GIGANTIC Best Buy Blu Sale! Many titles $14.99 and under!

Awesome sale! I saw these on the end caps of the bluray section last time I was in Best Buy.

Wondering if Nacho Libre is worth $12.99.... I've never seen the movie before.

Lots of the DC direct to DVD movies like Wonderwoman, Batman Gotham Knight, Superman Doomsday, and Justice League The New Frontier.

Time to get the ones I don't have yet...Superman and Wonderwoman.

Thanks OP.

Damn it! My wallet can't take no more BD sales! Don't want to use my CC. Good price for Deathproof, Planet Terror, The Mist (Yes I liked it), & Street Fighter (Liked it better than new one...sad yes but entertaining). Damn... :whistle2:(

[quote name='flatliner718']is this in store as well, or would I need to do an in store pick up for these prices to ring up?[/QUOTE]

If it's not in-store they'll price match to BB.com.

thanks for the quick info. I gotta go to the post office, and was gonna swing into best buy. I didn't wanna wait on the In store pick up e-mail(which for me generally takes 30-45mins)

[quote name='180husher']Lots of the DC direct to DVD movies like Wonderwoman, Batman Gotham Knight, Superman Doomsday, and Justice League The New Frontier.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Are these 16:9?

I wouldn't mind Street Fighter at that price, except a BD movie from the 1990s is just bad. Anything made before 2000 can't be BD, that'll just ruin the experience.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']I wouldn't mind Street Fighter at that price, except a BD movie from the 1990s is just bad. Anything made before 2000 can't be BD, that'll just ruin the experience.[/QUOTE]

There are many, many older movies that would challenge that -- see any of the Bond movie remasters, Robin Hood, Casablanca, etc. With the proper care and restoration, older movies can look *amazing*.

However, I seriously doubt Street Fighter will quite fit in that category. ;) (they probably used a VHS-BluRay deck in Japan to do the conversion)

Amazon has a lot of these movies for similar prices right now. The Wrestler is down to $13.99 and Nacho Libre is $12.99

Personally I think they're still priced right above where I would take the plunge on a few of these titles. If they were priced a $12.99 as are some of the other titles, I would most definitely buy a few. In the meantime, I'll just wait.

Now only if Grumpy Old Men can drop in price. Even Amazon's $18.99 is far too much for a movie only release. Might have to grab a few films at $14.99ish or so. Benjamin Button is really tempting.

[quote name='SakBee']Awesome sale! I saw these on the end caps of the bluray section last time I was in Best Buy.

Wondering if Nacho Libre is worth $12.99.... I've never seen the movie before.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of Jack Black, I'd say no.

[quote name='gorgo']As a fan of Jack Black, I'd say no.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of Jack Black, I'd say yes. I saw it and thought it was ok the first time around. Saw it again and absolutely enjoyed it. It's basically Jack Black doing some lame Spanish accent running around in blue tights. It's up to whether or not you're willing to 'lose' $12.99.

[quote name='180husher']Lots of the DC direct to DVD movies like Wonderwoman, Batman Gotham Knight, Superman Doomsday, and Justice League The New Frontier.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I have Superman Doomsday on dvd all ready. Are the animations from DC really worth getting on Bluray? I'm probably getting Wonder Woman for sure since I haven't bought it yet. Debating if I want to rebuy superman doomsday. I don't care for the other two.

As for Nacho Libre. I like stupid movies but I have not been able to sit through this movie yet. Attempted three times and twice I fell asleep and the other time I stopped in the middle to watch later and never started back up again.

[quote name='bigt7117']Does anyone know if BB sells the uncensored cover of Zack and Miri? If so I might have to finally buy.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

Justice League New Frontier for only $12.99, a great deal for anybody that hasn't seen a great movie based on a great mini-series. (It's really great!)

I've picked up the following discs due to these prices over the past month:

V for Vendetta
Silent Hill
The Kingdom
Hellboy
Eastern Promises
Ghost Rider
Taken

My bluray collection went from maybe 8 to 24 over the past month thanks to these sale prices and amazon pricematching them.

I picked up the following from Amazon at these prices:

Crank
Underworld
TMNT
Benjamin Button

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I have Superman Doomsday on dvd all ready. Are the animations from DC really worth getting on Bluray? I'm probably getting Wonder Woman for sure since I haven't bought it yet. Debating if I want to rebuy superman doomsday. I don't care for the other two.

As for Nacho Libre. I like stupid movies but I have not been able to sit through this movie yet. Attempted three times and twice I fell asleep and the other time I stopped in the middle to watch later and never started back up again.[/QUOTE]

Nacho Libre is okay, worth a watch but nothing special. For me, it only cost $5 or less on HD-DVD (picked it up at GS, either B1G2 or 75% off, can't remember which) and I felt that was about right.

I'm not sure if there's a big difference between quality of Blu vs DVD for the DC animated films, but Wonder Woman was amazing. I saw it at NY Comic Con and pre-ordered it right after (and I've never given a damn about that DC character ever before). It looks great on Blu, but I don't have a DVD to compare it to. $12.99 is a steal, especially if they have the BB Exclusive version with the figure.

Superman Doomsday was...alright. Again, more mature, much darker. I enjoyed it, but not as much as anything Batman from DC Animated. Recalling the comics where Superman died, they went in a decidedly different direction with the "resurrection," and there's only one "impostor" this time around. In retrospect, I'd buy it at $12.99, although it was quite different from what I was expecting.

[quote name='SakBee']Awesome sale! I saw these on the end caps of the bluray section last time I was in Best Buy.

Wondering if Nacho Libre is worth $12.99.... I've never seen the movie before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gorgo']As a fan of Jack Black, I'd say no.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of tenacious D, I'd say no.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby'] $12.99 is a steal, especially if they have the BB Exclusive version with the figure.
[/QUOTE]

The package containing the :br: Wonder Woman and BB exclusive figure is considered a different item than the regular :br: and DOES NOT ring up for the $12.99 price.

I tried to pick one of those packs up last week, and was shut down, even though they put the $13 shelf tag by the figure packs.

I beleive the 'runner' actually went to the back and produced a :br: only copy :roll:

[quote name='postulio']As a fan of tenacious D, I'd say no.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of Tenacious D, I'd say HELL YEEEAAAAAH.

Nacho Libre is a great comedy. Not for everyone, but enjoyable.

[quote name='Justin42']There are many, many older movies that would challenge that -- see any of the Bond movie remasters, Robin Hood, Casablanca, etc. With the proper care and restoration, older movies can look *amazing*.

However, I seriously doubt Street Fighter will quite fit in that category. ;) (they probably used a VHS-BluRay deck in Japan to do the conversion)[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Street Fighter source material was in great shape and was able to make a very nice transfer. It even has DTS-HD audio.

Picked up the last Wonder Woman in my area. I'm not a very big fan of Wonder Woman and way better than I thought it was going to be. Probably my favorite of the DC Universe animated movies next to Green Lantern. I really can't recommend Wonder Woman enough, especially at $12.99.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Picked up the last Wonder Woman in my area. I'm not a very big fan of Wonder Woman and way better than I thought it was going to be. Probably my favorite of the DC Universe animated movies next to Green Lantern. I really can't recommend Wonder Woman enough, especially at $12.99.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Not a big WW fan,but they did a great job with this one. Great actin, great story. Decapitations mean it's not for kids, but older teens and adults should have a good time.

I also dug Green Lantern. Superman / Batman: Public Enemies looks promising as well.

[quote name='B:L']THE MIST GODDAMN SUCKS

Total waste of $14.99 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy that liked Nacho Libre

[quote name='B:L']THE MIST SUCKS

I would love to buy that off of you, that's one that I definitely want from the sale. Also looking for Clerks 2 and Planet Terror. My BB was pretty picked clean (very surprisingly), but I did manage to blind buy Death Proof.

[quote name='B:L']THE MIST GODDAMN SUCKS

Wrong. The Mist is excellent. The ending is incredible.

How can people dislike the mist?!?! I thought it was a great movie. I think I'll grab this on blu ray even tho ive seen it twice already. I've been looking for good horror/scary BDs.

I don't like Jack Black that much, he is just average to me. I love Nacho Libre though, it is stupid funny. I liked it more than Napolean Dynamite (same director). The colors look really nice on Blu.

The Mist was ho hum, there is uneven acting from actor to actor, but the ending was badass. The ending alone is worth at least one watch through.

Picked up The Mist and debating whether to pick up any of the direct to video DC comics. Any recommendations besides WW or is that the best of the bunch.

Amazon matched the prices of a few of these. I picked up Wonder Woman and Truman Show this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prmononoke']Wrong. The Mist is excellent. The ending is incredible.[/QUOTE]

Lesson learned from the Mist:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." -W.C.

BBy's ite just went down.

bread's done
Back