Gigaware™ IR Remote for PlayStation®3 $4.97

[quote name='lyric706']Does this sensor work with the Harmony 360 remote?[/QUOTE]

Take control.

Control your PlayStation 3 from up to 25 feet away with this IR remote from Gigaware. This remote controls the functions of your Blu-ray® discs, DVDs or music CDs on your console and lets you navigate movie menus, skip chapters or tracks and more with ease. Plus, the included USB dongle plugs into your PS3's USB port for easy setup.

Easily navigate through your PlayStation 3's menus
Control the playback of your PS3 Blu-ray, DVD movies and CDs
USB dongle included for easy setup
Operation range is up to 25 feet so you can control your PS3 from the comfort of your couch
Powered by 2 "AAA" batteries (sold separately)

I am going to say no.

[quote name='lyric706']Does this sensor work with the Harmony 360 remote?[/QUOTE]
I Do Not know yet, But i would assume it would work with any learning remote. I know the harmony's are notorious for having a code data base but i have no idea if Gigaware is in it. But i have used a learning remote with other IR dangles that connect to the usb port of a ps3 and it worked just fine after recording the IR signals sent by the original remote meant for it.

for $5, its worth a shot. I hate using my Dualshock 3 to control movies. There's a radio shack like 2 minutes away, i'll see if it's worth anything and let you guys know tomorrow

There is a remote that can control both IR controls and bluetooth controls. I brought it for my ps3,360,cable and TV needs, but i'm was very disappointed because the IR signals were very laggy i would connect sometimes not and the ps3 the buttons would stick. I didn't like it. returned it @ bestbuy but maybe i just had bad luck.

http://www.blu-link.com/

PS btw for people who don't know most universal remotes, no matter how cheap, can easily be programed to the 360 by using the code 3223 under the AUX button setting. Example select AUX, program code 3223 and clink power the 360 should turn on or off no problem. 3223 is the media center code

I use the PS3 media remote I got for $10 or so from the last days of the Circuit City closing. Only complaint is it is not backlit.

[quote name='cheko']There is a remote that can control both IR controls and bluetooth controls. I brought it for my ps3,360,cable and TV needs, but i'm was very disappointed because the IR signals were very laggy i would connect sometimes not and the ps3 the buttons would stick. I didn't like it. returned it @ bestbuy but maybe i just had bad luck.

http://www.blu-link.com/

PS btw for people who don't know most universal remotes, no matter how cheap, can easily be programed to the 360 by using the code 3223 under the AUX button setting. Example select AUX, program code 3223 and clink power the 360 should turn on or off no problem. 3223 is the media center code[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Worked great for about a month then disconnected from PS3. Went back to Sony remote, and the AUX trick works great for 360, just wish it was the same for the PS3.

I had it for few weeks. Another issue with this IR (or with any IR remote) is that you have to install the dongle to the USB port. PS3 automatically assigns the dongle as Remote Control 1. So if you play games and need your DS3 assigned as Remote Control 1, you have to take off the dongle. I found myself to the point where I had to keep the dongle off the PS3 until I wanted to use the Remote. Another thing I've noticed specific to this Gigaware remote is that the button has significant lag until it registers (maybe this is true on all IR/dongle based remote). For $5, it's not a bad solution if you like watching dvd/bluray but I've decided to get the Sony bluetooth remote for $15. It's worth extra $10 for me since don't have to manage the dongle plus Sony remote doesn't take away my Remote Control 1 assignment.

[quote name='midorix']I had it for few weeks. Another issue with this IR (or with any IR remote) is that you have to install the dongle to the USB port. PS3 automatically assigns the dongle as Remote Control 1. So if you play games and need your DS3 assigned as Remote Control 1, you have to take off the dongle. I found myself to the point where I had to keep the dongle off the PS3 until I wanted to use the Remote. Another thing I've noticed specific to this Gigaware remote is that the button has significant lag until it registers (maybe this is true on all IR/dongle based remote). For $5, it's not a bad solution if you like watching dvd/bluray but I've decided to get the Sony bluetooth remote for $15. It's worth extra $10 for me since don't have to manage the dongle plus Sony remote doesn't take away my Remote Control 1 assignment.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just reassign the numbers? Go to the Settings area and there should be an option to change ports

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can't you just reassign the numbers? Go to the Settings area and there should be an option to change ports[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're right! If I knew this, my decision would of been much harder. Still very happy with my new Sony remote. Thanks for the heads up. Always good to learn new things.

No prob. The official PS3 remote is pretty awesome from what I hear. You can control just about anything with it since it has all the buttons, even R3/L3. I read somewhere that you can even play some games with it!

(I think you have to reassign the remote from 7 to 1 to do it)

bread's done
Back