Girl Advice Thread #3257

will52

CAGiversary!
Ok Cag, need some advice here.

So I meet this girl on a dating website who lives like 5 mins from my house... bonus. We both go to the same college too. So I talk to her online over the course of 2 days, so last night were talking and she's like "Pick me up and lets get some coffee." It was 2 am but whatever. So I get her address and pick her up and we sit and talk
I mostly listen
. She tells me pretty much her life story. So I look at my cell phone and its 4 am, so we drive around for a bit, then I drop her off. She thanks me for the coffee and says she will call me sometime tomorrow (same day :lol:). When I get home on msn she has messaged me saying thanks for the water. She's still online and I reply you're welcome, I had fun. She then asks me what I thought and I tell her I thought she was amazing. I ask her the same and she says 'You're a sweetheart'. She then says shes going to bed and will talk to me later.

Am I reading into this too much guys? If there was nothing there, why would she ask what I thought? She still hasn't called yet... but I know she has to work today. What do you guys think?

Let's be for real... love at first sight is only in fairy tales. Go out with her on some more dates and then we'll talk about it. It's not even been a day, relax.

If you want my honest opinion though I think it’s really weird meeting up with someone at 2 o’clock in the morning you just met online 2 days ago but hey that’s just me.

All right, let's just go ahead and get this out of the way.

Put it in her butt.

In all seriousness, at this point, I'd say it's too early to tell. Honestly, all girls probably care what a guy thinks of them. I would think she basically meant what you thought of spending time with her as opposed to just talking to her online. If she told you she'd call you, that's a good sign. My advice is take it slow. Don't be too aggressive, but make yourself available to her.

The next time you talk to her, mention about hanging out again. Getting coffee was a good step to transition things from the online world to the real world. Keep taking those steps...just don't be too clingy (ie. "why haven't you called me yet???"). Stay cool, man, but obviously make her feel like you enjoy spending time with her. The rest should take care of itself.

EDIT - I will agree with Galego though. At 2 AM, you're lucky she was a female, haha. But hey, in a college environment, it's not that unusual. It doesn't say great things about her that she was willing to meet some dude at 2 in the morning, but maybe she trusts you...or is a black belt in Karate.

EDIT 2 - Nevermind. I see you're from Canada. People are actually decent in Canada. She had no reason to be afraid.

sooo, youre worried about her not calling after getting coffee at 2 am last night? you havent heard from her in a little over 12 hours and youre already posting your concerns on CAG? boy, shes in trouble.

I guess maybe if you two spent a ton of time talking in those 2 days, you'd feel comfortable enough to do that. I've never met a guy that I hit it off with that quickly and wanted to go out with them at 2am lol. But that's just me. I'd hang out with her some more and see how things go. Maybe she thinks you're a sweetheart for listening? I personally would like to hear about the guy (you in this case) I'm with. How else would I get to know him even better? Give it time.

Never be anticipating so much for a girl to call you or hang out with you etc, especially one you just met. Girls read that shit easy and you'll end up being her bitch.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']EDIT 2 - Nevermind. I see you're from Canada. People are actually decent in Canada. She had no reason to be afraid.[/QUOTE]

Yea nothing ever happens in Canada. Not really close to a major city either.

i have to say for a chick to do something llike that to me would send off all kinds of red flags. who in their right mind goes to meet someone at 2am when they really dont know them? if you want to try it then continue foward but be alert and aware and pay attention to the things she says or does.

Definitely seems a bit strange for her to be that "open" about meeting a total stranger at that time of night.

Still, just play it cool and see where it goes. You sound like you don't get many chances in the way of women, since you are making a thread on here just shortly after meeting her. Don't get too antsy/stressed out over it.

[quote name='lokizz']i have to say for a chick to do something llike that to me would send off all kinds of red flags. who in their right mind goes to meet someone at 2am when they really dont know them? if you want to try it then continue foward but be alert and aware and pay attention to the things she says or does.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you see? He's from Canada, lol

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Dude, have you ever dated before?

inb4disaster[/QUOTE]

Nah just got out of a 3 year relationship. Can't read the field anymore... been outta the game for too long.

[quote name='DAWG26']WTF are you waiting for her to call for? Be a man and and call.[/QUOTE]

15 hours later...when she told him specifically that she'd call. Wait..what's that? I think I hear your mother's basement calling.

[quote name='DAWG26']WTF are you waiting for her to call for? Be a man and and call.[/QUOTE]

Yea I might as well call up and say "Yea I'm a clingy moron, I have no life. I am never going to give you space." lol

she wrote you back after you dropped her off to again thank you for taking her out, that's a good sign my friend. Just don't be freaking out if she hasn't called or texted you yet. shit, ya'll were out till 4 am in the morning, she's probably been sleeping all day.

[quote name='pimpster4183']she wrote you back after you dropped her off to again thank you for taking her out, that's a good sign my friend. Just don't be freaking out if she hasn't called or texted you yet. shit, ya'll were out till 4 am in the morning, she's probably been sleeping all day.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm not single but my two closest friends are "in the game" so to speak, and I've witnessed enough rejection vicariously to know that if she messaged you as soon as she got home (even if its a bit weird) that she is at least somewhat interested. My guess would be that she plans to call you, so just be patient. Of course, you should be patient with the whole thing, but I'm sure you know that. :)

Oh, and since this is the internet... Pics? :D

[quote name='keithp']You screwed up. She asked you out at 2 a.m.--that was a booty call, my friend, and you didn't take the hint.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind they're college students. That might as well be high noon.

I wanna be real blunt and listen to my advice...

LET SHIT DEVELOP ON IT'S OWN.

Worst thing you can do is get way too eager for this chick and have it backfire.

Just chill, go with the flow, and if it doesn't happen, there are tons of fish.

[quote name='DestroVega']I wanna be real blunt and listen to my advice...

LET SHIT DEVELOP ON IT'S OWN.

Worst thing you can do is get way too eager for this chick and have it backfire.

Just chill, go with the flow, and if it doesn't happen, there are tons of fish.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. Lol, its hard not to overthink shit sometimes.

Ok I am a girl and what I get from that is that she is DEF interested but dude its only been one "semi" date don't start sweating her cause it's def not sexy and if she doesn't call give her a call tomorrow.....if she doesn't answer DON'T leave a message. She can def see that you called her and if she doesn't call back then let her call u tried calling her....Her calling you a "sweetheart" means you are a little too nice..so you gotta give it time and take it easy and DON'T sweat her ; P.

The 2am meetup with a stranger would be a lot less strange if you met at the coffee shop. She was way too willing to jump into your car -- either she's crazy, or she was looking to get some ass.

[quote name='PR Mega X']The 2am meetup with a stranger would be a lot less strange if you met at the coffee shop. She was way too willing to jump into your car -- either she's crazy, or she was looking to get some ass.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, normal human rules of social interaction don't really apply at college. Besides, always trust a CAG. Or was it never? I forget.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Didn't you see? He's from Canada, lol[/QUOTE]

then i suppose she wanted some poutine and some poontang.....

I don't think anything is particularly strange about the meet-up. Just don't lay on the "you're amazing" stuff too thick - you'll come on too strong and might scare her away. She might be digging you but if you over-do it then there's no undoing that kind of damage. Play it cool but don't ignore her, and just try to get to know her better.

It has been far too long since I have seen "Swingers" but aren't you supposed to wait 6 days before calling a girl? Also, I hate to say it, but the "amazing" comment may have scared her away.

You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

[quote name='pacifickarma']You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Three days is too long. He should call her up today and say, "Hey, baby. I'm hoping to be hitting that by the weekend, so we should go on a date to stock up on condoms before then."

Like pretty much else has said, just wait it out and see. You just have to wait for her especially since she said she'd call you. Your best bet is to relax and do something to get your mind away from her and just be happy when she calls you back.

I remember this one time I met a chick from an online site and she could have been an AWESOME linebacker for any NFL team.

Are you going to be "mostly listening" while you're tapping that ass? Did she seem annoying at all during your first date?

I met a girl at UW in Madison a few years ago at a club. She called and left a message on my answering machine before I even made it home that night. A sure sign that a girl is either looking for a relationship or just to have sexual relations on regular basis.

You should probably go out a with this gal a few more times if you're looking for a girlfriend. And don't scare her off with that "you're amazing" crap. It's nice that you're honest, but take it easy, man.

[quote name='will52']Yea nothing ever happens in Canada. Not really close to a major city either.[/QUOTE]

There was a murder in Canada just last year.

[quote name='shieryda']Are you going to be "mostly listening" while you're tapping that ass? Did she seem annoying at all during your first date?

I met a girl at UW in Madison a few years ago at a club. She called and left a message on my answering machine before I even made it home that night. A sure sign that a girl is either looking for a relationship or just to have sexual relations on regular basis.

You should probably go out a with this gal a few more times if you're looking for a girlfriend. And don't scare her off with that "you're amazing" crap. It's nice that you're honest, but take it easy, man.[/QUOTE]This is some good advice for the OP.

My assumption is that for someone deciding to meet at 2AM from random conversations on the Internet, they're looking for some ass or they're lonely and need some human contact.

she prob smelt the desperation and didn't call back. Like most people said, don't be so eager women are good on picking that shit out.

Either that or the OP is so up to his face in ass he hasn't had a chance to update yet.

....but I'm thinking saying the word "amazing" killed his chances...

original.aspx

My bet is that she feels comfortable with him and he never established any intent on "getting with her" so she probably sees him as a great friend that will listen to her problems. If you stay in that zone for too long (which happens fast) then it is impossible to get out of it.

Yea - my suggestion is (if the "friend zone" is the case) take advantage of it. If she is attractive make good friends with her and use her as a wingchick and you will have a super easy time picking up whoever you want.

My guess is she saw "amazing", and read it as "he's a target". He's probably tied to a motel bed right now, while she's run off with his pants and wallet.

bread's done
Back