Girlfriend has a DS... what games to buy?

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi all.

What games should I get my girl?

Her favorites before have been Psychonauts(PS2 version), Bully, GTA, and Katamari. Basically, something with a story that isn't hack and slash. Suggestions?

Omg chicks love the Cooking Mama ... trust me they do.
can't figure out why but you can not do wrong with getting her that.

My wife is addicted to Picross DS. She simply cannot put it down. Keep in mind the game has no story, but getting the puzzles in under 1:00 results in getting a very cute colored/animated version of the picture. She also loves the Brain Age series, particularly Sudoku. You might also want to consider getting Drill Dozer for the GBA (it plays on DS)... she played that a lot late at night during our cross country drive. Fortunately, not while driving. :)

I liked DQ Rocket Slime a lot. It doesn't make use of the stylus though. I second Drill Dozer - cute, fun game, but it uses a shoulder button a lot (not sure if that would bug her). Another to look out for could be Zelda. I'm looking forward to that one.

I second Animal Crossing, if you can play with her with your own copy of the game, there is no limit to all that you can do.

[quote name='supraazn']Omg chicks love the Cooking Mama ... trust me they do.
can't figure out why but you can not do wrong with getting her that.[/quote]

Because it's a good game?

Thank you all for the suggestions. After reading all that you listed, and taking her personality into account, I went with Animal Crossing and Bust-A-Move. I got AC thanks to the many recommendations here, and BAM because of Majesco's ties to Psychonauts. Anyway, she's thrilled! You guys rock!

Here are my wife favorites in order. We just picked up Picross this week.

Zoo Keeper
Cooking Mama
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Super Princess Peach
Bust-a-Move DS

bread's done
Back