Gitaroo Man Anywhere?

Haruko821

CAGiversary!
After playing this game for hours at my friends house, I decided to get this game. Problem is, it's kinda hard to find. Anyone know where I could get one?

Gitaroo Man I did find it here, anyone buy from here? Was it a good shopping experiance?

Here's some nice info from their site:

Due to the birth of my twin children our internet has not been updated in some time. Unfortunately some items may not be in stock. Please call to confirm stock of game prior to purchase. We DO NOT charge any credit cards until item is ready to ship and we confirm the order with the customer. Any order placed when a game is out of stock will be put on our watch list. Again, we will NOT charge any credit cards without the prior confirmation from the customer. Sorry for any problems that may have arisen. I apologize for any items out of stock. It is quite a headache dealing with two little ones along with running stores and this website. We will have the website updated and ready to rock ASAP. Happy Holidays.

http://www.gamezoneusa.com/catalog/

[quote name='CouRageouS']Ouch, just tried it. None available within 200 miles near me[/quote]

Same here.

I lucked out and found on at a local EB. I used the Cash For Your Stash on it, and the guy gave me a free replacement on it. As if they could find a replacement copy! :lol:

Do whatever you have to do to get this game. It's that good. I found it at GS about a year and a half ago for $25. I even bought the soundtrack.

I liked it, but not as much as many around here do. It was too short and too easy for my tastes. I own a copy of it, in perfect condition, that I bought for $9.99 from the local video store. They had a policy where if nobody rented the game for a week, they put it out for sale. Nobody rented it the very first week it came in, and I walked out with an unplayed game for cheap! :D

[quote name='servbot']beat this: I GOT MINE AT CC FOR $5 over the summer

BOOYAAKASHA![/quote]

i got mine free at gamestop during the buy 2 get one free :whistle2:D

[quote name='Rig']It was too short and too easy for my tastes.[/quote]

So that means you never really played it (AKA play on Master mode).

[quote name='CouRageouS']
Good advice, a lot of people also found Rez that way.[/quote]

Was Rez that hard to find? My Toys R Us had a copy of it lying around forever.

[quote name='exRounder'][quote name='CouRageouS']

Was Rez that hard to find? My Toys R Us had a copy of it lying around forever.[/quote]

Yes, Rez is a rare and hard to find game. How much was it at your TRU? If it's still there, you should pick it up.

1 store within 200 miles had it, it's 80 miles away and there is no way I'm driving to get it sooo anyone near this gamestop, might wanna check it out, they claim to have a copy but definately call first.

New Park Mall
2045 New Park Mall
Newark, CA 94560
(510)794-9033

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='scsg75']yeah, I'd recommend not buying from that site. Go here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938366

type in your zip code to check store availability, maybe you'll get luck and a store near you will have one in stock.[/quote]

I'm not really interested in either game but it's almost 4 am and i cant sleep so i searched.

Guess what, if you want Rez and you are near Louisville KY 1-3 in stock. It's $29.99 on the website..... I don't know what it sells for but i live 84 miles away so i cant get it for anyone. :)

GameStop
Springhurst Towne(F)
10524 fisher park drive
Lousiville, KY 40241
(502)423-7718

[quote name='$hady']Guess what, if you want Rez and you are near Louisville KY 1-3 in stock. It's $29.99 on the website..... I don't know what it sells for but i live 84 miles away so i cant get it for anyone. :)[/quote]

I assume you used the online tracker at GameStop.com?

Just so you know, that thing is about three weeks behind real inventory and shouldn't be trusted on something this demanded.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='$hady']Guess what, if you want Rez and you are near Louisville KY 1-3 in stock. It's $29.99 on the website..... I don't know what it sells for but i live 84 miles away so i cant get it for anyone. :)[/quote]

Just so you know, that thing is about three weeks behind real inventory and shouldn't be trusted on something this demanded.[/quote]

I do 90% of my gaming deals at my 3 GR's, i swing in the other stores every now and again to kill time or browse for trade stuff to take to GR.

I don't trust any of these online inventory things. I was just sayin.... :wink:

[quote name='$hady']I don't trust any of these online inventory things. I was just sayin.... :wink:[/quote]

Nor should you. I just didn't want anyone to freak out when they actually go to that GameStop and hear the employee say that they haven't seen a Gitaroo-Man in months. I should know; I've had to say it to customers myself.

[quote name='jimbodan']1 store within 200 miles had it, it's 80 miles away and there is no way I'm driving to get it sooo anyone near this gamestop, might wanna check it out, they claim to have a copy but definately call first.

New Park Mall
2045 New Park Mall
Newark, CA 94560
(510)794-9033[/quote]
My bro lives right by that mall, its only 20 mins away from me. I need to call that GS asap. Thanks for pointing it out jimbodan. Btw, I'm going to be spending a few days up in Sac this week, perhaps you can direct me to a good mall or something I could do some scavaging :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='$hady']Guess what, if you want Rez and you are near Louisville KY 1-3 in stock. It's $29.99 on the website..... I don't know what it sells for but i live 84 miles away so i cant get it for anyone. :)[/quote]

Just so you know, that thing is about three weeks behind real inventory and shouldn't be trusted on something this demanded.[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that. I recently found a copy of Rhapsody at a GS where my parents live through their online inventory. I called the store Friday to double check, and they didn't even yet know they had it, as they had received several boxes of games and hadn't sorted through them yet. I asked if they found it if they would set it aside for me, and they told me they would. When I called back today, they had found it, and set it aside for me, and I called my dad to ask him to pick it up (thanks dad). I just checked the online inventory again, and they have already updated it, showing that they have no copies. This may be the exception, rather than the rule, but I was pretty impressed.

[quote name='guessed']I'm not so sure about that. I recently found a copy of Rhapsody at a GS where my parents live through their online inventory. I called the store Friday to double check, and they didn't even yet know they had it, as they had received several boxes of games and hadn't sorted through them yet. I asked if they found it if they would set it aside for me, and they told me they would. When I called back today, they had found it, and set it aside for me, and I called my dad to ask him to pick it up (thanks dad). I just checked the online inventory again, and they have already updated it, showing that they have no copies. This may be the exception, rather than the rule, but I was pretty impressed.[/quote]

You would be the exception in my experience. In all my time at GameStop, I've never found the tracker to be reliable in the least. Especially regarding such high-demand items as Gitaroo Man and Rhapsody. I haven't tried using it in a while, so perhaps they've improved it since.

I love and detest that Inventory tracker on Gamestop.com. Showed me where to get RE2 and some other gems, but shows rhapsody, suikoden 2, elemental gearbolt, and some other ones clicking on one local GS. I go there and nothing. I visit that GS on my lunchbreak every now and then, hoping they have those games in the back or something and get put storefront.... yeah right.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='guessed']I'm not so sure about that. I recently found a copy of Rhapsody at a GS where my parents live through their online inventory. I called the store Friday to double check, and they didn't even yet know they had it, as they had received several boxes of games and hadn't sorted through them yet. I asked if they found it if they would set it aside for me, and they told me they would. When I called back today, they had found it, and set it aside for me, and I called my dad to ask him to pick it up (thanks dad). I just checked the online inventory again, and they have already updated it, showing that they have no copies. This may be the exception, rather than the rule, but I was pretty impressed.[/quote]

You would be the exception in my experience. In all my time at GameStop, I've never found the tracker to be reliable in the least. Especially regarding such high-demand items as Gitaroo Man and Rhapsody. I haven't tried using it in a while, so perhaps they've improved it since.[/quote]

After pretty extensive testing, (looking up about 20 games at 10 or so stores and then going and physically checking 2 or 3 different times) I'd have to say it's hit or miss, some stores update right after closing and are accurate, others aren't even close to being accurate.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='jimbodan']1 store within 200 miles had it, it's 80 miles away and there is no way I'm driving to get it sooo anyone near this gamestop, might wanna check it out, they claim to have a copy but definately call first.

New Park Mall
2045 New Park Mall
Newark, CA 94560
(510)794-9033[/quote]
My bro lives right by that mall, its only 20 mins away from me. I need to call that GS asap. Thanks for pointing it out jimbodan. Btw, I'm going to be spending a few days up in Sac this week, perhaps you can direct me to a good mall or something I could do some scavaging :wink:[/quote]

Well, for shopping the Roseville Galleria is really nice, it has a lot of yuppie upscale stores, and for general shopping Arden Fair mall is good. Stay the hell away from Florin Mall.

As for game stores we pretty much just have the regular ebgames, gamestops, and gamecrazies. We do have some Dimple Records stores that sell games, some of them can have some deals.

[quote name='jimbodan']After pretty extensive testing, (looking up about 20 games at 10 or so stores and then going and physically checking 2 or 3 different times) I'd have to say it's hit or miss, some stores update right after closing and are accurate, others aren't even close to being accurate.[/quote]

You'd think my area's stores would be fairly updated, seeing as I live about 20 minutes from corporate office. But I've seen about a 70%-80% failure rate with my local stores and the tracker. Go figger.

[quote name='MasterSun1'][quote name='Rig']It was too short and too easy for my tastes.[/quote]

So that means you never really played it (AKA play on Master mode).[/quote]

That was a challenge, but nothing too strenous. The tougher the game, the better, IMO...

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='scsg75']yeah, I'd recommend not buying from that site. Go here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938366

type in your zip code to check store availability, maybe you'll get luck and a store near you will have one in stock.[/quote]

No luck on Gitaroo, but i found a Rez 150 miles away in Louisville, Kentucky! Time for a road trip :D

[quote name='lurknomore']Make sure that you call before driving 150 miles. Their system is the suck.[/quote]

The system is one or two days behind and accurate 98%. I drove 40 miles for my first Gitaroo Man 6 month ago. Personaly I never call any gamestore. I show up and bring it to the counter. Usualy I hear " Oh man. I wish I knew we had it". Makes me smile all the time.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='lurknomore']Make sure that you call before driving 150 miles. Their system is the suck.[/quote]

The system is one or two days behind and accurate 98%. I drove 40 miles for my first Gitaroo Man 6 month ago. Personaly I never call any gamestore. I show up and bring it to the counter. Usualy I hear " Oh man. I wish I knew we had it". Makes me smile all the time.[/quote]

Yeah, calling to see if it is there can bring it to the attention of the employee, who just might keep it for themselves. I've also brought things to the counter, things the clerk wanted. One time, the guy had to sell me the game, but he also asked if he could buy it from me for $10 than what I paid for it! :lol:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='CouRageouS']Ouch, just tried it. None available within 200 miles near me[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Me too. :?

I saw this game used at my GameStop for $25. I wasn't really interested at the time but after reading this thread I was thinking I might just go pick it up. What little I know seems to indicate it's a music/rhyming type game similar to Parappa or Space Channel 5. Could someone give me a bit more info please?

bread's done
Back