Give out Plants vs. Zombies at Halloween for Free

I'm having problems entering in the serial code for registration I got from their email. The PopCap servers are saying registration failed.

Im having trouble registering too. I did it on my laptop with one email i used and am trying to set it up on my desktop now with a seperate email/code and am getting the message that the registration failed and they couldn't locate my order number. Theres a link to customer service for help but its worthless. It takes you to a generic FAQ that is utterly worthless. I dont know how to contatact customer service. Its supposed to be good through the 10th so it should still work! Anyone know whats wrong or how i can contact customer service about this?

*edit*
even tried this page
http://support.popcap.com/registration-alt

and its not working either. wtf

ya that one doesn't work either. I got a 2nd code that i tried as well and that didn't work. Theres a banner on their help page saying they are overwelmed and to keep trying, but it expires tonight, doesn't that mean you have to register by tonight? Ive sent them a couple emails through their contact form but got no response... this is gonna be lame if i dont get my copy because i havent been able to register for 2 days straight and it expires!

will the codes still work after today? Was the expiration date just to GET the code?

My code finally worked a day later. My suggestion is to just keep trying it out each day and eventually it will activate. The PopCap game registration servers must have been overwhelmed or just really slow on reading their database.

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya that one doesn't work either. I got a 2nd code that i tried as well and that didn't work. Theres a banner on their help page saying they are overwelmed and to keep trying, but it expires tonight...[/QUOTE]

On StopZombieMouth.com it says offer expires the 11th, not sure where you're getting that it ends tonight (the 10th), I think your email registration code might expire in 24 hours if I remember correctly...?

I imagine that thousands of people are on at the same time at any given time, so yeah, their servers probably can't keep up which is what's giving everyone trouble. I registered mine on one of the very first days and had no issues, snooze ya' loose I guess. :shrug:

I have been trying it. multiple times a day and it keeps giving me the registration error message.

As for the expiration... the coupons said the 10th. So im assuming it ends on the 11th, with the 10th being the last day (today). Im confused on what expires though. Does the order number they send you still work as long as you entered the free d.load code on the website?

[quote name='Sanges99']On StopZombieMouth.com it says offer expires the 11th, not sure where you're getting that it ends tonight (the 10th), I think your email registration code might expire in 24 hours if I remember correctly...?
[/QUOTE]

This is the part im confused about. Are you saying the order number they send you in an email is only good for 24 hours? It doesn't mention that anywhere in the email. If thats the case then my original would have expired from me trying to enter it for several days now. But ive tried several other codes and they didn't work either.

my main concern is WHAT expires on the 11th.. if the order number code is still good or what. Anyone know how that works? I keep trying to register and its STILL not working. Ive probably tried about 100 times over the past few days. The real pisser is i registered it for a friend on their laptop yesterday with no problem, i dont get it.

Having the same problem. I hoping the code that is expires is the PEAH8TR and not the registration code that was sent to my email.

I had been having the same problem. I tried everything I could think of (disabling firewall, customer support, etc etc) but nothing worked. All of the sudden I decide to try again today and it worked fine. I now have the full game installed and can play it. My suggestion to those for whom it is not working is to just keep trying, that's what worked for me.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I have been trying it. multiple times a day and it keeps giving me the registration error message.

As for the expiration... the coupons said the 10th. So im assuming it ends on the 11th, with the 10th being the last day (today). Im confused on what expires though. Does the order number they send you still work as long as you entered the free d.load code on the website?

This is the part im confused about. Are you saying the order number they send you in an email is only good for 24 hours? It doesn't mention that anywhere in the email. If thats the case then my original would have expired from me trying to enter it for several days now. But ive tried several other codes and they didn't work either.

my main concern is WHAT expires on the 11th.. if the order number code is still good or what. Anyone know how that works? I keep trying to register and its STILL not working. Ive probably tried about 100 times over the past few days. The real pisser is i registered it for a friend on their laptop yesterday with no problem, i dont get it.[/QUOTE]

I was probably mistaken since I've deleted my order number email a while ago while you still have yours, I thought it mentioned you needed to use the code within 24 hours but perhaps not then.

I read the text about expiring on the 11th as that you have until midnight on the 11th--not midnight the day before the day it's expired. Expirations tend to work for the day it mentions unless it uses the word "UNTIL," along with a date.

On the tip of normal trouble with a website, and this is the most basic notion around so I'm sure you've already tried but it's probably worth saying: have you tried using multiple web browsers? I wouldn't have even thought to mention it until you said that you could get it to register on your friend's laptop (I think that was you) but not your own PC--that makes me think that not only is it the servers, possibly your codes, but could also be some kind of web address lookup issue with your computer-slash-browsers. Again, this is alllllll hypothetical and running the motions of troubleshooting everything imaginable.

My registration also was not going through, tried it early this morning and it went through, so as long as you have that registration code, you should be good.

bread's done
Back