Giveaway: Astro A40 Audio Systems [UK & EU Members Only]

ArrenDusk - nice :) i send my data on monday and still waiting, but this is no problem, the prize is worth this :D

[quote name='ArrenDusk']Lol woops forgot to reply to this thread today. I recieved the A40's yesterday morning though UPS and the delivery was made pretty quick so not sure what's taking you guys long. But they do deliver.

Sorry for the sorta delayed response, was too busy trying this baby out on some games. :cool:[/QUOTE] glad to hear you've got them. where abouts in europe are you? they said it'd depend on location.

[quote name='maiden of haste']glad to hear you've got them. where abouts in europe are you? they said it'd depend on location.[/QUOTE]

Portugal, but not in mainland EU per se. Which is why it took 3 days for me and not 2 as it was scheduled originally.

[quote name='ArrenDusk']Portugal, but not in mainland EU per se. Which is why it took 3 days for me and not 2 as it was scheduled originally.[/QUOTE] well i'm in the UK i don't know if that will affect it at all, but i'll come back and post when i hear something.... can't wait to get my hands on them

At the request of Headset Supplier, I went ahead and posted a pic of myself with my new equipment as gratitude, and my old ass PS2. :booty: Hooray for free stuff!

5kodwy.jpg

[quote name='chumush']I agree, most seem to be US only contests which really blows for us UK gamers. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]
it hurts even more for Canadians =(

TO ALL THE WINNERS

Check your email INBOX / SPAM folder for your prize's tracking numbers.

TO THOSE THAT DIDN'T WIN

I will start a post later this week which will announce the exclusive sale of headsets.
Please note that this offer will be available only for a limited time.

STAY TUNED!!!

=-=-=-=-=-=

P.S: Our company is 100.00% dedicated in supplying our fellow gamers with great products.
We are not, I REPEAT, We are not willing to scam any CAG members out their money.

I was just about to post I got a tracking number and delivery expected today. Then there was a knock at the door with UPS guy and a package :)

I was going to post a photo but I managed to somehow screw up my desktops USB ports so I will post one later from the laptop.

[quote name='emuholic']

A big thanks to Headset Supplier for the competition! Seriously, this is the best prize I have ever won![/QUOTE]

This is the best prize for me as well.
I've got an email with tracking number. So that's a good sign. Expect to get the package by the end of the week. I will post a confirmation once I have the headset.

Thanks headsetsupplier! You're the best so far!!!!!

yo, i'm back got my hands on them and had a bit of a go. i didn't get a fibre optic cable though so i don't think i can take advantage of the 5.1 surround quite yet. i will post some pics later. Thankyou so much for my prize!!!!

[quote name='maiden of haste']yo, i'm back got my hands on them and had a bit of a go. i didn't get a fibre optic cable though so i don't think i can take advantage of the 5.1 surround quite yet. i will post some pics later. Thankyou so much for my prize!!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered from the internet TOSLINK optical cable for a few bucks.

Could anybody explain how stereo headphones can simulate 5.1 surround sound? Or maybe Astro headsets has more than 1 speaker on each side?

Could anybody post the number of days it took to deliver (from "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" till final delivery) and what country?

Thanks!

@przemek

Thanks for letting us know you have not received your tracking number.

There was a problem with our delivery courier, you should receive a tracking number by Friday. If you don't hear from us by the end of the week, let us know and we will try our best to ensure you receive your prize like every other member.

Every week we take the responsibility to process new orders and ship out hundreds of orders, therefore its makes it harder for us to keep track of everything, so thanks for notifying us.

We apologize about this matter.

[quote name='bullka']Could anybody post the number of days it took to deliver (from "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" till final delivery) and what country?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Mine was next day delivery, I am in London UK and was sent from Abingdon which I think is in Oxfordshire?

2011/03/21 13:08 Order Processed: Ready for UPS
2011/03/22 17:39 Delivered

I got the tracking number a hour or two before it was delivered so it was a nice surprise :)

There is no optical lead in either package which I found strange. Astro do not supply one with either the headset or mixer though they give just about every other cable possible. So if you do not have one spare, pick one up on ebay for a few £.

As predicted, playing Homefront online was a massive fail, beacon errors all evening. So I stuck on Bad Company 2 and was blown away by the audio. I heard things I had not heard from my standard TV speakers, the quality of the audio is very good! It does take a little getting used to voice chat, you tend to talk louder (shout) because the headset immerses you in audio but I started getting used to it as time went on. I will do a full review for my site in a week or two.

Thanks again to Headset Supplier, not only have you made me very happy but you have made all my friends very jealous! :)

Hello people I am back after a few days of trying the A40's out, I still have no fibre optic cable but even without it the sound quality is the best I've ever experienced.

I've been playing online, on the 360- COD: Black ops, COD MW2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I have even used them out of the house just for music, but there is one downside I have discovered about the A40's. They keep other noise out perfectly, but they really don't keep the sound in if you like your music turned up a bit. And we're not just talking a bit of bass were talking crystal clear sound travelling for quite a distance. So on one hand the sound quality is amazing but they're not so good in public. Only other thing to note is there is quite a few wires (when using the mixamp for console of PC gaming), but the sound quality is more than worth having a few extra wires laying about.

Here's some pics-
http://twitpic.com/4dk4jr
http://twitpic.com/4dk6v5
http://twitpic.com/4dk7kp
http://twitpic.com/4dkcqk
http://twitpic.com/4dke1a

Thank you so so much Headset Supplier and all over at www.astrogaming.com.

Best prize ever!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='przemek']maiden of haste, nice tatoos ;) This headset looks really great.

And I'm still waiting for my tracking number :([/QUOTE] cheers, I think the tracking number email will get to you the day you receive them in the post, I think that's what happened with us others.
[quote name='bullka']Most probably you did that :) But still I will ask. Have you used the foam inserts?
http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/accessories/replacement-foam-inserts[/QUOTE]
I wasn't doing at first but have been using them since day one or 2. I can't see a difference in sound quality myself, but who knows they must make them for a reason! they're in all likeliness probably just there to keep the speakertags from falling off if you bump into anything. Seems like quite a bit they charge for replacements!

The foam inserts supposedly reduce the outside noise, for example if you are playing in a LAN tournament it reduces crowd noise. I have not tried them yet but will do so soon.

[quote name='emuholic']The foam inserts supposedly reduce the outside noise, for example if you are playing in a LAN tournament it reduces crowd noise. I have not tried them yet but will do so soon.[/QUOTE]
well they don't keep music in! but I can't complain I love them!!

Is there any good audio/video file with test Dolby sounds? Size doesn't matter (I have fast connection).

These are my first Dolby Headphones :) Tried turning off and on the Dolby (button on the right) but the sound is more or less the same. With Dolby ON I just can hear more echo.

So I need a test file with pure Dolby Digital sound to test the MixAmp and the HeadPhones.

Could you name that file?
Thanks!

Dolby sound test-

http://www.lynnemusic.com/surround.html

I havent tried it yet, i'm going to put it on a usb stick and play it through my xbox. You will need to buy a fibre optic cable to be able to use the 5.1 feature. I spent about £5 on a 5metre FO cable from ebay, it's not the best but it does the job. I will probably go spend £20-£30 on decent one at some point when i have spare cash.

NOTE- has everyone changed their setting on their xbox to 5.1 surround from stereo??

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maiden of haste']just did the sound test and it works. remember to get a fibre optic cable and to change your console settings[/QUOTE]

And your impression? Is there a big difference between ordinary Stereo and Dolby sound via Stereo Headphones?

[quote name='bullka']And your impression? Is there a big difference between ordinary Stereo and Dolby sound via Stereo Headphones?[/QUOTE] i didn't try the test on stereo. but it does work. hard to describe i can't work out how it works, and it's very clever how the centre speaker works, very good.
i was struggling to find a good balance of party chat and still being able to hear peoples footsteps sneaking up behind me on COD, but i think that was my bad

[quote name='przemek']Hi :)
Today i got mine headset :) They are so coool :D
Thank you, really big thank you Headset Supplier

Im happy :) Tomorrow i will check them and test :)[/QUOTE]

Please post your impressions here.
Thanks.

bread's done
Back