Givin' away 14 DC Universe Online Beta Keys (WWF & WCW Trivia!) *DONE*

NovaKane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
It's that time again lol!

Aight, so I got these DCUO keys I'm gonna give away. 7 for PC and 7 for PS3. There will be one WCW trivia question for PC and one WWF trivia question for PS3. Each question has seven answers. Very simple.

Rules:
- one person per code so choose wisely.
- each poster only gets one chance to guess. Any edited posts I notice with changed answers will be DQ'd and the next poster that answers correctly will count.
- if there's a duplicate answer, only the first poster's answer will count.
- answers should look like "WCW - insert name" or "WWF - insert name" to keep things organized

I will announce the winners later today after both questions have been correctly answered. Good luck.

WCW Trivia (PC beta key) - Look at the picture and name one of the members from this stable.

rthpc2.jpg

WWF Trivia (PS3 beta key) - Look at the pictures and name one of the members from this stable.

166x1kx.jpg
1z1dxdy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about the whole DC Universe thing for the PC. I put in my code (that I won a couple days back) in the Account Management section of the SOE website, and it said that I redeemed a "DC Universe Beta Pass In-Game Item". I have no idea where to go to download the patcher and get going.

Any ideas? Tried re-entering the code on the DC Universe page, said it was already used.

[quote name='genfuyung']WCW Kevin Nash AKA Big Sexy. If theres any way that could get me a PS3 code instead that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

WCW is for PC keys only.

All of the correct answers have been posted for the WWF portion. No more PS3 keys.

Only a few PC keys left. I will list the winners once the rest of the answers have been posted for the WCW portion.

[quote name='NovaKane']All of the correct answers have been posted for the WWF portion. No more PS3 keys.

Only a few PC keys left. I will list the winners once the rest of the answers have been posted for the WCW portion.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up there is a hidden 8th guy in the WCW picture I already made my post for the ps3 key just wanted to point it out i'm guessing the first 7 correct answers would be the ones to get it if thats all the keys u have.

[quote name='Cuplix']Just a heads up there is a hidden 8th guy in the WCW picture I already made my post for the ps3 key just wanted to point it out i'm guessing the first 7 correct answers would be the ones to get it if thats all the keys u have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just noticed it after all these years before I made thread. The first seven correct answers still win regardless. Extra props to anyone that uses the hidden person as their answer though lol.

I never used to watch wcw but I know the majority of them people from the old wwf days.
hollywood hogan, Kurt Hennig (Mr Perfect), Kevin Hall (Diesel), Scott Hall (Razor Ramon), and I believe Conan.
First 2 I dunno, they were wcw only I believe.

The contest is over now that all the correct answers have been posted. Here are the winners:

PC beta key winners
Kali Bear Man -Hollywood Hogan
HydroX - Scott Norton
DypaehC - Scott Hall
genfuyung - Kevin Nash
CommishGord - Konnan
stretch564 - Macho Man (props :applause:)
salmnat - Curt Hennig

PS3 beta key winners
Cuplix - Rick Rude
aznboovie - Chyna
MoCiWe - Shawn Michaels
Pure Apathy - X-Pac
LordQuas - Billy Gunn
GregSal1 - Road Dogg
flava2000 - Triple H

I will PM all the codes later today. Thanks for playin' ppl!

I really used to mark out for wrestling back during the monday night wars. That eventually got me into ECW, NWA, FCW among other territories and indie promotions.

Sadly as soon as Time Warner pulled the television on WcW and the competition was gone, I lost interest. It seems obvious to me that WWE just doesn't put any effort into their booking and overwrites their promos.

Honestly, how did we go from one 1 minute promo getting me excited for 1-3 matches to a 4-6 minute promo that has me bored to tears and no interested what so ever at whatever or whoever they're pushing. WWE and TNA feel the same, the only thing I can get excited over anymore is UFC and even that I rarely watch.

Anyway fun contest, I wish I would have seen this earlier, I'm a pretty big nerd when it comes to wrestling from 1994 - 2001. But who am I kidding everyone was a fan back then.

*edit* Just thought of something, you should have had a picture of Ted Dibiase in the NWO faction. While he was certainly a name back then I bet he would have been a tough one to remember. Although I almost completely forgot of norton. NWO didn't really make any stars.

[quote name='Yaotz']I really used to mark out for wrestling back during the monday night wars. That eventually got me into ECW, NWA, FCW among other territories and indie promotions.

Sadly as soon as Time Warner pulled the television on WcW and the competition was gone, I lost interest. It seems obvious to me that WWE just doesn't put any effort into their booking and overwrites their promos.

Honestly, how did we go from one 1 minute promo getting me excited for 1-3 matches to a 4-6 minute promo that has me bored to tears and no interested what so ever at whatever or whoever they're pushing. WWE and TNA feel the same, the only thing I can get excited over anymore is UFC and even that I rarely watch.

Anyway fun contest, I wish I would have seen this earlier, I'm a pretty big nerd when it comes to wrestling from 1994 - 2001. But who am I kidding everyone was a fan back then.

*edit* Just thought of something, you should have had a picture of Ted Dibiase in the NWO faction. While he was certainly a name back then I bet he would have been a tough one to remember. Although I almost completely forgot of norton. NWO didn't really make any stars.[/QUOTE]

The Monday Night Wars were definitely one of the best times to be a fan. Everything was just so unpredictable. I still watch wrestlin' today and even though it isn't as excitin' sometimes, it still has its moments. As long as I stay away from the spoilers, I always have somethin' to look forward to.

Also the Invasion angle was very dissapointin' when Vince bought WCW in 2001. It could have been on some epic Marvel vs. DC type shit, but they really dropped the ball on that storyline.

I was gonna post the classic nWo pic (below) with Ted Dibiase in it, but the one I used had more than enough ppl in it so I went with that.

nwo.jpg

Yeah they really handled the whole invasion thing all wrong.

They had a bunch of good mid card talent, and some over stars from WcW that they could have used to create real dream matches and make the brand stronger. Hell they owned WcW now so why should they bury it?

But bury it they did, every single guy from WcW got either a very tiny push that turned into floundering, thrown into ridiculous angles or otherwise squashed. I mean honestly, bringing DDP in as a heel in that terrible stalker angle?

I have a hard time watching it anymore. I will occasionally catch some highlights of matches I want to see (Flair vs HBK for example) but that's the extent of it.

It was really interesting seeing Brock Lesnar do so well in UFC. His title win got me interested in his stay at WWE that I missed. I will say he and Kurt Angle put on some very nice matches when they wanted to.

*edit* It's amazing how young they look in that picture isn't it?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Quick question about the whole DC Universe thing for the PC. I put in my code (that I won a couple days back) in the Account Management section of the SOE website, and it said that I redeemed a "DC Universe Beta Pass In-Game Item". I have no idea where to go to download the patcher and get going.

Any ideas? Tried re-entering the code on the DC Universe page, said it was already used.[/QUOTE]

From GameSpot:

Thanks for signing up for the DC Universe Online beta program. To participate, you will need the activation key printed below.

In order to access the DC Universe Online Beta server, you will need to enter the Beta Key (below) onto your Station account by visiting dcuniverseonline.com and entering the key code in the box on the Home Page under the call-out "Redeem Your Code". If you do not have a Station account you will need to create one by going to Station.com and clicking on the "Sign Up" button on the right end of the top navigation bar.

Once you have created a Station account and entered the key above, follow the steps below to obtain the appropriate files. You may download the appropriate installer from the following web address:
https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/downloadLauncher.action?theme=dcuo
How to redeem your beta key:

1. Enter the web address into your web browser.
  2. Enter your Station Name and Password and click "Log In".
  3. Click the "Download" button to start the download of the Beta Software "Patcher".
  4. When prompted, click "Save". You may save the file to a location of your choosing. The file is called DCUO_Beta_setup.exe.
  5. Once the download has completed, browse to the location the file was saved to.
  6. Double click DCUO_Beta_setup.exe to begin installation.
  7. Select "Install" to install the software or "patcher" to the default directory (RECOMMENDED).
Hope that helps.

[quote name='Yaotz']Yeah they really handled the whole invasion thing all wrong.

They had a bunch of good mid card talent, and some over stars from WcW that they could have used to create real dream matches and make the brand stronger. Hell they owned WcW now so why should they bury it?

But bury it they did, every single guy from WcW got either a very tiny push that turned into floundering, thrown into ridiculous angles or otherwise squashed. I mean honestly, bringing DDP in as a heel in that terrible stalker angle?

I have a hard time watching it anymore. I will occasionally catch some highlights of matches I want to see (Flair vs HBK for example) but that's the extent of it.

It was really interesting seeing Brock Lesnar do so well in UFC. His title win got me interested in his stay at WWE that I missed. I will say he and Kurt Angle put on some very nice matches when they wanted to.

*edit* It's amazing how young they look in that picture isn't it?[/QUOTE]

C/S about Invasion. Brock had a hell of a two year run in the WWE. He wrestled in a lot of great matches. When he went to the UFC, I knew he would kick ass over there. Hope he gets the title back soon though. He got owned in that last fight lol.

[quote name='Cuplix']I had the ps3 code tried to put it in but it says no longer valid.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved, check your inbox!

bread's done
Back