Giving a little love to some Saturn controllers

wiggyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, I had this poor Saturn controller that was feeling a little more busted than I'd like (still worked, just looked like shit).

DSC02032.jpg

So, I took a crappy old "Performance" controller extension that I don't recall EVER working properly and Frankensteined the two turds to make something useful :)

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

And, voila! I now have a Saturn controller with a 12' cable (which I desperately needed anyway), and my crusty, tired Saturn controller has been revived! All it took was a tiny amount of solder, super glue, heat shrink, and a little patience. I went ahead and modded a 2nd controller as well so that any of my friends who want to play along with me don't have to sit on my coffee table with a standard 6' controller :p

Cool! Nice way to keep a controller in the game. When the Saturn was on it's way out the door I stocked up on the 3D controllers (the ones that came with Nights) so I have 4 or so of them here, never used, in the box. Since I am not creative like you are I just buy extras when I can. :)

Thanks! I got some good use out of it last night too. I can finally sit back on the couch and play without having to drag the Saturn halfway across the room ;)

Awesome idea! Guess I should follow this sort of mini-tutorial to repair my turbo PSX controller with the same exposed wire problem. It doesn't even work anymore thanks to that.

I can do a better write-up if you'd like. I took more pics than I posted, and I do plan on extending controllers for other systems now that I know how relatively simple it is (so I can take even more photos that outline the process).

bread's done
Back