Giving away codes, selling on ebay question

Fighterspledge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Well I've given out a few redeemable codes for the 360, since I have no use for them, and it seems some people mentioned that the codes are possibly being snatched up and being sold on ebay.

But the codes were used. How do people sell codes that are spent?

They can't, and they don't. Some CAGs aren't very bright about things though... (See: The ones commenting in your thread about it.)

Also, fuck lurkers. It needed to be said again.

people like that should be found and banned from here, this is for legit trading and not trying to catch and easy buck....

[quote name='georox']They can't, and they don't. Some CAGs aren't very bright about things though... (See: The ones commenting in your thread about it.)

Also, fuck lurkers. It needed to be said again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was almost sure that you can't really sell a code up for grabs because I figured someone is bound to use it before you can sell it.

Just wish people would actually say something when they actually use it. Or a thank you lol.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Yeah I was almost sure that you can't really sell a code up for grabs because I figured someone is bound to use it before you can sell it.

Just wish people would actually say something when they actually use it. Or a thank you lol.[/QUOTE]

If you want a thank you, I would gladly take a code or two. (First is going to a friend who is a complete Halo nut) :D

you can't count on lurkers to say anything...they are lurkers for a reason

if you want a thank you best thing to do is send them through pm to people that win a contest/answer a question etc...then you do run the risk of them selling it

I actually more meant like at least giving everyone the courtesy of letting them know that they used the code. But lurkers are gonna lurk as you said.

I've given away a few codes for things here on cag and elsewhere and I usually just create a thread that says what I'm giving away and first(or second,third, etc. if I'm giving away more than one) person to post in the thread gets it. Then I send them a PM. You can even specify that they have been a member for a year or whatever - though I don't do that. Does this mean they won't be selling it on ebay though? Nope, they still may but you can't really worry about that.

Actually what you can do is pm the same code to the first couple of people that reply to your thread, and the first person to redeem the code gets to keep it.

That way the risk of someone reselling or re trading the code is much lower.

bread's done
Back