Glory of Heracles DS - $14.98 @ gamestop.com - amazon.com

[quote name='io']They wouldn't refund me the difference when it dropped from $14.98 to $12.99 - and I even ordered it before the $10 coupon was available. To top it all off I can't even order another since they made it one per household after I ordered my first one. I'd get another and save it for a gift given the cheap price and $10 coupon code.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I've gotten 4-5 price difference refunds in the past month. They even gave me $5 back when I ordered Glory of Heracles for $15 with code, and then it dropped to $10 without code. One thing I've done in each of my emails to them is to clearly work out all of the numbers involved and spell out exactly what I would like them to do. I also point out just how much money I've spent at GameStop recently. Of course you could always get a bad rep who won't do it regardless, but these little things might help.

[quote name='illennium']Sorry to hear that. I've gotten 4-5 price difference refunds in the past month. They even gave me $5 back when I ordered Glory of Heracles for $15 with code, and then it dropped to $10 without code. One thing I've done in each of my emails to them is to clearly work out all of the numbers involved and spell out exactly what I would like them to do. I also point out just how much money I've spent at GameStop recently. Of course you could always get a bad rep who won't do it regardless, but these little things might help.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I had used a previous $10 credit to buy it, so my total price was $4.98 before shipping. They said I paid less than the current price, so no refund for me. That is BS, of course, as I only paid less because I used a coupon from a previous purchase. It's just yet another reason why these "future game coupons" are not the deals they seem to be.

I did, however, in a follow-up email, get them to give me a $10 future gaming coupon ;). I have no idea if it is valid. I have so many of these things now - if they just stopped working I'd never know.

True. The way I am using the $10 codes now is to buy other games that have $10 codes. Basically code in, code out = no loss. Just $10 off the purchase price. Just used one on 3D Dot Game Heroes for $20 out the door.

[quote name='illennium']BTW, for those who prefer to buy from Amazon, it's $13 with a $10 code (and Amazon codes are much better than GameStop's).[/QUOTE]

WHAT!? WTF... I know they had matched the $15 pricing a while back but I had no idea they matched the code too. Also, 3D Dot Game Heroes now has a $10 code from GS? Man, I need to stop preordering things and missing out on these deals.

Thanks.
I got if for $2.99 because of a $10 credit. Now I get another $10 credit to boot :)
It feels like I made money on the deal.

[quote name='illennium']Sorry to bring bad news... Don't ban me!! ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Well, I'm tempted to do the code in, code out to reacquire Mass Effect 2. I traded it to GS for like $55 with promo about a month or so ago. Now I can get it for $35 and get my code back... Tempting, even though it would just be for the latest DLC or in preparation for ME3.

[quote name='io']:lol:

Well, I'm tempted to do the code in, code out to reacquire Mass Effect 2. I traded it to GS for like $55 with promo about a month or so ago. Now I can get it for $35 and get my code back... Tempting, even though it would just be for the latest DLC or in preparation for ME3.[/QUOTE]

Why not go the used route and get it for $22.99? I'm sure if it comes without the case or manual you could exchange it locally.

[quote name='illennium']Why not go the used route and get it for $22.99? I'm sure if it comes without the case or manual you could exchange it locally.[/QUOTE]

I figured the used copy wouldn't come with the $10 code - isn't that just for new stuff? Plus the link on the promo page for the discount + $10 code lists the new price only.

As for Glory of Heracles, I couldn't resist getting a second copy from Amazon for the $12.99 + code... I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but yeah... I was just pissed about missing out on all the subsequent drops. Watch it go to $10.99 at Amazon later tonight :roll:.

[quote name='io']I figured the used copy wouldn't come with the $10 code - isn't that just for new stuff? Plus the link on the promo page for the discount + $10 code lists the new price only.[/QUOTE]

CheapyD himself recently emailed GameStop and confirmed (in another thread, not sure where it is at this point) that the latest round of games are eligible for the $10 codes whether it's new or used. I am pretty sure that the last round of games had some "new games only" verbiage, whereas this one does not. If it's on the actual product page, you should get the code.

EDIT: As for what's listed on the promo page, I think by default it's always the new version, but then if that goes out of stock then it lists the used one. I think it's just a programmatic thing.

[quote name='io']I figured the used copy wouldn't come with the $10 code - isn't that just for new stuff? Plus the link on the promo page for the discount + $10 code lists the new price only.

As for Glory of Heracles, I couldn't resist getting a second copy from Amazon for the $12.99 + code... I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but yeah... I was just pissed about missing out on all the subsequent drops. Watch it go to $10.99 at Amazon later tonight :roll:.[/QUOTE]

I would be tempted to buy prime if they would drop it too 10.99..... too bad they dont have more DS or psp games with 10 buck coupons... sucks i wasted 84 on glass frames that broke within 24 hours and the store refuses to take them back:(

maybe next month (after june 3 ) i might buy a year of prime... too bad no more prime spliting here

Crap, I didn't realize 3D Dot Game Heroes was $10 less than MSRP and comes with a new $10 code. The hell!? Anyway, even though I already have it I wanted to order a second one and I tried using the code Customer Service sent me when I emailed about Glory of Heracles. I was satisfied with just getting a new code and not the price drop (since when I ordered it, it was $14.98 with no code). Well, it turns out the code they sent me is the same one I used on that order - and gee, no surprise, it doesn't work :bomb:. GS customer service is miles behind Amazon's, that's for damn sure!

Plus, I can't even order anything anyway because "gift card lookup is temporarily unavailable" so I can't apply an Edge card to make payment :roll:.

For those of you waiting for glory of heracles to drop to $10.99 on Amazon, it just did.

edit: I guess it's the same price at Amazon and Gamestop, both still with the $10 credit.

[quote name='whotheheck']I guess it's the same price at Amazon and Gamestop, both still with the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is no longer offering the $10 GC at this new price. If they do, I'll snag one from Amazon with Prime.

[quote name='whotheheck']For those of you waiting for glory of heracles to drop to $10.99 on Amazon, it just did.

edit: I guess it's the same price at Amazon and Gamestop, both still with the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

really price went up

was 2.99 after gift card now its 10.99 with no card

if it drops back to 10.99 with card i will grab one if not dont need another

Weird that amazon would take away the gift card. What's the point of matching GS's price if they aren't also going to match the -real- incentive for ordering? (gift card)

I was all excited until I found out the GS TIV is only $2.50. Amazon TIV is currently $5, but I expect that to drop quickly...

bread's done
Back