Glyde.com A horrible site, DO NOT SHOP THERE. Story inside.

DoubleEcksZero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Alright, hey. I just wanted to share my story about Glyde.com to hopefully deter people from shopping there and getting screwed like I did. This story is short and simple, but frustrating.

So, what happened is, I ordered a copy of Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii. The game was listed as excellent condition, which by Glyde's standards means used, but no marks, no sctatches, or any kind of damage, and the game is complete with manual, and everything. What I received was a copy of Metroid Prime 3, scratched to hell, in a black DVD case, with no manual. At this point I was pissed, I went on the site and clicked Reject, my options where keep the game, or return it minus the 1st shipping I paid, and I had to pay the return shipping. The initial cost was $6, my calculated refund was $3, and I had to pay to return the game. Horrible so far.

Next, it seemed like things where about to get better, but they quickly turned bad again. So at this point I complain to customer service, and they seemingly have some sympathy. They offer me my refund in $6 Glyde credit, and send me a prepaid package for the return. YAY! Almost became a happy ending, but no, it gets bad again. A few days later my credit disappears from my Glyde account. No email, or messages stating why. I email customer service again and I receive this:

Hi -----. Thank you for following up on your order.

The seller has recently contacted us stating, "I received the game and it was purposely scratched to the point that the game is worthless." and "They did not return the instruction manual along with the game." After reviewing this seller's history, I can see he is one of our top seller's, who has not had a single complaint until this incident.

Therefore, such behavior is not acceptable in our community and this item will be returned to you without a refund.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Bill
Glyde
Customer Service
So, that's today. I'm seemingly screwed out of my money, and being forced to keep a scratched up coaster. If anyone has some suggestion for retaliation I'd love to hear em. So far I just sent a return email saying this guys a liar and a scammer, but I doubt they will care. It makes no sense why would someone buy a game, scratch it, and return it?

Also, aside from that Glyde will refuse to remove your credit card information from their system, even if your balance is $0.00 and you have no transactions going on, they will refuse you. Your only option is to delete your account.

Sorry about ur experience. I bought and sold a few items on Glyde and never had any problems until recently. Seller did not send my game. But Glyde was very good and refunded me with extra credit for the $5 coupon I used for the purchase. So it's all good for me.

I bought from Glyde once and got my item in perfect condition. I would think you're more the exception than the norm.

[quote name='stripwhite']I bought from Glyde once and got my item in perfect condition. I would think you're more the exception than the norm.[/QUOTE]
Well the issue isn't so much how many problem sellers or shoddy items there are on Glyde, the issue is that as a buyer, you are the immediate guilty party, and have no recourse for protection. All of the shipping costs are on you so you so you immediately lose money on returns, and if the seller complains about your return, then your screwed.

Sorry about what happened, but I'm really surprised that Glyde actually sides with their sellers. eBay and Amazon pretty much side with customers universally - as a seller its nice to see a site trusting their sellers. It doesn't sound like their trusting the right sellers, though.

[quote name='stripwhite']I bought from Glyde once and got my item in perfect condition. I would think you're more the exception than the norm.[/QUOTE]

Even if this is an exception, it just seems pretty biased to side with the higher feedback user. This is kinda like what eBay does- make the service more beneficial to the person who brings in more revenues.

They should have at least heard a rebuttal.

[quote name='blindinglights']Did you pay with a credit card? If so, I'd call your credit card company and explain the situation.[/QUOTE]

Chase, Debit Card. Like ask them to reverse the charges, you think? I never tried that before, I might give them a call see what they have to say.

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Chase, Debit Card. Like ask them to reverse the charges, you think? I never tried that before, I might give them a call see what they have to say.[/QUOTE]

You would be doing a chargeback. While they might give you the money back right away most cards will charge a $20-30 fee if you should lose the case. If you have never done a charge back before most likely they will just eat the $6 and give it back to ya.

[quote name='Doomstink']Sorry about what happened, but I'm really surprised that Glyde actually sides with their sellers. eBay and Amazon pretty much side with customers universally - as a seller its nice to see a site trusting their sellers. It doesn't sound like their trusting the right sellers, though.[/QUOTE]

This is basically exactly what I was going to post. It almost warms my heart to see a site siding with a "top seller" for a change, I'm Top Rated on ebay, Powerseller, and 99.7% feedback with the only negs/neutrals being situations I would have most definitely taken care of if the buyers had contacted me...but eBay will still allow a brand new buyer to blatantly file a false claim and screw me over without care.

bread's done
Back