Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mizzou75']You can get another $5 off with code SURVEY2011[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I ended up with Singularity for $8.50 and Burnout Paradise for $7.25. Both in excellent condition. Been waiting for a deal at Amazon Warehouse for both but currently they are $14.99 for each on the 360. Just saved me $15 bucks. Very nice.

[quote name='Mizzou75']You can get another $5 off with code SURVEY2011[/QUOTE]

thank you, grabbed tales of the world radiant mythology for $13.xx. been looking for a decently priced one for a while, and in excellent condition to boot. :D

[quote name='Ham Man 89']I sold a "Not for Resale" copy of "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune" on Glyde after checking the terms and what-not on both Glyde & Amazon. Amazon does not allow "Not for Resale" copies to be traded in but I did not find anything stating against it on Glyde and it sold just fine. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Did you just sell it, because I just bought a copy lol, $5 after coupon and existing balance, sequin deal can't wait to play u1 before u3 comes out

Where do I apply the coupon?

Is the Sly Collection worth $18 in excellent condition? Or do you guys think it will be lower on BF?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Where do I apply the coupon?

Is the Sly Collection worth $18 in excellent condition? Or do you guys think it will be lower on BF?[/QUOTE]

After you click on the game it should bring up a popup box with a new and used price. Right under that is a "have a coupon code" thing to click on.

Thanks for the codes. I got The Conduit for $5.80 shipped, and Earth Defense Force 2017 for $10.50 shipped, since that one is getting hard to find. Both were listed as excellent condition, so we'll see what that means.

Got an excellent copy of Scribblenauts to try out for 6.49 to go along with the good copy of Metroid Prime 3 for 5.41. Thanks!

$33.75 for an excellent Deus Ex. Personally, I wasn't that much of a fan of it (the stealth was annoying, but I enjoyed everything else, it's a shame - I really wanted to play it), but that's a pretty good deal.

Got Dead Island PS 3 for 33.41 after coupon, not bad for a pretty new game, it said good condition, but its PS3 and a newish game it should be in very good condition.

Got Deus Ex PS3 (Excellent) for 29.66 a few days ago and Gran Turismo 5 (Excellent) for 25.41 today. I just hope their in excellent condition as advertised. Thanks for the coupons IGOTFIVE and SURVEY2011 guys!!!

I had to use the SURVEY2011 coupon, I got the god of war collection(excellent condition) for $9.xx shipped. I have never played those games so I hope it turns out good.

I bought more games between glyde and GF in the past week than I have in a long time.

Bought Bully: Scholarship Edition the other day using IGOTFIVE and just bought Prototype using SURVEY2011. Always wanted to play these games but never got the chance.

I still remember my first purchase on Glyde. It took a month for me to get the game due to a lazy seller who had the mailer and decided to drag his feet mailing the game. Glyde gave me a 5 dollar of coupon and refunded the shipping for my troubles. The customer service is what keeps me coming back!

damn, still can't figure out what to buy. I have so many games in the backlog that I'm losing desire to add to it (I am working my way through them!). Might just get a cheap book or movie

[quote name='WV Matsui']Where do I apply the coupon?

Is the Sly Collection worth $18 in excellent condition? Or do you guys think it will be lower on BF?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale new at Amazon for $20 recently. Wouldn't be surprised if it showed up for that or cheaper over the holidays.

Also, thanks for the codes everyone! Got No More Heroes and the God of War Collection.

[quote name='Rehykja']It was on sale new at Amazon for $20 recently. Wouldn't be surprised if it showed up for that or cheaper over the holidays.

Also, thanks for the codes everyone! Got No More Heroes and the God of War Collection.[/QUOTE]

Wow, the GOW collection has double in price since I ordered it just a bit ago.

[quote name='iwannadie']Wow, the GOW collection has double in price since I ordered it just a bit ago.[/QUOTE]

That's because prices on Glyde are determined by individual sellers for the most part. There is a range you can set it at and they can suggest you reprice your listing but Glyde itself can't change the price you have it at.

If all the lower priced options for that condition sold out then it's just another seller's listing that they never changed to be a lower price at Glyde's suggestion.

[quote name='GenPirate']Bought Bully: Scholarship Edition the other day using IGOTFIVE and just bought Prototype using SURVEY2011. Always wanted to play these games but never got the chance.

I still remember my first purchase on Glyde. It took a month for me to get the game due to a lazy seller who had the mailer and decided to drag his feet mailing the game. Glyde gave me a 5 dollar of coupon and refunded the shipping for my troubles. The customer service is what keeps me coming back![/QUOTE]

Ya, after selling 10+ things on there, I had a bad transaction where something I shipped out was never acknowledged by the post office and I got an "improper transaction" and shopping package cost deducted from my account.

I wrote to them about it and they credited me for the game and refunded the deduction because I had a good record of selling + buying on Glyde.

Definitely nice of them to take my word for it in situations like that and I was impressed by their prompt customer service replys.

My favorite used game transaction service by far.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Did you just sell it, because I just bought a copy lol, $5 after coupon and existing balance, sequin deal can't wait to play u1 before u3 comes out[/QUOTE] nope... sold it back on 8/16/11

I received my new copy of enslaved today(well yesterday) and it is in-fact brand new factory sealed. Glyde has been awesome for sure.

Awesome coupon codes. I got megamind and country pack 2 for $17 shipped, both new.
BTW - maybe this thread should be a wiki so everyone can update the first post with codes.

the only problem i have with glyde is that there prices tend to fluctuate very wildly at times .

infamous 2 exc condition on sat 9-24 was 26.11 after coupon

on sunday 9-25 it jumped up to 40.54 after coupon for the same excellent condition copy.

i know cause i went back to try to buy it and the price jumped way up really fast.

[quote name='teknobeavr']the only problem i have with glyde is that there prices tend to fluctuate very wildly at times .

infamous 2 exc condition on sat 9-24 was 26.11 after coupon

on sunday 9-25 it jumped up to 40.54 after coupon for the same excellent condition copy.

i know cause i went back to try to buy it and the price jumped way up really fast.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the same one. All of glyde's items comes from various sellers. The first one was sold, and the next seller wanted more money for the same game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The complete SW Saga is down to $58.68 shipped, tempting[/QUOTE]

I see it dropping more before christmas, it's already dropped a lot right after release.

[quote name='iwannadie']I see it dropping more before christmas, it's already dropped a lot right after release.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm asking for flame on here, but I will say it anyway. The thing is Star Wars sucks 90% I can only barely watch the first movie, the rest of them are so bad you have to pay me to watch them and even then I can't. Go ahead flame me.

[quote name='tightclaws']I know I'm asking for flame on here, but I will say it anyway. The thing is Star Wars sucks 90% I can only barely watch the first movie, the rest of them are so bad you have to pay me to watch them and even then I can't. Go ahead flame me.[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion, I don't think we will ever see a universally enjoyed movie. I wish someone would pay me to watch star wars, I'd retire ha.

Lame! They changed the code to require an item to be over 5 dollars to be used... There goes my plan to get a cheap book with free shipping...

[quote name='k0d1akattack']Lame! They changed the code to require an item to be over 5 dollars to be used... There goes my plan to get a cheap book with free shipping...[/QUOTE]

they did that like a week ago

[quote name='tightclaws']I know I'm asking for flame on here, but I will say it anyway. The thing is Star Wars sucks 90% I can only barely watch the first movie, the rest of them are so bad you have to pay me to watch them and even then I can't. Go ahead flame me.[/QUOTE]
I can understand not liking the series. But Empire is a freaking masterpiece. Everyone at least likes that one right?

You can't.

I grabbed Madden 11 for $6 after coupon last night in excellent condition. Should cure my NFL game fix for a few weeks until I get tired of it ;)

[quote name='Ham Man 89']I sold a "Not for Resale" copy of "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune" on Glyde after checking the terms and what-not on both Glyde & Amazon. Amazon does not allow "Not for Resale" copies to be traded in but I did not find anything stating against it on Glyde and it sold just fine. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
This is why I don't like buying new stuff on Glyde. The collector in me hates to get promo/not-for-resale copies of games, and you can't ask the seller if the UPC code is intact.

I sent back a new PS2 game with a hole in the UPC, claiming Not As Described, and Glyde's stupid policy on returns means that I had to eat both the original shipping and half the return shipping. I lost around $6 because of that.

Anybody have a problem with Survey2011 code. I just ordered Dragon Age Origins for what should have been $5.66, but online its showing $10.66. The screen showed $5.66, but now its $10.66. I didnt take the survey, but I assumed the code was generic. The deal has been good. Have two accounts, got Star Wars (IV-VI) blu ray brand new for $20.00, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix for 77 cents, Black Donnellys DVD set for $10 and hopefully Dragon Age for $5.66.

[quote name='romodome']Anybody have a problem with Survey2011 code. I just ordered Dragon Age Origins for what should have been $5.66, but online its showing $10.66. The screen showed $5.66, but now its $10.66. I didnt take the survey, but I assumed the code was generic. The deal has been good. Have two accounts, got Star Wars (IV-VI) blu ray brand new for $20.00, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix for 77 cents, Black Donnellys DVD set for $10 and hopefully Dragon Age for $5.66.[/QUOTE]

Coupon codes were removed after the fact on my last 2 orders. They applied fine at checkout but now there is no record of them.

[quote name='illennium']Coupon codes were removed after the fact on my last 2 orders. They applied fine at checkout but now there is no record of them.[/QUOTE]

I just got emailed. If the mailing address for two accounts are the same, they are able to remove the code since its "one per household". THe Survey2011 is that way, Igotfive can be used on multiple accounts with same address.

First time I'm using Glyde. I bought 3 hard to find (at a reasonable price) DS games and used the coupon codes on 2 of them. The condition listed are good,excellent and new. The prices seemed extremely low comparing to Amazon's used listing and the $5 off made the deals even more attractive.
If the deals go through then I'll be visiting Glyde before I buy any used game - but I'm wondering two things.
Can the described condition of the games be considered accurate?
And what's the frequency of the seller cancelling the sale? I mean if all 3 are cancelled or never sent then it was just a waste of my time.

Most of the time, the item descriptions are accurate. There are a few people that will try to sell things that aren't in the described condition, if that happens you have the option to reject acceptance via "Not as Described" and you can email customer service, on the few occasions I've had to, they have been really helpful and quick to resolve any issues.

As far as frequency of cancels, I've had maybe 5 or 6 over the span of 100+ buying transactions, it's really up to the seller, whether he/she decides to follow through and actually mail the item. Although I have had the problem of things getting lost via USPS (only on a few occasions though), especially around the holiday season.

But mainly you will find that there are good sellers that will fulfill the item in a timely manner. Receipt upon item usually takes about 1 to 1-1/2 weeks from the time you buy the item, till you receive it (especially since Glyde has to mail the seller the mailer, then the seller has to mail the item to you).

[quote name='romodome']i got star wars bluray set (iv-vi) for 19.41 after coupon. new. seems too cheap.[/QUOTE]
I got that same deal when it was that price. :D
I also got a great deal on a cart-only DS game for $5.xx

More coupons please.

[quote name='iwannadie']I don't think we will ever see a universally enjoyed movie. [/QUOTE]

The first matrix.

bread's done
Back