Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tarouza']Just got an email about some things I asked about mgs 4 motorstorm pacific rift and just cause 2 now avail for buy and sell[/QUOTE]

That was you? :applause: (I just put up my Pacific Rift for sale). CAG to the rescue.

[quote name='marcand']That was you? :applause: (I just put up my Pacific Rift for sale). CAG to the rescue.[/QUOTE]

I think half the things I've sold on Glyde as went to fellow CAGs..lol

Just posting another positive review. Ratchet and Clank future: Tools of destruction. 15 dollars shipped using a coupon, got in 5 days ahead of the projected date, and in basically New condition. This game couldn't have had more happen to it than just a shrink wrap unwrapping.

My oversized "good" book came in a non-glyde mailer. It was in a commercial bag/wrapper from a store called BooksWorld that had their name printed all over. The book is in great condition, though obviously a rental (ex-library book).

Are you serious? Why the hell they would write that on the outside? I know its from Glyde and I'm expecting something so its not like I'll refuse it.

glyde.jpg

And I should mention that the case was far from "excellent." Clearly a GS used game from the badly removed sticker residue (which I'm used to) but not the small holes in the plastic..wtf?
I bought a new copy of Yakuza 2 from them that was perfect, but this is disappointing. :( I don't know if its even worth returning it.

[quote name='carbontiger']Are you serious? Why the hell they would write that on the outside? I know its from Glyde and I'm expecting something so its not like I'll refuse it.

glyde.jpg

And I should mention that the case was far from "excellent." Clearly a GS used game from the badly removed sticker residue (which I'm used to) but not the small holes in the plastic..wtf?
I bought a new copy of Yakuza 2 from them that was perfect, but this is disappointing. :( I don't know if its even worth returning it.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me in Ebay, I got my full money back though. Dude had it as Like new and it had dog bite marks all over the place. Id say call Glyde and they SHOULD work out a solution with you.

[quote name='carbontiger']Are you serious? Why the hell they would write that on the outside? I know its from Glyde and I'm expecting something so its not like I'll refuse it.[/QUOTE]

Though I definitely don't defend this practice, it's clearly not for the buyer. It's so the seller knows what envelope is for what game. Might not seem like a big issue, but remember that the Glyde site has no information about who you are actually selling the item to (don't remember if the e-mail from them does, though). So, if you've sold multiple items and have the envelopes lying around, you have no clue who gets what.

Like I said, I don't defend it. I'm sure they could find a better way to do this, but at this point in their company's history, this is probably the most cost effective and efficient way, in their opinion.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Though I definitely don't defend this practice, it's clearly not for the buyer. It's so the seller knows what envelope is for what game. Might not seem like a big issue, but remember that the Glyde site has no information about who you are actually selling the item to (don't remember if the e-mail from them does, though). So, if you've sold multiple items and have the envelopes lying around, you have no clue who gets what.

Like I said, I don't defend it. I'm sure they could find a better way to do this, but at this point in their company's history, this is probably the most cost effective and efficient way, in their opinion.[/QUOTE]

He scared me for a second. I thought that was one I sold but mine was a DS title.

I sell about 8-10 per week on Glyde and there is no way for me to know what game goes with what mailer other than what's printed on the outside. They could probably just email me the address of the person who purchased what game but that just isn't as efficient. I don't like it either and now that I think about it there is no reason that I just cant mark that part out with a black marker before I ship it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Though I definitely don't defend this practice, it's clearly not for the buyer. It's so the seller knows what envelope is for what game. Might not seem like a big issue, but remember that the Glyde site has no information about who you are actually selling the item to (don't remember if the e-mail from them does, though). So, if you've sold multiple items and have the envelopes lying around, you have no clue who gets what.

Like I said, I don't defend it. I'm sure they could find a better way to do this, but at this point in their company's history, this is probably the most cost effective and efficient way, in their opinion.[/QUOTE]

I guess that explanation makes sense, still not safe for the buyer. Sure mr. mailman, have at it.

I'm not even gonna bother returning it. At $7 and change after coupon, as long as it plays, its not worth dealing with the return and refund. I wanted the game but I kind of expect Excellent to mean Excellent. I forget that I'm not buying from glyde, I'm buying from people who probably don't keep things in pristine condition like I do. I think I'll stick to new purchases until they sort out their obvious description discrepancies.

added latest coupon codes and promotions to OP:

Current Codes/Promotions (expire 4/30):
$2 off First Purchase - GLYDE2
5% off everything for returning users - 5GLYDE
All fees waived on your first sale

Anyway btw I was supposed to get a brand new copy of Tetris DS sealed. It turns out it was a half assed attempt at taking my 40 bucks. Not without a fight.

[quote name='CheapyD']added latest coupon codes and promotions to OP:

Current Codes/Promotions (expire 4/30):
5% off everything for returning users - 5GLYDE
[/QUOTE]

Not sure about anyone else, but this one isn't working for me at all.

Glyde is totally legit they have been interviewed by Kotaku numerous times and are a fav of the staff there. i am both a buyer and seller on there and my experiences have been positive every single time. the website is simple and easily laid out and selling really is as easy as it portrayed on their. Glyde has been around for abput 2 yrs it started as a trading network for college students to buy sell and cheap movies and games and books but has grwon into what you see now. Their exposure really exploded after positive write ups from kotaku and joystiq and several other mainstream gaming sites.

man they need another 2 or 3 buck coupon .. 5% off only = chump change on 10 buck or under games ...

There are around 15 games i would buy at 10 if shipping was free (not worth 13 + each)

There is a disc only Batman:AA up right now for $14+shipping if anybody here wants it. Good deal.

5GLYDE doesn't work for me either.

I think GLYDE5 is only for first time customers as well. I tried it on a game when I wasn't logged in and it worked but as soon as I logged in it didn't work.

If only we had a CAG16 for Glyde too ;)

[quote name='Mizzou75']I think GLYDE5 is only for first time customers as well. I tried it on a game when I wasn't logged in and it worked but as soon as I logged in it didn't work.

If only we had a CAG16 for Glyde too ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with a CAG10. They would see alot more traffic from us if they did.

Man, I wish it could be all fees waived on the first sale made after this goes into effect, since I already sold a couple things...way to make existing users annoyed, glyde.

[quote name='Skydude']Man, I wish it could be all fees waived on the first sale made after this goes into effect, since I already sold a couple things...way to make existing users annoyed, glyde.[/QUOTE]

How do you think I feel after 104 transactions. :cool:

Got my AC2 with no probs and in excellent shape, but whoever I bought Gears 2 from bowed out. More than a little annoyed. Glyde customer service, however, was awesome! Prompt and polite. Trying to decide if I want to list my CoD WaW 360.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Got my AC2 with no probs and in excellent shape, but whoever I bought Gears 2 from bowed out. More than a little annoyed. Glyde customer service, however, was awesome! Prompt and polite. Trying to decide if I want to list my CoD WaW 360.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, except I bought Lego Indy in excellent condition. The seller hasn't even bothered to send it, the ETA for it was today. A game I bought 3 days after Indy is already halfway to me. Do I just get a refund or does it get added to my glyde account balance?

[quote name='Virsago']Same for me, except I bought Lego Indy in excellent condition. The seller hasn't even bothered to send it, the ETA for it was today. A game I bought 3 days after Indy is already halfway to me. Do I just get a refund or does it get added to my glyde account balance?[/QUOTE]

It is possible that the seller sent it, but his/her local USPS doesn't like to scan/update the delivery confirmation. That has happened with most of my purchases thus far, but they have reached me by or shortly after the ETA.

Yep. Sometimes stuff simply doesn't get scanned. It has happened to me a bunch with stuff I sold on eBay. Nothing pops up for days, and then it finally gets scanned when delivered. The first time, I worried a bit, but now, I just take it as the norm.

My problem selling on Glyde is that it seems like it takes a week just to get the envelope. That makes it hard for the game to make the ETA.

when i think it is sketchy on whether a game is "excellent" or not i think how i can get the same condition at double the price at gamestop.

I ordered RB6:V a few weeks ago, I got it by the ETA. The game case was trashed (imo) but not worse than Gamestop's used games.

It should be noted they have good new prices as well.

Have you made a purchase there before? I think it's only for your first purchase.

I think there ought to be another condition between good (which technically you can do even if you have nothing but the disc and any case, so not much different than disc-only) and Excellent, for things that are complete but maybe not in the best condition.

Well, I'm trying it without being logged in, which will then let me know if the code is valid before I sign a buddy up.

(That works for the Glyde5 code...and any other code in the past that was for "first time buyers.")

So...just wondering if anyone was successful in using the Glyde2, since I can't confirm that it works.

I'm considering listing all my games to sell, but while setting a game up for sale, it asked for my credit card info. It's not that I don't trust the site, I'm just curious why it's necessary for selling. Now I have to go through the trouble of convincing my dad that it's legit. :wall:

[quote name='TheGremp']I'm considering listing all my games to sell, but while setting a game up for sale, it asked for my credit card info. It's not that I don't trust the site, I'm just curious why it's necessary for selling. Now I have to go through the trouble of convincing my dad that it's legit. :wall:[/QUOTE]
tell him to read this http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Glyde

or to get you your own credit card

;)

[quote name='helluvagood']tell him to read this http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Glyde

or to get you your own credit card

;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, convincing him won't be too hard with things like that, as well as Kotaku and CheapyD approving of it, but just for the sake of my curiosity, is there any reason they need that? Do they take the 10% and envelope price from your card? I assumed they would just deduct it from your payment.

[quote name='TheGremp']Yeah, convincing him won't be too hard with things like that, as well as Kotaku and CheapyD approving of it, but just for the sake of my curiosity, is there any reason they need that? Do they take the 10% and envelope price from your card? I assumed they would just deduct it from your payment.[/QUOTE]

Probably so they have some info on who is selling on their website in case things go wrong.

They take the 10% and envelope price from your purchase price. For example, you sell Barbie: Horse Adventures for $15. Once someone buys it Glyde becomes the middle man holding the buyers money while you send out the game. They take their 10% and mailer cost off the purchase price, then once the buyer confirms they received the game you get your money, in this case about $12 net. That money goes into your Glyde account balance which you can then use to purchase something or transfer it to your bank account or get a check mailed to you.

Pretty simple and easy. I like it just because I don't have to go out and buy mailers/stamps etc. and I get better money than I would trading in to GS.

[quote name='life.exe']Probably so they have some info on who is selling on their website in case things go wrong.

They take the 10% and envelope price from your purchase price. For example, you sell Barbie: Horse Adventures for $15. Once someone buys it Glyde becomes the middle man holding the buyers money while you send out the game. They take their 10% and mailer cost off the purchase price, then once the buyer confirms they received the game you get your money, in this case about $12 net. That money goes into your Glyde account balance which you can then use to purchase something or transfer it to your bank account or get a check mailed to you.

Pretty simple and easy. I like it just because I don't have to go out and buy mailers/stamps etc. and I get better money than I would trading in to GS.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me man. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to pay my parents $3 or so every time I make a sale. :p

Anyways, the service looks pretty good. I'm gonna go ahead and set a bunch of games up for sale.

It is really annoying how it seems like no one accepts the orders. Not that anyone rejects what I have sent, but I hate not having access to the credit.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is really annoying how it seems like no one accepts the orders. Not that anyone rejects what I have sent, but I hate not having access to the credit.[/QUOTE]

I've bought 3 games off Glyde so far and accepted all of them on the same day I recieved them. Sounds like you might just might be unlucky or I'm an anomaly.

bought BlazBlue for $13 shipped. Best part was my order was actually the limited edition version! Came in excellent shape and complete! Love glyde.

[quote name='mailman27']I've bought 3 games off Glyde so far and accepted all of them on the same day I recieved them. Sounds like you might just might be unlucky or I'm an anomaly.[/QUOTE]

Of the 10 or so games I sold on Glyde, only one was accepted on the same day they received it, all the others were eventually auto accepted.. it's not like it's a hard process.. you click on a link and say "it's good".. but apparently most gamers are too busy enjoying their new product they got for cheap :p

[quote name='Mizzou75']Woah :shock: Just posted on Twitter

As a thx to all the Cheap Ass Gamers out there, here's your CAG10 coupon code! 10% off. Games only. Ltd time. Unlimited uses! www.glyde.com[/QUOTE]

ZOMG THX!!!!!

I just posted 3 games on glyde, and 2 sold within the hour! =D

[quote name='Mizzou75']Woah :shock: Just posted on Twitter

As a thx to all the Cheap Ass Gamers out there, here's your CAG10 coupon code! 10% off. Games only. Ltd time. Unlimited uses! www.glyde.com[/QUOTE]

That's awesome - possibly the first viable code for higher dollar games.

bread's done
Back