Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly enough I had just recently purchased a copy of "Bully: Scholarship Edition" and it stated that it had arrived today so I went ahead and checked my mailbox, much to my surprise after opening my package I found a copy of "Heavy Rain" which is a game title that costs about 30$ more then my copy of Bully.

Obviously I have e-mailed Glyde letting them know however I really won't likely opt to pay the return shipping.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I'm not sure, last night the site was being odd. I posted a game at the market price, it said mine would be the first sold. Then I looked and when i found the game for a sale it was a dollar less than I had posted. It was like that for all my games. Now it appears to be fixed[/QUOTE]

If your item is listed as a dollar less than the price you set it at it's a 'daily deal.'

I've got 5 games sold in the past 2 days :) loving it, much easier to sell than all the eBay crap and better values than GameStop

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I can't get Cag10 to work! Damn...[/QUOTE]

It expired after sunday.

All fees waived on your first sale

I didnt get any of my fees waved

Sold yu gi oh sprit caller BUT i have delisted the rest of my stuff until i get my cash .. i do not like this

Problem Buyer Seller
Item Not As-Described •May initiate return within 48 hours of delivery.
•Is reimbursed cost of item.
•Pays half of return shipping (~$2.50).
•Pays Mailer Cost ($1.00-$1.75).
•Shares return cost with buyer (~$2.50).
•Receives returned item. Does not get sale proceeds

so the person could lie about the game and FORCE the seller to pay all of these fees or they can even LIE and say the game never showed just to rip you off by 50%.

Can i stick DELIVERY CONFIRM On these

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The mailers Glyde sends you have DC on them, so the buyer could definitely not lie about it not showing up.[/QUOTE]

if it has DC on it then how can they say it was never mailed? Wouldnt the Tracking number show up?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Loss Policy
The US Postal Service safely delivers nearly all parcels. However, if a Glyde package is lost in transit, the seller and buyer will share the cost of the lost item, and Glyde will waive its fees.

Problem Buyer Seller
Seller Fails to Send Item / Postal Service Did NOT Confirm Package Was Mailed Is reimbursed purchase price and shipping cost. •Does not receive sales proceeds.
•Pays Mailer Cost ($1.00-$1.75).

Postal Service Confirmed Package was Mailed Splits the cost of lost item with seller (i.e. receives 50% of purchase price back) and pays original shipping cost. •Splits cost of lost item with buyer (i.e. receives 50% of sale price).
•Pays Mailer Cost.

In all other disputed or unsuccessful transactions, Glyde will apply the Shared Responsibility principles of these Transaction Policies to resolve the issue at its discretion.

so your saying even with DC number some could #$#$# you over and say they never got it just to pay 50% of the price

[quote name='slidecage']

so your saying even with DC number some could #$#$# you over and say they never got it just to pay 50% of the price[/QUOTE]

i don't think so...
we're talkin Delivery Confirmation

the policy you are quoting applies to items lost in transit
ie, not delivered

slidecage, this is really not that hard. The padded mailer has delivery confirmation on it. If the item is delivered, it will be reflected on USPS's site. There's no way that the buyer could dispute this. It's not even like eBay or something, where if I don't have definitive proof that I shipped it to the right address, I could be screwed. Glyde prints the labels up, and they track whether or not the item was delivered. Once it shows up as delivered on USPS's site, there is nothing the buyer could possibly do to screw you, other then lying about the condition, but that's not what we're talking about.

As the above poster just clearly said, the policy you keep quoting is about stuff that actually is lost.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']slidecage, this is really not that hard. The padded mailer has delivery confirmation on it. If the item is delivered, it will be reflected on USPS's site. There's no way that the buyer could dispute this. It's not even like eBay or something, where if I don't have definitive proof that I shipped it to the right address, I could be screwed. Glyde prints the labels up, and they track whether or not the item was delivered. Once it shows up as delivered on USPS's site, there is nothing the buyer could possibly do to screw you, other then lying about the condition, but that's not what we're talking about.

As the above poster just clearly said, the policy you keep quoting is about stuff that actually is lost.[/QUOTE]

now that you bring up the lying about the condition that also sort of worries me.... sold

yu gi oh spirt caller for DS 19 (after fees, even though it says first sale has no fees they charged me fees)

hopefully it all works out ,, probally just over worring

You're definitely worrying too much. There is some risk is any kind of online selling. But I've had nothing but positive with experiences with Glyde so far. Sure, I've only sold 5 games and bought 2, but judging by this thread, I would say that the overall CAG experience has been beyond positive.

glyde got back to me... Seems it was a flyer that went out that Made the first sale free... you had to go though the LINK on the flyer.. BUT the said they would still refund the fees this one time .....

so that will knock the yu gi oh game to a sell price of 22.50 price (very high and shocked someone took it) i just hope they dont try to #$#$# me over

seems they are not even grabbing over 15 on ebay that sort of makes me more worried (many are under 10)

Sooo what kinda protection is there against people reporting the disc not there.

I recently sold Smash bros melee and double checked to make sure the disc was in the case before sealing and sending off. The guy is now saying the disc isn't there. Whats up with that. I had a really positive experience buying a game, and I want to love this service, but this is putting me off. Thankfully it is just a 5 dollar old old game I wanted to get rid of but still.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Sooo what kinda protection is there against people reporting the disc not there.

I recently sold Smash bros melee and double checked to make sure the disc was in the case before sealing and sending off. The guy is now saying the disc isn't there. Whats up with that. I had a really positive experience buying a game, and I want to love this service, but this is putting me off. Thankfully it is just a 5 dollar old old game I wanted to get rid of but still.[/QUOTE]

dont think you have ANY protection... you lose the cash how it sounds... That is why i was asking questions a few post above these.... IT sounds like a good way to dump off old games but Not really sure..

I mean i just sold a few days back Yu gi oh sprit caller for 22.50 + shipping it wold cost the buyer... These game go for under 15 easy on ebay.. why would someone pay 25 for a game where the can win it below 15 or even 10

[quote name='slidecage']dont think you have ANY protection... you lose the cash how it sounds...[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's a joke. I don't really care for being a seller on Amazon...But at least they give you ground to stand on in disputes.

got the flyer today and tossed it in the mail.. person lives in FLORIDA but they are using a PO BOX

should know by tuesday if they got it or not

Just ordered MAG for about $26. I'll judge this site once I have 5 purchases. Got my first purchase fine. Too bad it had sticker residue which isn't required to specify. All good though. Expecting Rogue Galaxy and Yakuza.

[quote name='thehoweller']Haha, that's a joke. I don't really care for being a seller on Amazon...But at least they give you ground to stand on in disputes.[/QUOTE]

I've never sold anything on Amazon, but I have sold plenty on eBay, and from the way people talk about Amazon, it's no better. They give you little ground to stand on in disputes. If the buyer lies about the condition, you've really got no recourse.

Glyde prices are good, but damn... shipping takes forever... been over a week or so now. Ordered NFS:S for $22 (disc only)... I'm supposed to receive it this weekend, so we'll see... I should've just bought it off Amazon for $3-4 more. So yeah, leaves kind of a bad impression on my first purchase. I'll follow up with details of the game later...

Well, Glyde doesn't sell games. They are a middle man. They ship out a mailer to the seller, and then they ship you the game. You should have kind of expected a long shipping process.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Glyde prices are good, but damn... shipping takes forever... been over a week or so now. Ordered NFS:S for $22 (disc only)... I'm supposed to receive it this weekend, so we'll see... I should've just bought it off Amazon for $3-4 more. So yeah, leaves kind of a bad impression on my first purchase. I'll follow up with details of the game later...[/QUOTE]

i would allow 2 weeks to get to you.... I sold something Tuesday... the flyer just got to me today.... lucky it mail got hear before i took off for the night and was able to run it to the post office today (yes i did find out that i could drop it in a box after i dropped it off but i DONT LIKE DROPPING STUFF IN THE BOXES)

they should get the item Tuesday so that is a week turn around it would been friday if the mail came late cause i would of never taken it to the post office until monday

so i say give it 7 to 14 days

glad they scanned it

Your item was accepted at 4:10 PM on April 30, 2010 in FORT WAYNE, IN 46808. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

now they cant prove it was never sent

Sigh....I got an excellent copy of :xbox: Psychonauts. The disc was fine but the manual was bent badly and there was like this gunk on the inside of the case. Looked like dried soda or something. I just cleaned the gunk with a wet napkin. Still, if your selling a game at least clean the damn case. :bomb:

I have 4 sales in the mail right now for games ive sold this last week. Hopefully all goes well and I don't get any scammers disputing my product.

I sold my game on the 17th and still havent received my payment :( . The tracking thing just stops at the 21st of this month and doesnt say DELIVERED . Does this mean it got lost in the mail ?

I hate it when sellers list a 360 game as "new" and then I get the game and its in a black dvd case albeit with cover art and manual, and the disc has numerous scratches.

How do you fuck up a "new" listing?

I have the best luck when buying relatively recently released games listed as "excellent" in the 25 to 30 dollar range. That seems to be where I get the items as listed most all the time from sellers.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I sold my game on the 17th and still havent received my payment :( . The tracking thing just stops at the 21st of this month and doesnt say DELIVERED . Does this mean it got lost in the mail ?[/QUOTE]

i would contact them

WOW my order is one fucked up piece of shit. Bought in "excellent" condition but it came as "good" at best. FFS I wouldn't even want to use this thing as a fucking coaster. I sure as hell don't want to pay return shipping either WTF. So much for saving money.

#1 - Case looks dirty and scuffed.
#2 - Cover art is torn and folded in multiple spots.
#3 - Manual is missing cover
#4 - Few scratches?! My ass. This shit looks like it was cleaned with iron wool.

Definitely not a good start. -1/5 for making me pay for shipping back to the jackass who thought the product was excellent. I hope they shove it up their fucking ass.

so USPS confirms that my package was delivered but i still haven't received payment yet, is there some sort of time out to automatically pay the seller when the package is confirmed delivered?

[quote name='Buzzman']what was the game btw?[/QUOTE]

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

I stuck the disc in my wii to find it can't even get past the menu to play one game while I'm waiting for the mailer to come in...

[quote name='toomuchpie617']so USPS confirms that my package was delivered but i still haven't received payment yet, is there some sort of time out to automatically pay the seller when the package is confirmed delivered?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's 3 days.

Wow this is some BS. I am not refunded the original shipping cost AND have to pay to ship it back! I understand shared responsibility but this is ridiculous. Shared responsibility would have been if the seller matched the amount the buyer had to pay for shipping.

Forget it. I'm not sending it back. I'll only recoup half of my loss. This is retarded. There should be a rating system. They also need to add a description in between good and disc only. Good covers way too much ground.

Please don't let my other purchases suck as much as my first experience. I'm still waiting on 2 more.

[quote name='iRent']Wow this is some BS. I am not refunded the original shipping cost AND have to pay to ship it back! I understand shared responsibility but this is ridiculous. Shared responsibility would have been if the seller matched the amount the buyer had to pay for shipping.

Forget it. I'm not sending it back. I'll only recoup half of my loss. This is retarded. There should be a rating system. They also need to add a description in between good and disc only. Good covers way too much ground.

Please don't let my other purchases suck as much as my first experience. I'm still waiting on 2 more.[/QUOTE]

This is what i think will doom this site... no way to leave feedback so scammers can jump on with a bunch of one time use credit cards and really #$#$## over the system

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but if you use the code "DTAKER3" you get $3 off your first purchase. $1 more than than the $2 off "GLYDE2" code mentioned before :)

[quote name='Jestifex']Don't know if anyone mentioned this but if you use the code "DTAKER3" you get $3 off your first purchase. $1 more than than the $2 off "GLYDE2" code mentioned before :)[/QUOTE]
DTAKER3 is an older code. For a couple of weeks it was expired and could not be used. Looks like Glyde brought it back! Thanks for informing us.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, Glyde doesn't sell games. They are a middle man. They ship out a mailer to the seller, and then they ship you the game. You should have kind of expected a long shipping process.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sort of, but their ETA is wrong/misleading...

[quote name='slidecage']i would allow 2 weeks to get to you.... I sold something Tuesday... the flyer just got to me today.... lucky it mail got hear before i took off for the night and was able to run it to the post office today (yes i did find out that i could drop it in a box after i dropped it off but i DONT LIKE DROPPING STUFF IN THE BOXES)

they should get the item Tuesday so that is a week turn around it would been friday if the mail came late cause i would of never taken it to the post office until monday

so i say give it 7 to 14 days

glad they scanned it

Your item was accepted at 4:10 PM on April 30, 2010 in FORT WAYNE, IN 46808. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

now they cant prove it was never sent[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know lol... don't think I will be using Glyde anytime soon unless there's a really intriguing deal... :bomb: takes too damn long, still haven't received my game.

Your item was delivered at 9:28 AM on May 3, 2010 in YULEE, FL 32097.

Well the item was delivered so cant get hit with a NEVER GOT IT ... they could still pull off a Not as described BS...

Hopefully i have my cash by tomorrow or weds

Yeah, good luck... in terms of selling, I think I would go other routes rather than Glyde... process seems a bit troublesome/slow.

Personally I think selling is a million times easier on Glyde. I have a job that requires 50-60 hours a week and a lot of out-of-town travel. I don't really have time anymore to get bubblemailers, go to the post office and send things out. Since Glyde does everything for me, I can easily send games when I'm home, which is great because if I have to leave the next day, odds are I won't get to the post office beforehand and the game will sit there for a week unshipped. Since they ship the mailer, I can just tell my girlfriend to send it out for me if I'm out of town. Saves me a lot of hassle.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Yeah, sort of, but their ETA is wrong/misleading...[/QUOTE]

From my experience, they have given themselves a bit of breathing room in terms of their ETA. Both of my games arrived a few days earlier. There's really nothing they can do about a seller that drags his feet and doesn't ship the game out a day or two after receiving the mailer.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Personally I think selling is a million times easier on Glyde. I have a job that requires 50-60 hours a week and a lot of out-of-town travel. I don't really have time anymore to get bubblemailers, go to the post office and send things out. Since Glyde does everything for me, I can easily send games when I'm home, which is great because if I have to leave the next day, odds are I won't get to the post office beforehand and the game will sit there for a week unshipped. Since they ship the mailer, I can just tell my girlfriend to send it out for me if I'm out of town. Saves me a lot of hassle.[/QUOTE]

Glyde is definitely a good alternative to people who don't wanna be bothered getting mailers, answering questions about items, writing up descriptions, maybe going to the post office, etc. I don't think I would sell anything of significant value on Glyde, just because of how their system and rules are currently set-up, but it is certainly a great place to dump cheap games. I can just list them, pay nothing up front, and leave them there until someone buys them. I've already sold a handful of games that I might have gotten a buck or two on eBay for like $5+ after fees. Worked out great for me.

bread's done
Back