Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Glyde is definitely a good alternative to people who don't wanna be bothered getting mailers, answering questions about items, writing up descriptions, maybe going to the post office, etc. I don't think I would sell anything of significant value on Glyde, just because of how their system and rules are currently set-up, but it is certainly a great place to dump cheap games. I can just list them, pay nothing up front, and leave them there until someone buys them. I've already sold a handful of games that I might have gotten a buck or two on eBay for like $5+ after fees. Worked out great for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is definitely what I'm getting at mostly. If I had a rare or valuable item, I'd put it up here or on eBay if I wanted to deal with all of that. But I got a bunch of games from that EA Code glitch and the easiest way for me to dump off the ones I didn't want was through Glyde. Spent about $2.80ish per game with that glitch and flipped them on Glyde for anywhere between a $8-$13 profit each.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']From my experience, they have given themselves a bit of breathing room in terms of their ETA. Both of my games arrived a few days earlier. There's really nothing they can do about a seller that drags his feet and doesn't ship the game out a day or two after receiving the mailer.

Glyde is definitely a good alternative to people who don't wanna be bothered getting mailers, answering questions about items, writing up descriptions, maybe going to the post office, etc. I don't think I would sell anything of significant value on Glyde, just because of how their system and rules are currently set-up, but it is certainly a great place to dump cheap games. I can just list them, pay nothing up front, and leave them there until someone buys them. I've already sold a handful of games that I might have gotten a buck or two on eBay for like $5+ after fees. Worked out great for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, true. Anyone ever heard of or experienced a game never arriving from the seller?

I just received a game in terrible condition being advertised as excellent. It was only $10 so I'm letting it slide this time :mad:

I doubt i will sell anything else on this site *unless i get a very good price!

Item got there at 931 monday morning and the SOB still hasnt confirm they got it

[quote name='slidecage']I doubt i will sell anything else on this site *unless i get a very good price!

Item got there at 931 monday morning and the SOB still hasnt confirm they got it[/QUOTE]

Meh, if they don't confirm it auto accepts it after 48 hours.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. It's annoying when people don't confirm, but as long as there is no issue, you still get your money after a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

throws self on ground

BUT I WANT IT NOW !!!!!

:)

got this from glyde email

I saw the mailer was delivered on 5/3. The buyer has 48 hours to accept or return the game. Funds should be available within 24 hours of the acceptance or from the 48 hour time out period.

Buyers may not be able to update due to unforeseen circumstances or they do not actually have the console to try the game.

If there is anything more I can do to help, please let me know.

so how it sounds they have 48 hours to accept or return the game (2 days) then you have to wait up to another 2 days to get the funds after they time out So between 2 to 4 days ..

Cant just be 48 hours cause 48 hours have passed and still no cash

[quote name='slidecage']got this from glyde email

I saw the mailer was delivered on 5/3. The buyer has 48 hours to accept or return the game. Funds should be available within 24 hours of the acceptance or from the 48 hour time out period.

Buyers may not be able to update due to unforeseen circumstances or they do not actually have the console to try the game.

If there is anything more I can do to help, please let me know.

so how it sounds they have 48 hours to accept or return the game (2 days) then you have to wait up to another 2 days to get the funds after they time out So between 2 to 4 days ..

Cant just be 48 hours cause 48 hours have passed and still no cash[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I have always received my money two days after at the latest.

[quote name='Mizzou75']lol. if you want instant gratification then go to the store and spend a few extra bucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I wouldn't call it instant gratification. I was expecting 3-5 days tops but it's been nearly 2 weeks. Plus it was my first time buying from Glyde... could've just gone through Amazon for like $4 more. :bomb:

WTF, I emailed Glyde regarding my purchase and they reply (2 F***ING weeks later) with:

"Thank you for following up on this order. Unfortunately, it looks like this order has timed out and had to be canceled, as the seller has been unresponsive. Since this happened, you of course will not be charged. The vast majority of sellers on Glyde are timely and reliable people, so situations like this are not typical. We will note this delay on the seller’s account and if a pattern of such complaints develops, we will remove them from the Glyde marketplace."

What a waste of time... NEVER AGAIN!

They sent me a $3 off code though. Whoever wants it I'll give it to you.

[quote name='JaxMoney']WTF, I emailed Glyde regarding my purchase and they reply (2 F***ING weeks later) with:[/QUOTE]

When did you want them to reply? They apparently have a policy of giving the seller a couple of weeks. They don't make any money if the seller doesn't ship the game out, so they are going to give themselves as big a window as possible. Again, I think you went into this process expecting things that you really shouldn't have expected from this kind of service.

My last two purchases came without incident. They came pretty much as they were supposed to. That first purchase really got to me though. You can get ripped on smaller purchases as it would not be worth it sending a $10 game back. You would only recoup around $4.50 after shipping charges.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']When did you want them to reply? They apparently have a policy of giving the seller a couple of weeks. They don't make any money if the seller doesn't ship the game out, so they are going to give themselves as big a window as possible. Again, I think you went into this process expecting things that you really shouldn't have expected from this kind of service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well all I can say is they need to improve their buyer-middleman-seller communication system because it sucks balls. Otherwise they will have tons of problems with these "reliable sellers" that they claim they have. My solution for this is to basically not purchase from Glyde anymore... IMO, it's probably better for sellers. Even for selling I would use eBay or otherwise. No offense to Glyde.

Just picked up a copy of Enchanted Arms from Glyde, arrived 2 days before ETA and was like it should be, I will buy from them again.

Selling used games on this website is wayy better than selling them on amazon.com because there are far fewer fee's, which is why its very difficult to sell any cheap games on amazon. I personally would only purchase a game listed under excellent condition, because its guaranteed to have the case, the game manual and an game thats still in great shape.

[quote name='tortch']Selling used games on this website is wayy better than selling them on amazon.com because there are far fewer fee's, which is why its very difficult to sell any cheap games on amazon. I personally would only purchase a game listed under excellent condition, because its guaranteed to have the case, the game manual and an game thats still in great shape.[/QUOTE]

I agree, when it comes to Glyde... selling > buying. Hence, why some buyers like myself are frustrated with the processing speed lol. The seller can care less... just put the game in the mail and forget about it. The buyer has no clue when they are receiving it (even with confirmation)...

Glyde is great for sellers but I hate that you have to wait almost 2 weeks to get your hands on the game. So far I bought 4 games (Fable: Lost chapters, Lost odyssey, Xenosaga, Crackdown), all in excellent condition. It is so much better than ebay. All the games were like new. Not a scratch on the disc, manual and case in perfect condition. It did not feel like an old game at all. Cool thing is that I paid less than $5 for some of these games. Highly recommended.

Personally I love the site. Sold 5 games for more than what GameStop would likely give me, and got the money into my account within 3 days of the buyer receiving their game. I'll use the site again for sure

I've bought 5 games and sold 2 games through glyde and have been completely satisfied with both sides of the transaction.

If you want your game immediately go to B&M and pay more; If you want every last cent for your game sell it through craigslist or ebay; but if you want a simple, effortless way to buy and sell games without strict timetables glyde is a very reasonable option.

So much better than dealing with flaky buyers/sellers on craigslist.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Yeah, see... majority of the positive feedback regarding Glyde has been from sellers[/QUOTE]

I had two excellent transactions with Glyde as a buyer. Figured I'd put it out there in case there wasn't a whole lot of evidence to that effect.

[quote name='stewe']I've bought 5 games and sold 2 games through glyde and have been completely satisfied with both sides of the transaction.

If you want your game immediately go to B&M and pay more; If you want every last cent for your game sell it through craigslist or ebay; but if you want a simple, effortless way to buy and sell games without strict timetables glyde is a very reasonable option.

So much better than dealing with flaky buyers/sellers on craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Glyde has flaky sellers as well-- I'm just saying. I waited 2 1/2 weeks for nothing. Emailed them asking wtf is going on with the game even though I was given a tracking number. Then they finally tell me that the transaction has been "inactive for too long/timed out" and eventually issued a refund to me. What a waste. I didn't expect to get it immediately... I gave it plenty of time and eventually lost my patience as I knew something was up. After all, it IS still in its Beta phase.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Glyde has flaky sellers as well-- I'm just saying. I waited 2 1/2 weeks for nothing. Emailed them asking wtf is going on with the game even though I was given a tracking number. Then they finally tell me that the transaction has been "inactive for too long/timed out" and eventually issued a refund to me. What a waste. I didn't expect to get it immediately... I gave it plenty of time and eventually lost my patience as I knew something was up. After all, it IS still in its Beta phase.[/QUOTE]

It's a little misleading for you to say they have "flaky sellers" when you bought one game and had a bad experience. Also, you got a tracking number because they issued it. It has nothing to do with the seller. Once again, here's how it works. Someone lists a game, and you buy it. Glyde sends them the mailer in an envelope. The mailer has the tracking number on it. That's why got one. The assumption on their end, of course, is that the seller is going to hold up their end and ship the game out.

And like the poster above, I also had two good transactions as a buyer. One was a cheap ($1), disc-only copy of a game, so that really doesn't count. But I bought an excellent copy of FFXIII, and it looked brand-new, except for a small crease on the cover of the manual.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's a little misleading for you to say they have "flaky sellers" when you bought one game and had a bad experience. Also, you got a tracking number because they issued it. It has nothing to do with the seller. Once again, here's how it works. Someone lists a game, and you buy it. Glyde sends them the mailer in an envelope. The mailer has the tracking number on it. That's why got one. The assumption on their end, of course, is that the seller is going to hold up their end and ship the game out.
[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from, but I'm just saying... you can't say it has nothing to do with the seller when the seller is responsible for completing the transaction. Hence, them being flakey. The only difference is with other middlemen like eBay and Amazon is that you have an idea of who you're dealing with. You have no idea what their reputation is as a seller with Glyde, so it is basically hit or miss. I'm not saying all the time, but it's more likely. Unfortuantely it happened to me and a few others. Like I said, unless Glyde improves their communication/processing system... Glyde will be only good for mostly sellers vs. buyers. That's why it's partially Glyde's fault (even though they are in Beta) for these issues, and needs improvement.

[quote name='JaxMoney']I see where you're coming from, but I'm just saying... you can't say it has nothing to do with the seller when the seller is responsible for completing the transaction. Hence, them being flakey. The only difference is with other middlemen like eBay and Amazon is that you have an idea of who you're dealing with. You have no idea what their reputation is as a seller with Glyde, so it is basically hit or miss. I'm not saying all the time, but it's more likely. Unfortuantely it happened to me and a few others. Like I said, unless Glyde improves their communication/processing system... Glyde will be only good for mostly sellers vs. buyers. That's why it's partially Glyde's fault (even though they are in Beta) for these issues, and needs improvement.[/QUOTE]

Good points. A feedback system would be incredibly useful

[quote name='JaxMoney']I see where you're coming from, but I'm just saying... you can't say it has nothing to do with the seller when the seller is responsible for completing the transaction. Hence, them being flakey. The only difference is with other middlemen like eBay and Amazon is that you have an idea of who you're dealing with. You have no idea what their reputation is as a seller with Glyde, so it is basically hit or miss. I'm not saying all the time, but it's more likely. Unfortuantely it happened to me and a few others. Like I said, unless Glyde improves their communication/processing system... Glyde will be only good for mostly sellers vs. buyers. That's why it's partially Glyde's fault (even though they are in Beta) for these issues, and needs improvement.[/QUOTE]

Um...where did I say it has nothing to do with the sellers? The point of my post was, you had one transaction. You cannot make generalized statements about a business or service by one transaction. People are constantly coming into this thread and trying to gauge whether or not they should use Glyde. You making blanketed, generalized statements based on one experience does not help. People have gotten burned on Amazon, eBay, etc. You name it, people have been screwed on it. It happens.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Um...where did I say it has nothing to do with the sellers? The point of my post was, you had one transaction. You cannot make generalized statements about a business or service by one transaction. People are constantly coming into this thread and trying to gauge whether or not they should use Glyde. You making blanketed, generalized statements based on one experience does not help. People have gotten burned on Amazon, eBay, etc. You name it, people have been screwed on it. It happens.[/QUOTE]

I made it bold when I quoted you lol, and you still missed it? Well, my bad if I seemed like I was bashing Glyde. At first I was simply sharing my experience. I know everyone gets burned, but I was just trying to make a point that people will get burned more frequently on Glyde if they don't fix this. It is super frustrating waiting for something that never shipped without any notifications.

Here (just in case):

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's a little misleading for you to say they have "flaky sellers" when you bought one game and had a bad experience. Also, you got a tracking number because they issued it. It has nothing to do with the seller. Once again, here's how it works. Someone lists a game, and you buy it. Glyde sends them the mailer in an envelope. The mailer has the tracking number on it. That's why got one. The assumption on their end, of course, is that the seller is going to hold up their end and ship the game out.

And like the poster above, I also had two good transactions as a buyer. One was a cheap ($1), disc-only copy of a game, so that really doesn't count. But I bought an excellent copy of FFXIII, and it looked brand-new, except for a small crease on the cover of the manual.[/QUOTE]

You're taking that sentence completely outside of the context.. he was saying that you getting a tracking number had nothing to do with the seller.

There is a feedback system, since each seller account is linked to a credit card (with name/address info) if you report any issue they have a record of it and if it becomes habitual they terminate that account. While it is possible to still exploit this system, anyone exploiting this system could just as easily (and illegally) exploit amazon, ebay, or craigslist.

[quote name='stewe']There is a feedback system, since each seller account is linked to a credit card (with name/address info) if you report any issue they have a record of it and if it becomes habitual they terminate that account. While it is possible to still exploit this system, anyone exploiting this system could just as easily (and illegally) exploit amazon, ebay, or craigslist.[/QUOTE]

That's true.. but the feedback is only visible to glyde, not the actual buyers/sellers. With amazon/ebay you can read the various feedback/ratings so you don't buy/sell things completely blind. I'm not sure but maybe glyde does it this way so that they can give buyers/sellers more privacy and/or to streamline the site's interface so it seems easier to use for anyone new to online purchases?

Speaking of credit cards, do you guys know how I can remove mine from the account? I don't know why it automatically saves... tried the other day and IIRC it didn't let me remove it.

Quick question and I apologize if it has already been answered, but what is the usual turn around on sales through Glyde? If I were to sell a game, I'd have to wait for the mailer, then ship the mailer, wait for them to confirm, and then wait for payment? Thanks

I've only sold 2 games, but it took 8 days and 13 days from the time of the buyer purchasing to when I had the money in my glyde account.
Both transactions had the 2 day max for auto-acceptance, as the buyers did not bother to confirm.

The 13 day one was only because the buyer purchased on a Friday and glyde didn't send out the mailer until the next business day, Monday.

[quote name='jaydepps']Quick question and I apologize if it has already been answered, but what is the usual turn around on sales through Glyde? If I were to sell a game, I'd have to wait for the mailer, then ship the mailer, wait for them to confirm, and then wait for payment? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it can take awhile, especially if you live far away from Glyde's office (they are located in California) and then the buyer lives far from you.

Damn so living in Maine is probably detrimental. I am in no rush though. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try to sell some games. Two more questions though: Do they ship the mailers to your billing address and do they have fees for transferring funds over? Thanks again.

Well, for a comparison, living down the coast from you in Jersey, it usually takes like two weeks+ for the whole process to play itself out, depending on when the purchase gets made. If it's like a Monday, things go a bit quicker. Yeah, definitely not great, but for the service they offer, where I can list junk for the price I want and just wait it out, not too bad.

My billing and shipping addresses are the same, so I'm not a 100% sure which one they ship the mailer to.

There is no fee for transferring the funds to your bank account. They charge $2 if you want them to cut you a check. Personally, I was a little hesitant to give them my bank account information, so I just ended up using the money to buy something.

[quote name='sunghost']You're taking that sentence completely outside of the context.. he was saying that you getting a tracking number had nothing to do with the seller.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, exactly.

Just a heads up/reminder for buyers - use these coupon codes (works for me)

for games under $30: dtaker3 ($3 off)
for games over $30: cwin10 (10% off)

That's really pretty sweet.

bread's done
Back