Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey CAGs. Just wanted to jump in, if that's okay. As mentioned above, we do track sellers and buyers internally, though it's tied to a unique user ID that we have. Deadbeat sellers get suspended from Glyde as soon as they get flagged.

We're also implementing changes to make the whole buying and selling cycle quicker for everyone. Quicker to get your mailer, quicker to get your game, and quicker to get your money. Right now they're small changes, but much bigger ideas are in the works!

I just sold my The Saboteur on there. I also wanted to add that I brought Chaos Theory from there and I came on time.

[quote name='Cagney&Lacey']Hey CAGs. Just wanted to jump in, if that's okay. As mentioned above, we do track sellers and buyers internally, though it's tied to a unique user ID that we have. Deadbeat sellers get suspended from Glyde as soon as they get flagged.

We're also implementing changes to make the whole buying and selling cycle quicker for everyone. Quicker to get your mailer, quicker to get your game, and quicker to get your money. Right now they're small changes, but much bigger ideas are in the works![/QUOTE]

\\:D/ Sounds good.

[quote name='dannyox718']Just a heads up/reminder for buyers - use these coupon codes (works for me)

for games under $30: dtaker3 ($3 off)
for games over $30: cwin10 (10% off)

That's really pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure those r for first time users only

[quote name='PilarVIRUS']I just sold my The Saboteur on there. I also wanted to add that I brought Chaos Theory from there and I came on time.[/QUOTE]

what you do on your own time is none of our business

[quote name='jaydepps']Quick question and I apologize if it has already been answered, but what is the usual turn around on sales through Glyde? If I were to sell a game, I'd have to wait for the mailer, then ship the mailer, wait for them to confirm, and then wait for payment? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I live in Ohio, I have sold 8 games and all have been purchased and money received within 7-10 days.

Despite some of the stories about the quality of games received, I placed an order for an 'excellent' Uncharted 1. At $14.50 shipped it's the cheapest price I've found. Hopefully the game really is in excellent condition. I should be getting it by the 18th.

Thanks for the $3 off coupon btw.

I sold two games Yakuza 1 and 2. Bought two games Gears of War 1 and 2 for less than $10 combined after shipping. Both were in the exact condition mentioned. Pretty satisfied.

Well I am guessing I am going to have my first bad experience on Glyde. Just ordered NBA Live 10 for $0.50, with shipping it came to ~$4. Decided it was worth the risk because I would love to have the game for that little, but it seems to me there is no reason that someone would list the game for that price. Won't be too upset if it doesn't work out though, because it was my fault for ordering something probably too good to be true.

[quote name='ackbar7']Well I am guessing I am going to have my first bad experience on Glyde. Just ordered NBA Live 10 for $0.50, with shipping it came to ~$4. Decided it was worth the risk because I would love to have the game for that little, but it seems to me there is no reason that someone would list the game for that price. Won't be too upset if it doesn't work out though, because it was my fault for ordering something probably too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

Damn, lol... let us know how that goes.

I remember reading some complaints that the mailers had the name/platform of the game printed on the outside, making them easy targets for theft. Well, it looks like Glyde has fixed that problem. I just got a mailer today (as a seller) that has the name of the game on the OUTER mailer, instead of the one that gets sent to the buyer. So.. good for them! Looks like they're listening.

My stuff for sale on Glyde:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (PSP) - $30.00 (Excellent condition)
Medal of Honor: Heroes (PSP) - $5.75 (Excellent condition)
NBA Street Homecourt (360) - $3.75 (Excellent condition)
NFL Street 2 Unleashed (PSP) - $4.50 (Excellent condition)
NCAA Football 2007 (PSP) - $5.25 (Excellent condition)
NBA Live 07 (PSP) - $3.25 (Excellent condition)
Madden 07 (PSP) - $2.25 (Excellent condition)
Burnout Legends (PSP) - $9.25 (Excellent condition)
TNA Impact (360) - $3.25 (Excellent condition)

Sold a coupl more games in the last few days. I really love the no-hassle system Glyde has worked out. I also picked up an Excellent copy of Rogue Leader 2 for the cube since I've never played it but always heard good things.

God, I love Amazon... came in 3 days flat, no hassle no trouble for $2 more than my order/issue with Glyde. Maybe I'll give Glyde another go in the future...

I need help i Ordered Final Fantasy 13 for $27 on 5/6 its been 5 days and still the tracking info hasn't changed. Did the mailer get lost or what. and if it did what will happen then.

[quote name='LifelessHaseo']I need help i Ordered Final Fantasy 13 for $27 on 5/6 its been 5 days and still the tracking info hasn't changed. Did the mailer get lost or what. and if it did what will happen then.[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me... except, I never got my order until I emailed Glyde 2 weeks after the ETA since they told me it usually takes 7-14 days to receive your game. They ended up refunding me because the seller did not follow through to ship it. Hope this doesn't happen to you, good luck.

I'm still waiting on my copy of MAG to come in today. The tracking number hasn't changed since I first got it.

I wish it would show where it's coming from. It would be better if we knew who it was coming from so we could contact them directly. So much hassle.

[quote name='LifelessHaseo']I need help i Ordered Final Fantasy 13 for $27 on 5/6 its been 5 days and still the tracking info hasn't changed. Did the mailer get lost or what. and if it did what will happen then.[/QUOTE]

The tracking information isn't going to change until the seller ships the game out. Seeing as you bought it on the 6th, the mailer might not have even gotten to the seller, yet, depending on where they are located.

Looks like I'm about to have my first bad experience. Bought Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 5 a few weeks ago and it was supposed to ship today but the tracker hasn't updated at all. Already contacted Glyde and they said they were going to e-mail the seller and if they don't hear a response in 48 hours they'll close it out and refund my money. Kinda sucks, but not a huge deal to me. I've had 20+ other positive experiences, so my opinion of Glyde doesn't change.

sold pogo island for the DS for little less then 25 after all fees. once again game only goes for 10 on gamestop so sort of worried again

OK, after my first bad experience... decided to give it another go especially since they gave me a $3 off coupon code and my refund (which I haven't received yet). I'll let you guys know how it turns out... good luck to all of you waiting on your games. Trust me... I know how it feels... fuck!

I must say, the turnaround time for receiving the latest batch of mailers to send games out in came much quicker. I was able to put send those out today, so I'm hoping they get to their destination soon, I could use the monies!

[quote name='Jintty']Anybody tried withdrawing money? Is it safe providing the bank account #?[/QUOTE]

I withdrew on Monday, had the money in my account today. No problems at all.

[quote name='United_Korea']Has anyone purchased used DS games? I'm afraid I'll receive bootlegs.[/QUOTE]

I've bought 2: Trauma Center - Under the Knife and Chrono Trigger. Both were legit.

[quote name='Jintty']Anybody tried withdrawing money? Is it safe providing the bank account #?[/QUOTE]

if you got a lot of cash (more then 50) i would say request a check and just pay the 2 bucks... i wont give them my bank info... remember once you give someone your bank info to put money in they can also take money out

[quote name='slidecage']if you got a lot of cash (more then 50) i would say request a check and just pay the 2 bucks... i wont give them my bank info... remember once you give someone your bank info to put money in they can also take money out[/QUOTE]

I severely doubt Glyde is going to steal money from you. I'd be more concerned with information that is stored on their site getting swiped.

So I got an email from glyde today saying 6 of my items are "above market price" but I checked and...every single one of them is the only one for sale on the site at that condition, and in most cases, the only one for sale on the site. When I put them up, they were at or below the current market price at the time. What gives?

[quote name='slidecage']if you got a lot of cash (more then 50) i would say request a check and just pay the 2 bucks... i wont give them my bank info... remember once you give someone your bank info to put money in they can also take money out[/QUOTE]
Just use a proxy bank or separate account at your main bank.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I severely doubt Glyde is going to steal money from you. I'd be more concerned with information that is stored on their site getting swiped.[/QUOTE]

yea that is what i mostly mean... i doubt the company would #$#$# you over but you never know who can hack into their sites

I might be stupid :) but i still dont see how they make any money

Sold a game..
Mailer cost 1.25
Fees 2.90

They have to have one hell of a deal with the post office or something cause it would cost me at least 5 bucks to send out 2 flyers (one to get to the seller and then the other for the seller to send the game in)

When i go into the post office it cost me almost 2.50 to ship 1 game

Well they charge 3.81 for shipping from the buyer, and they get you to pay 1.25 for the mailer. That's 5.06 right there.

If you use paypal shipping it cost 2.20-2.50 depending on the weight of the game you ship (assuming you send first class). The mailer probably cost about 25 cents or even less since they buy them in bulk. It also cost a ~1 dollar (large envelope 1-2 oz via 1st class) to ship the envelope with the mailer to you. That means, it cost them 3.75 to come up with a mailer and shipping label to you, while they get 5.06 per transaction from the buyer and seller, 1.25 profit to them before you calculate the 10% fees.

This is why they can afford to give out the coupons and lose their 10% cut to increase volume, as they still make money on just shipping costs.

[quote name='xboxsox']Well they charge 3.81 for shipping from the buyer, and they get you to pay 1.25 for the mailer. That's 5.06 right there.

If you use paypal shipping it cost 2.20-2.50 depending on the weight of the game you ship (assuming you send first class). The mailer probably cost about 25 cents or even less since they buy them in bulk. It also cost a ~1 dollar (large envelope 1-2 oz via 1st class) to ship the envelope with the mailer to you. That means, it cost them 3.75 to come up with a mailer and shipping label to you, while they get 5.06 per transaction from the buyer and seller, 1.25 profit to them before you calculate the 10% fees.

This is why they can afford to give out the coupons and lose their 10% cut to increase volume, as they still make money on just shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

forgot they charge 3 bucks to ship it to the seller as well..

guess that is alot of cash for someone to just put up a 3rd party site.... 3 buck per game say they sell 10 games per day..

30 per day that be 900 bucks profit a month and nothing to lose ..... shocked there isnt more of these sites

cant remember the last time i seen a working coupon.

Yeah, it's a great business model since they have no liability at all.

I think the main problem is reputation for starting one of these sites. I saw the glyde for a while, but didn't start buying/selling games from them until recently. It was until I saw a ton of positive responses, that I trusted the site.

Hey I purchased on Glyde today and picked up heavy rain for $30. I'll let you knw what "exellent" condition means to GLYDE.

Just bought Prince of Persia, labeled as excellent condition. Will see how it goes, have been hoping to use glyde for a while and just found the opportunity.

Not sure if the mods or whatever want to close this and open a new one, but as the OP of this thread, I just don't even game anymore after going through my divorce- and honestly do not even check CAG. Someone else can take over somehow anytime. Thanks, Coper

[quote name='Coper3000']Not sure if the mods or whatever want to close this and open a new one, but as the OP of this thread, I just don't even game anymore after going through my divorce- and honestly do not even check CAG. Someone else can take over somehow anytime. Thanks, Coper[/QUOTE]

I'm not being facetious, I promise you, but man, that was sort of a sad explanation. :whistle2:(

[quote name='jebnaut']I'm not being facetious, I promise you, but man, that was sort of a sad explanation. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
That IS really sad. Sorry to hear that.

I just put up 2 games for sale on Glyde, first time ever visiting the site let alone posting something for sale. Stupid question, but do they have a service charge for transferring funds to Paypal? I am pretty sure paypal can do a deposit for me to my account free of charge.

Another first for me, I traded in some games at Gamestop today and finally bought an Edge card. Now I can get my additional 10% off used online purchases through GS. They are the reason I went to glyde to sell some of my games, really really low trade value on some good games like Red Dead Revolver and Lost Planet Extreme Condition. They wanted to give me less than 4 for the both combined with bonus edge card. :p Nuts to that!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, but what did you expect to get form GS for ancient games like Red Dead Revolver and Lost Planet? GS sells them used for like $10.[/QUOTE]

Honestly? I was expecting 4 dollars each, not 4 for the both. And only that much because both have a sequel that came out or is coming this month. I figured there would be higher demand for the originals as a result. I saw that red dead is only getting 4.99 online at GS, but is out of stock. Kind of explains it. Edit: And yes this is pretty much the first time I have traded in any games, had no idea the values were so far under what they charge for people to purchase them. It was a great learning experience if nothing else.

bread's done
Back