Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, tracking information is not accurate as they don't really update it often. Usual shipping time to receive your package is anywhere from 7-14 days. If it's been more than 14 days, I would email Glyde, and usually the case is that the seller did not pull through with the sale. It does get annoying after a while, but most of the time transactions are fairly smooth.

[quote name='fldash']How quick do things sell on here? I'm going to try it. I have a sealed copy of Uncharted I'd like to get rid of...[/QUOTE]
Like others have likely said, it will depend on the popularity of the product and the price.

Unpopular items aren't going to sell. I've seen the same game at the same price for a month now. Either there's a LOT of sellers (and I've checked by going through the process to sell a copy.. there's only 1 seller) or there's no interest in the game.

[quote name='fldash']I put Uncharted 2 (new) up on there, but I doubt it sells. Market price was $42 or so, but I said I'd take $41. Price on eBay is cheaper, about $35 or so... Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I sold it for $42 just a few days ago :) . I still have to receive the mailer to ship it.

[quote name='SniperREX']I sold it for $42 just a few days ago :) . I still have to receive the mailer to ship it.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I'm first in line atm. I noticed Gamestop.com is still selling it for $59.99.

Well it's the 25th. My game was supposed to be here 2 days ago. Turns out the guy never shipped it. He had the mailer for 10 days and never shipped the thing... wtf? So I contacted Glyde and they said they talked with him and he would ship it, but USPS still says only "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved" and I also asked them to verify that the game was being sent with both discs (I ordered Halo 3: ODST, comes with Campaign disc and multiplayer disc) and they have been avoiding my questions on it. I told them that the product is not the full product if it doesn't come with both discs and they replyed saying that they did research on it and that yes Halo 3: ODST is a two disc set and that the multiplayer disc is a version of Halo 3. They still won't tell me if I'm getting both f#%$ing discs. Last I heard is that the seller was only going to ship the campaign disc. I don't even know anymore... first experience with Glyde has sucked major arse so far...

Just talked with a customer service representative and he said my game should be coming with both discs, replyed asking if there was confirmation of the seller shipping yet.

I don't see how you expect glyde to check for both discs. It's just like buying anywhere else. Blame your bad seller for everything. If you get it incomplete, complain and you'll get your money back. And if you don't like the possibilities of delayed shipping times, ebay or goozex may be better sites for you.

Damnit man, give it a break. This isn't CAGBLOG.com. We get it, you feel the need to update us on every step of the way. It'll be alright, they aren't going to screw you out of your money.

Quit acting like a newb.

[quote name='Enokia']Just talked with a customer service representative and he said my game should be coming with both discs, replyed asking if there was confirmation of the seller shipping yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Damnit man, give it a break. This isn't CAGBLOG.com. We get it, you feel the need to update us on every step of the way. It'll be alright, they aren't going to screw you out of your money.

Quit acting like a newb.[/QUOTE]
At the same time, don't leave us hanging without the happy ending!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Damnit man, give it a break. This isn't CAGBLOG.com. We get it, you feel the need to update us on every step of the way. It'll be alright, they aren't going to screw you out of your money.

Quit acting like a newb.[/QUOTE]

Let him update it however he wants, and if you don't wanna read it, gtfo.

Some orders take longer than others, but overall, I love glyde. I picked up some pretty decent xbox original games and some used books for dirt cheap. Too bad I didn't bite at KOTOR II in excellent condition for 20ish bucks after shipping when I had a chance (damn that game seems rare and expensive after doing further research)

I'm kind of unhappy about the way the selling part works. They make you wait until the other person receives it to pay it out.. unlike ebay where it's paid for before it's shipped. That blows cause if the other person takes their sweet ass time updating that they got it, your money sits there in limbo.

[quote name='xilly']I'm kind of unhappy about the way the selling part works. They make you wait until the other person receives it to pay it out.. unlike ebay where it's paid for before it's shipped. That blows cause if the other person takes their sweet ass time updating that they got it, your money sits there in limbo.[/QUOTE]

The person gets 2 days from when USPS delivers it to say whether or not it was what they bought and in the right condition before it automatically pays the seller.

Is that really that long of a time?

I bought a game (from goHastings) that came with no instruction booklet and an artwork insert that looked like it got wet at some point. However, the disc is in acceptable condition and works fine. Would this sell without issue as "Good" on Glyde?

I'm not that fond of Glyde as a seller at this point. On two different occasions now I have had Glyde sell two copies of a game that I had listed and then they charge me $1.25 when I have them cancel the one that I didn't list. The selling process isn't that good, as sometimes I get multiple envelopes in the mail from them and don't really know which one is for what game. They need to include a packing slip or something at a minimum to limit the errors. You can't develop any type of reputation as a seller since the queue is setup like it is so it doesn't matter if you work your butt off or slack because it's not going to impact your standing. You are more of a trader than a seller, ala Goozex.

There is not enough transparency in the model for Glyde either. Some of the stuff they do doesn't make sense and there is no explanation for it.

[quote name='converse']I'm not that fond of Glyde as a seller at this point. On two different occasions now I have had Glyde sell two copies of a game that I had listed and then they charge me $1.25 when I have them cancel the one that I didn't list. The selling process isn't that good, as sometimes I get multiple envelopes in the mail from them and don't really know which one is for what game. They need to include a packing slip or something at a minimum to limit the errors. You can't develop any type of reputation as a seller since the queue is setup like it is so it doesn't matter if you work your butt off or slack because it's not going to impact your standing. You are more of a trader than a seller, ala Goozex.

There is not enough transparency in the model for Glyde either. Some of the stuff they do doesn't make sense and there is no explanation for it.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like what you want is ebay, only they then ship an envelope and have someone show up to package the games for you. Mostly it seems like your problem is that you aren't paying attention to what you are doing, both when you list things and then when the envelopes show up.

[quote name='converse']The selling process isn't that good, as sometimes I get multiple envelopes in the mail from them and don't really know which one is for what game. They need to include a packing slip or something at a minimum to limit the errors. [/QUOTE]

Does it not say on the front of the envelope what game it is for?

My Glyde bubble mailer says the game (from when I bought something).

I don't have an envelope to check, but I didn't know the title of the game was listed on there, so that is helpful information.

I agree, I am more of a fan of open merchant sites, but Glyde just hasn't been that useful. I've been able to unload a number of things for better prices than eBay or Amazon, so it's just a matter of working the system to your benefit where you can. I still think it's poorly run from my experience so far.

well the 3 ds games i got for 4 bucks + shipping all timed out yet they all just popped up today for twice as much (wasnt listed last night)

talk about bait and switch

I say you dont send out a game your account is BLOCKED for 14 days
2nd time your banned

Just bit the bullet on Glyde for a book for the first time. It arrived within a week. Gonna try to pick up a 360 game in the future and see how that goes. My first experience was great!

[quote name='slidecage']well the 3 ds games i got for 4 bucks + shipping all timed out yet they all just popped up today for twice as much (wasnt listed last night)

talk about bait and switch

I say you dont send out a game your account is BLOCKED for 14 days
2nd time your banned[/QUOTE]
Or, you can't re-list those items for three months--to deter that shit from happening. That sucks, man.

That's like one time I won an auction on eBay. The seller realized he could have gotten a lot more for an item, and so he didn't honor the transaction, only to re-list the item for the standard shitty price.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Anyone else having problems with 5GLYDE working?[/QUOTE]
It's a first-time purchase code, if that helps.

[quote name='sadboy']It's a first-time purchase code, if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Whaa? The OP needs to change it then as it currently says returning customers:bomb:

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Whaa? The OP needs to change it then as it currently says returning customers:bomb:[/QUOTE]
You know, I'm not sure what the requirement is anymore.

[quote name='david12795']i was referred to here. anybody want to describe their experience selling their games there?[/QUOTE]

I've sold 3 games so far with no issues. Process takes a little longer than I would like but its worked out so far.

[quote name='Toohumanlive']I've sold 3 games so far with no issues. Process takes a little longer than I would like but its worked out so far.[/QUOTE]

i heard it beats amazon's and ebay's fees. so i might resort to this.

I bought a copy of Bad Company 2 for the Xbox 360, for $32.86, on Friday July 9, 2010. The ETA of the game is the week of July 19, 2010. It was listed as Good condition (I think) which is fine because I already bought the game with the case and all that jazz so I really don't need that stuff.

Recently my Xbox got really mad at me, and jumped off the stand, and it scratched the hell out of the disc. I received a new 360 from my lovely clan, and I needed to replace the game, so I went here and there and finally found Glyde for the cheapest price. I have not got it in yet, and I am not all that worried either.

I ordered it Friday night, and they can't ship out the pre-stamped envelope thing over the weekend at all including Saturdays, which is fine for me because I am not in a big rush. So I will pretend that the service actually started Monday, and we will see from there. I will update immediately when I receive it.

[quote name='Firedog150']I bought a copy of Bad Company 2 for the Xbox 360, for $32.86, on Friday July 9, 2010. The ETA of the game is the week of July 19, 2010. It was listed as Good condition (I think) which is fine because I already bought the game with the case and all that jazz so I really don't need that stuff.

Recently my Xbox got really mad at me, and jumped off the stand, and it scratched the hell out of the disc. I received a new 360 from my lovely clan, and I needed to replace the game, so I went here and there and finally found Glyde for the cheapest price. I have not got it in yet, and I am not all that worried either.

I ordered it Friday night, and they can't ship out the pre-stamped envelope thing over the weekend at all including Saturdays, which is fine for me because I am not in a big rush. So I will pretend that the service actually started Monday, and we will see from there. I will update immediately when I receive it.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry; it'll show. I believe Glyde takes full responsibility of orders not fulfilled and/or lost in the mail.

I've been using Glyde for a while now and I must say it's my favorite place to get games right now. Someone put up timeshift cheap XD

[quote name='david12795']i was referred to here. anybody want to describe their experience selling their games there?[/QUOTE]

I've sold around 6-7 and purchased 2 without any issues.

Does anyone know of any new codes (NOT first time purchase codes)? There is a lot on there I would buy with a $3 or $5 off code.

[quote name='life.exe']I've sold around 6-7 and purchased 2 without any issues.

Does anyone know of any new codes (NOT first time purchase codes)? There is a lot on there I would buy with a $3 or $5 off code.[/QUOTE]

so would you say its better to sell my games on glyde or amazon/ebay?

I price and sold at least 3 games from Glyde.com. Its easy to use and the prices are great compare to other websites. The only problems I was a billing problem but that was solve in 5 minutes and one of the sale pulled out of a transaction (but that was the seller's fault). Only thing you need is an account, a debit/credit card (Greendot card for me) and wait for your game to come. :D

Its a great place to buy games that you would only play once, as you can resell them on the site and get most of your money back.

Ive bought and sold at least 10 games/dvd's so far and everything has worked out great. Very awesome site.

eBay + Paypal fees are generally more than Glyde's 10% plus $1.00 - $1.75 for the mailer. However, craigslist still gives you the best bang for your buck, or selling on CAG.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Don't worry; it'll show. I believe Glyde takes full responsibility of orders not fulfilled and/or lost in the mail.[/QUOTE]

You are right, I received it today, July 19, 2010. A day before intended arrival. It is in the condition that I bought it in, good. It has some writing on the front of the disc, but the manual case, and in good shape. I am testing it out now if every feature of the disc works, game-types, classes, etc.

I bought a game at the end of last month and after waiting patiently (I'd bought from glyde before) I emailed them for a status update. It turned out the seller did not ship the game, they refunded my trade credit without issue, and even gave me a nice coupon code for my next order. i've bought and sold from them and they are a really classy operation. So far I have nothing but good things to say!

I'm concerned that if the post office loses my game, I essentially eat the loss (I guess its shared between buyer and seller). Thats OK for low value games, but I'd tend to put a small amount of insurance on games that are worth more...and evidently thats not an option. So they can tell you sent it, but if something happens from there you are out of luck.

Thats just my interpretation from the website documents.

Well I ordered a few PS3 games on Friday and Saturday we will see how it goes. Dante's Inferno for 17+ shipping and Heavy Rain for 27+ shipping total of 50 and change not bad if they both arrive in exellent condition as stated.

Both my games arrived today exactly one week after order, not bad at all in perfect condition as stated very happy with the deal. Getting Heavy Rain for 30.47 and Dante's Inferno for 20.47 shipped is a pretty amazing deal in new like condition. None of the Extra's came with DI but for 20 I'm glad it came in a perfect box no scratches or other issues. I will use Glyde again for sure.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Anyone else having problems with 5GLYDE working?[/QUOTE]
Just a few minutes ago, I successfully used coupon code: GLYDE5 (5% off)

This was not my first purchase on Glyde.com.

bread's done
Back