Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my order today (one day early). I guess you're really chancing it when you select what condition you want the game in because 'Excellent' apparently means scratched to hell. I was still able to install it, and it works perfectly so far, so I'm happy.

Glyde is making me mad.

I bought inFamous in Excellent condition from them for my first game. Came as expected. I just re-sold it on there as Excellent. The person is returning it say that the condition was now how it was described. I am mad. I emailed Glyde and they have not responded or anything. I will be taking a video of me opening it to show them that everything is present and in excellent condition. I told them that if the guy did not want the game, he should have not bought it in the first place because everything was as described and it is not fair to make me pay for the return.

[quote name='Goatbuster']Got my order today (one day early). I guess you're really chancing it when you select what condition you want the game in because 'Excellent' apparently means scratched to hell. I was still able to install it, and it works perfectly so far, so I'm happy.[/QUOTE]
I've made 5 purchases of OG Xbox titles in 'Excellent' condition and, fortunately, they have been in excellent condition. However, what you mention is what still is a fear for me: people taking advantage of the system. It's why I don't buy on Ebay from 'Power Sellers'. It's why I don't use Goozex anymore. It's why I don't buy Used from Hastings or Gamestop unless there's absolutely no alternative.

Unfortunately, game condition is generally too subjective to enforce. They've done a pretty good job in their descriptions, but how do they enforce it, especially when returns are a cost and inconvenience for everyone involved?

[quote name='converse']Seems like all of the promo codes have expired because I can't find anything better than a 5% off code to use. If I could knock $3 off an order I'd be buying some stuff from Glyde...[/QUOTE]

dtaker3 will take off $3 no problem. Try that.

Just bought The Godfather II from Glyde. Came out to around $8.81 with the $2 off coupon. We'll see if I'm impressed :)

I sold ACII, received a $13.xx credit and turned around and bought Gears of War 2 for $10.56 (using dtaker3 to essentially take away the shipping).

Assuming the turnaround time goes OK...I will be pretty happy with this deal.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']dtaker3 will take off $3 no problem. Try that.[/QUOTE]
Says invalid code when I enter it...still wanting to grab something but won't do it without at least $2 off.

They really need to fix the bugs in their coupon system.

I entered a one-use, $3 off coupon, but didn't go through with placing the order at the moment.

Later that day I went to complete the transaction and when I tried enter the coupon code again, it now said "Invalid Coupon Code". Likely it registered that I used it already even though I never placed the original order.

Other than that, pretty happy with Glyde so far. Haven't bought anything due to the coupon code glitch, but sold 8 or 9 games and have had good customer service from Glyde when there was an issue with USPS.

[quote name='mailman27']Well, I've had 19 good transactions with Glyde but I'm having my 1st iffy experience. I sold a sealed copy of GTA:LCS for PSP and it made it all the way to the destination in TX and was sent out for delivery on July 30th but the damn USPS never updated it after that to show if it was delivered or if it "fell off the truck". So now I'm stuck in limbo waiting for resolution. I emailed Glyde Customer Service yesterday, but as of right now I have still not heard back from them. Here's hoping I don't get stuck losing out on 50% of the proceeds from my sale.[/QUOTE]

After hearing from Glyde CS and them telling me it would be credited to my account in 48 hrs, I waited patiently but the credit never appeared. Emailed them yesterday and they immediately credited my account and comped my next two mailers. Overall, a pretty positive experience and they did mention they are in the process of upgrading to a more robust customer service system.

So I placed 6 orders for 6 dvds on July 31st. All said theyd have an ETA of August 10th. I have recieved 5 of them, all of which came before their ETAs. Tracking for the 6th dvd says they recieved confirmation from the seller on August 2nd that the item would be mailed. Whats the longest someone has waited on a package from Glyde?

I've had to wait about 3 weeks before. I've also been on the other side of the scenario where I had to have a guy wait about 18 days. Sometimes the Glyde mailer never arrives right away. For example one of my mailers for an item I sold should hae arrived August 2nd. I waited till August 8th and it never arrived. So I contacted Glyde and they sent a second mailer. The second mailer arrived about 4 days ago and the original mailer arrived today. Not sure why it does this, but it has happened 3 times in my almost 30 trades.

Well as for buying with glyde.com I havent done so, but I do sell on glyde.com and its hassle free so far. Ive been selling my games, blu-rays and dvds. I now prefer Glyde.com as my primary source for selling my stuff, ebay I have much hate for you (they screwed up my business, but life goes on). Anyways as for shipping delays for some orders its because glyde.com is sending the seller the flyer and then the sender ships it out, otherwise be patient ppl, your order is on its way!

[quote name='mrgamer']Well as for buying with glyde.com I havent done so, but I do sell on glyde.com and its hassle free so far. Ive been selling my games, blu-rays and dvds. I now prefer Glyde.com as my primary source for selling my stuff, ebay I have much hate for you (they screwed up my business, but life goes on). Anyways as for shipping delays for some orders its because glyde.com is sending the seller the flyer and then the sender ships it out, otherwise be patient ppl, your order is on its way![/QUOTE]

pretty sure the dealer got the flyer. My tracking number says the seller contatacted on August 2nd. I'll give this til the end of the week but if I still dont have my package Ill have to contact them. My check still hasnt cleared. Not thats I'm complaining. Guess all the stuff I ordered is free for now. I have another dvd thats set to arrive on the 25th. If that comes before the one that was supposed to be here on the 10th................yah something is up.

Glyde got back to me about the buyer doing a return of my item.

"After a discussion with the buyer, it appears the game does not meet his criteria for 'Excellent'. As such, we will be happy to refund your mailer fee and return shipping once we see he has placed your item in the mail."

At least Glyde is refunding my fee's for the return. I am almost positive he is playing it now and just returning it since he hasnt even put the item in the mail yet.

[quote name='Morphx2']Glyde got back to me about the buyer doing a return of my item.

"After a discussion with the buyer, it appears the game does not meet his criteria for 'Excellent'. As such, we will be happy to refund your mailer fee and return shipping once we see he has placed your item in the mail."

At least Glyde is refunding my fee's for the return. I am almost positive he is playing it now and just returning it since he hasnt even put the item in the mail yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hope they flag buyers accounts for activities like this.

I am little blown over the cost of Dante's Inferno. I paid $23 dollars because of shipping. Oh well, I think it is still cheap plus right now, I have so many PS3 games I need to play right now. I am currently playing rpgs and they take a good deal of time.

I really like Glyde. I've sold a ton of videogames with no problems. Bought a few items also, including DVDs. Definitely a lot easier to use than Ebay or Amazon.

Is 19 bucks not including shipping a good deal for Darksiders? I'm putting it up for sale on Glyde but that seems a bit too high to me for some reason.

I like Glyde alot. The only thing I kind of dislike is that it seems like it's a system that's very easy to scam. Since all you need is an email address, a person could easily try to force the market value of a game they want to buy down by creating fake sales at a lower price until eventually one of their competitor's lowers the price to compete.

Other than that I've done about 10 sales and 5 buys, all of them have been excellent. With the exception for one game which was White Knight Chronicles. It had nothing to do with the selling or the condition of the game, it was the fact that the game sucked balls and afterwards I couldn't even sell it back on Glyde for half the price I paid. I ended up pawning it off at Gamestop for $12.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']Is 19 bucks not including shipping a good deal for Darksiders? I'm putting it up for sale on Glyde but that seems a bit too high to me for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Gamestop was selling it a couple weeks ago for around $20'ish.

Glyde doesn't exactly follow sales of B&M stores. They also don't always have the best deals, sometimes I can find better sales on Ebay.

I was able to buy 3 brand new games from Gamestop after one of their big sales for around $30'ish per game, I ended up flipping them on Glyde for $40-45 each. You can definitely make money off the site. But personally I've switched over to Craigslist, I find I can just swap people for games I want or sell them for a reasonable price. I a sealed copy of 3D Dot Heroes for $25 months ago, I traded it for FFXIII, then after I beat FFXIII I traded it for Uncharted II and then God of War III. Pretty good investment.

Had to cancel my order for the 6th dvd. Seller wouldnt get back with Glyde when contacted. Ending up ordering Alpha Protocol for the 360 in its place. Was like $22 after shipping.

Also received Sopranos season 4 which I bought with a description of Great and it came as disc only. Pretty pissed off. I want to ship it back and reorder thru a seller selling one in excellent condition for a couple bucks more. $18.xx is way too much for the condition I received this in. I contacted Glyde about it. Hope they can give me a coupon or something for the trouble.

I've purchased from Glyde in the past without issue, but lately they have been giving me headaches. I tried to buy a $10 game from them, and after the transaction they sent me an email telling me that my card has been declined. I checked to make sure my card information was correct in the Glyde site, it was. I called my credit card company, and everything is peachy there too. Except that Glyde has actually charged me for the transaction, but is not sending the product.

I've contacted the company twice about this without a response, today I sent my third email.

I would not recommend doing business with Glyde at the moment.

Bah. I ordered a copy of Dead Rising which was supposed to be "excellent" and it looked like it was put through a grinder. Someone was skidding it all over a hard-floor. I've never seen a disc that scratched before. Unacceptable.

I'm rather pissed at glyde at the moment. They never sent me an envelope for a game I sold. After a week passed, I emailed them with the concern. Two days later, they didn't respond to that, but they sent me this email basically saying "why the hell haven't you sent the game? We're going to charge you a fee and mark this on your record if you don't send this out in the next day or so".

What the hell, seriously, what the hell. So I responded and told them what I told them two days ago, and that I told them two days ago, so they better as fuck NOT charge me, since if they didn't send me the envelope, it's not my fault, I don't even have the address of the guy to send it on my own if I wanted to.

[quote name='sadboy']^Can they confirm whether or not they've sent it?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on their reply. I explicitly asked if they could confirm that they'd sent it, and also what address they sent it to. I changed my address almost 2 months ago, but that shouldn't be an issue, as I sold another game after that and the envelope DID come to the correct address. So there's no reason it should've worked then but not now.

Edit: Well, they may not be completely unreasonable. After I responded to their threatening email, they said they'd send a new mailer kit out. Amusingly enough, there was a glyde envelope in my mailbox when I got home...for another game someone bought a couple days ago.

i received a glyde envelope while i was out of town, and thus took two days to ship it out instead of the "within 24 hours". am i screwed?

[quote name='United_Korea']i received a glyde envelope while i was out of town, and thus took two days to ship it out instead of the "within 24 hours". am i screwed?[/QUOTE]

no. youll just upset the buyer. Whoever the buyer is just simply waits longer.

[quote name='Crony']Bah, ordered Modnation Racers at the beginning of the month and the seller still hasn't shipped it.[/QUOTE]

You can't always blame it on the seller. One time I didn't get the envelope to send the game out in 2 weeks after the purchase. However, Glyde is growing quite fast and they need to grow on the inside (add personal) and make tweaks to their system as well.

I've sold about 20 things on Glyde the past couple of months and I can vouch that it's a much friendlier experience to the seller than the buyer, which is pretty backwards. I decided to try my first experience as a buyer and the guy sent me a game that was in worse condition than it was listed. When I complained to Glyde they would do nothing and said if I wanted a refund I had to pay $5 in shipping to cover getting it back to the seller. They wouldn't even refund me the difference in quality, and I got one of the better customer service guys too. Seems like if the seller sends something with poor quality that they should be responsible, but instead Glyde shares the responsibility with the buyer. Most people wouldn't want to bother with the added cost and they'll just accept the quality they received. There is no accountability for it either as Glyde doesn't use any type of quality ratings or option on who you buy the games from, so you could get stuck with a bum like I did or someone who always does things by the book like me.

Moral of the story, don't buy from Glyde unless you can rely on the person selling. There is no system to build reliability in the sellers. By all means don't let it detour you because you'll end up with a good seller like me sometimes too.

I submitted the suggestion to them to do a Goozex style feedback/rating system. If the seller and buyer are matched up and accept the terms it allows for a reputation for both to be established. There are a lot of ways to take advantage of Glyde that I won't go into here but I did in my email. Both the buyer and seller can be easily screwed in the way they have it setup, so they need some kind of system to give credibility to people using their site and punish people who abuse it.

[quote name='maddog66']You can't always blame it on the seller. One time I didn't get the envelope to send the game out in 2 weeks after the purchase. However, Glyde is growing quite fast and they need to grow on the inside (add personal) and make tweaks to their system as well.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I can in this case :cry: Glyde contacted the seller and they indicated that they're unable to send the game. I'm sure Glyde is a great service and works for a lot of people, but this has turned me off from it. Waiting a week and a half for a game only to have it end in disappointment.

I've sold about 35 games on there, and I still haven't had an issue (knox on wood). I do wish they would start thinking about making some changes though. They clearly need to start a seller/buyer rating system. The other thing I wish they would do is to allow people who are frequent sellers (at the very least) to buy packs of 5 or 10 envelopes at a time. Then when I sell a game, they can reimburse me what I paid for the envelope. Also, when they email me to let me know I've sold a game, they could then include a link to print out a shipping label. That way you could cut about 4 to 5 days out of the wait on average. It would be much more buyer friendly, and it would make things easier on me when I sell something while getting the money for the sell quicker.

[quote name='GibbGA']I've sold about 35 games on there, and I still haven't had an issue (knox on wood). I do wish they would start thinking about making some changes though. They clearly need to start a seller/buyer rating system. The other thing I wish they would do is to allow people who are frequent sellers (at the very least) to buy packs of 5 or 10 envelopes at a time. Then when I sell a game, they can reimburse me what I paid for the envelope. Also, when they email me to let me know I've sold a game, they could then include a link to print out a shipping label. That way you could cut about 4 to 5 days out of the wait on average. It would be much more buyer friendly, and it would make things easier on me when I sell something while getting the money for the sell quicker.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestions :)!!!

[quote name='SniperREX']Good suggestions :)!!![/QUOTE]

See, we have to take these good ideas and all email Glyde with them. If we respond in numbers they are more likely to listen.

[quote name='converse']See, we have to take these good ideas and all email Glyde with them. If we respond in numbers they are more likely to listen.[/QUOTE]

I just did :)

While I didn't buy a game via Glyde, I did recently order the 3.5 edtion PHB for D&D, used, noted with visible wear, but binding not broken. Got what they claimed, arrived a week earlier than they stated it would. All in all, I had a good experience. Hopefully they'll get some of the kinks worked out that other folks seem to be experiencing.

Hey CAGs. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. (I work for Glyde and have pop'd into this thread from time to time.) Please do feel free to email us with more. (service-at-glyde.com) Really. We read every single one.

Also, I just wanted to mention that we actually do track sellers and buyers internally and give deadbeat sellers the boot as soon as they get flagged. We've made changes recently to make this more effective too.

We've also got some big ideas and small tweaks in mind to shorten the wait time for both sides of the transaction.

In the meantime, thanks again and we always look forward to hearing from you.

[quote name='Wagg']Bah. I ordered a copy of Dead Rising which was supposed to be "excellent" and it looked like it was put through a grinder. Someone was skidding it all over a hard-floor. I've never seen a disc that scratched before. Unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

Granted I wouldn't list that as excellent but are you sure it just wasn't a resurfaced game? Sure when you have a professional machine do it they look all shiny again but I bought a $20 resurfacer from monoprice and it makes the disks look ugly as hell but I'll be damned if they don't all work after going through it.

bread's done
Back