Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maddog66']The code is great and all, but there aren't that many games that are $40 on the site.[/QUOTE]

I can mark one of mine up to $40 if you tell me what you want. :lol:

[quote name='GibbGA']I can mark one of mine up to $40 if you tell me what you want. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Do you have Vampire Rain?

Can someone answer this question: How is it that say for example, Super Paper Mario (Wii) is listed as "New" for $78.75, when they cap the "sell for" price at $47? I've seen other games listed at much higher prices than one can sell, too. Anyone that can offer some insight, please do, because I am confused here.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Can someone answer this question: How is it that say for example, Super Paper Mario (Wii) is listed as "New" for $78.75, when they cap the "sell for" price at $47? I've seen other games listed at much higher prices than one can sell, too. Anyone that can offer some insight, please do, because I am confused here.[/QUOTE]

They listed this game back when it was worth more and never changed it. Glyde will recommend you change the value but not make you.

take it from me , I bought socom confrontation on glyde because all my friends were trying to get back on socom. The game was 10 bucks and came in good condition. I believe the game was used because it didnt come in plastc wrapping

[quote name='nddave']They listed this game back when it was worth more and never changed it. Glyde will recommend you change the value but not make you.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I gotcha! Thanks for the explanation man, makes sense. :)

[quote name='aihuman']New coupon code "fifteen" - good for 15% off each Glyde purchase you make. Limited time only.[/QUOTE]

Finally a coupon that works for non first-time customers :D.

i saw somethin i wanted to purchase but i wanted to use my glyde credit but i could not find a way to enter the promo code.Is it an either or situation?

[quote name='proatthis26']i saw somethin i wanted to purchase but i wanted to use my glyde credit but i could not find a way to enter the promo code.Is it an either or situation?[/QUOTE]

Just under Total, you have to click on "Have a coupon code."

[quote name='proatthis26']:cool:thanx:cool:[/QUOTE]

No problem :) . I guess they should make that option more visible . You should email Glyde about that issue ;)

I was really looking forward to trying gylde, and ordered a game earlier this week - but I immediately had to write to customer service, cancel my order, and cancel my account.

It may sound stuffy and old hat - but Glyde broke a golden rule - they REQUIRE one to have a credit card on file at all times, once you add a card to an account, there is no way to remove it short of having customer service delete you from the system.

I really like the format Glyde operates on, but this is a basic thing a customer should have control over: their means of payment. If I don't want personal information on file, I should be able to remove it. I NEED to be able to remove it, even if it cripples my account to buy or sell games until I add it again - simply having it as an option is enough, but I just can't rest easy knowing that I don't have the choice.

Hopefully they accept pre-paid cards, and at some point in the future I can pick one up from 7-11 and use that. But my main credit card? Just hanging out on the server? No thanks.

GREAT customer service though. They addressed the issue within 10 hours. Fantastic.

Yeah, I've gotta say that my overall experience with Glyde (I've ordered and sold several games using their service over the last year) has been excellent! Their customer support and the time frame in which they respond to queries is top notch. I was, however, not aware of the whole credit card issue mentioned above and that is definitely a major privacy no no that will need to be addressed at some point in the near future.

One gripe of mine that I would like to mention thus far is the fact that Glyde does not have any option for customers to buy or sell collector's editions/special editions/media with larger-than-normal packaging, in any way. I do not quite understand why this is not available, but I would also like to see this implemented in the near future. Otherwise, great service! :)

Seaniccus,

You are right. I am glad that I had to get my card updated. They will not be able to get my card transactions if something happens. However, I did have good experiences with Glyde. It is not a bad thing that they do not allow you to delete personal info. At least Amazon and others allow you to do that.

I might do that too. I currently though think that they need to update that option to remove credit information.

Glyde raised their fees to 12% for items sold for all new users after Oct 14th. Those who signed up before will still get the 10% rate but I doubt that'll last very long.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Glyde raised their fees to 12% for items sold for all new users after Oct 14th. Those who signed up before will still get the 10% rate but I doubt that'll last very long.[/QUOTE]

Serioiusly? That sounds like a whole lot of fail to me. I have had great experiences with them so far, but if the fees go up then I'll have to reconsider. They already double charge for the shipping by making the seller pay $1.25 for the mailer, then charge the buyer $3.75'ish for shipping.

I sold a game and it was delivered on Monday but its still listed as Sale Pending. It usually never took this long hmmm

Found a 15% off code from slickdeals. Alot of games in new condition drop down to $40-$45 shipped. I found Castlevania, NBA 2k11, EA MMA, Fallout New Vegas, etc. You can use it up to 3 times. Expires on the 25th.

[quote name='iconian']www.glyde.com

use code: SLICKDEALS
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Japakneez']Found a 15% off code from slickdeals. Alot of games in new condition drop down to $40-$45 shipped. I found Castlevania, NBA 2k11, EA MMA, Fallout New Vegas, etc. You can use it up to 3 times. Expires on the 25th.[/QUOTE]

Nice find, I was sitting on alot of credit.

Does anyone have the customer service phone number?

Because it's been hard for me to reach their service rep.

Any help would be appreciated CAG! Thanks!

Does anyone have the customer service phone number?

Because it has been hard for me to reach their service rep.

Any help would be appreciated CAG! Thanks!

soon as this last game TNA cross the line ships i think im going to cash my 100 bucks out cause i see this site gone by end of 2011 (maybe even early 2011)

I used this site last year. IT IS FINE. TRUST ME. I ordered one or two games and they came in the promised condition.

Nothing doing for me this year, though.

The site's good.

I've sold some stuff, bought some stuff.

The biggest problem is the shipping time for both sides. Check keep track of trade in value for your items through other websites like Amazon and etc to see if selling on glyde will be worth it though.

Starting to think right now im done with glyde it depends on how they handle my last 2 transactions ..

i mail super princess peach on the 26th they are saying i never shipped it no tracking info
i mail TNA cross the line yesterday (no tracking info yet)

if they screw me out of 32 bucks im done with this site.

up to this time whenever i drop the item in the mail box the tracking shows up the next day but the last 2 games nothing is showing... really need to start looking at the numbers on the envlopes ... all they have to do is put in fake numbers in the tracking.. put different numbers on the envlopes and dont pay you for the games

Just completed my first successful sale on Glyde. It took about 2 weeks total from when my game sold (which was just a day after I listed it) to me receiving credit for the sale in my account. It takes a few days to get the mailer, and then a wait till the buyer receives it, but in the end I got my money.

I like that I now have CASH, and the value I got was better than what Amazon was offering for trade-in.

I think that Glyde's prices are quite reasonable for buying and usually reasonable for selling. I love that they are very upfront about what your final proceeds will be, and listing a game is incredibly easy, more so than any other site.

I'd encourage everyone to keep checking them out and give em a try (be sure to use a coupon if buying).

[quote name='slidecage']Starting to think right now im done with glyde it depends on how they handle my last 2 transactions ..

i mail super princess peach on the 26th they are saying i never shipped it no tracking info
i mail TNA cross the line yesterday (no tracking info yet)

if they screw me out of 32 bucks im done with this site.

up to this time whenever i drop the item in the mail box the tracking shows up the next day but the last 2 games nothing is showing... really need to start looking at the numbers on the envlopes ... all they have to do is put in fake numbers in the tracking.. put different numbers on the envlopes and dont pay you for the games[/QUOTE]

Really with the conspiracy theory? They are a legit Verisign Accredited business.

I mailed out 2 games through them on the 11th, they didn't get their DCs updated until the 13th, and neither was actually processed until the 20th (from different facilities, even though I dropped them off at the same place). One of them was finally delivered today.

The USPS is swamped this time of year, so Glyde isn't scamming you. ;)

It always amazes me when people quote old ass posts like they were made 5 minutes ago, and then address things that likely aren't an issue anymore.

I've had nothing but issues with Glyde, I would never buy from them but I will gladly sell through them until I lose money on the deal. There are a lot of things that are wrong with Glyde, and if you can exploit them then you are doing yourself and the company a favor.

For everyone that uses the site and makes sales, I got money on my Glyde account that I'd like to use somewhere else. Is it safe to provide them with my bank account info so I can transfer it there?

[quote name='Altanis']It always amazes me when people quote old ass posts like they were made 5 minutes ago, and then address things that likely aren't an issue anymore.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I was aware of the timestamp... 20 days is "old?" Heaven forbid I actually use the search function appropriately and post in the right thread, rather than making a whole new thread about it. :roll:

slidecage seemed concerned that he was getting scammed, and I tried to quell that fear. Since they haven't posted anything since, I have to assume they still feel that way... ya dig? :lol:

[quote name='Jintty']For everyone that uses the site and makes sales, I got money on my Glyde account that I'd like to use somewhere else. Is it safe to provide them with my bank account info so I can transfer it there?[/QUOTE]

Is it safe to have your bank account info online anywhere? ;)

Like I posted earlier today, they are Verisign accredited. I have withdrawn funds from my Glyde sales with zero problems.

[quote name='converse']I've had nothing but issues with Glyde, I would never buy from them but I will gladly sell through them until I lose money on the deal. There are a lot of things that are wrong with Glyde, and if you can exploit them then you are doing yourself and the company a favor.[/QUOTE]

What issues have you had with Glyde? I have never once had one with them but just wondering what issues you have run into using them.

[quote name='Prepster']What issues have you had with Glyde? I have never once had one with them but just wondering what issues you have run into using them.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine one of them is shipping times for receiving items.

I've only ordered two things from them (and by "them" I mean other users of Glyde who sell their stuff); one arrived fairly quickly, and the other took 18 days. There are no harsh repercussions as a seller (there are, but only if it's a pattern of abuse), so I guess there are a few that just don't bother with sending out their "sold" property until the last possible day before the transaction is canceled.

Just used this site to buy a used copy of SSX3 and have to say I'm pretty pleased with the experience. Came in a week and quality of the copy really was "Excellent" as described with all original packaging (surprised it was a black label PS2 copy and not GH) and the disc nearly scratch free. Like most of these used merchandise sites, I'm sure the quality of the experience varies by the actual seller, but I'm pretty impressed how well it worked this time.

Scored a flawless copy of Red Dead Redemption (360) for $18 + Shipping. ($21 n change)

Was really worried at biting for such a low price as that seemed too low. Everything's in the case (neatly folded map, manual etc) like new with a flawless disc. I'm smiling right now. :)

couple this with the undead nightmare sale and this is a win.

[quote name='natefons']so im assuming everyone generally has favorable exp. with this site?[/QUOTE]

I've had over 80 transactions with Glyde and have only had two problems where I was never sent what I bought. Those two happened to be dealing with movies though and after notifying them by e-mail, I was refunded quickly. So I'd say you can't go wrong with Glyde.

Ordered a couple games from here for the first time because they were listed as "Excellent" and way cheaper than anywhere else. Hoping for the best, but paid with a credit card for extra protection if they're not and I end up finding out Glyde's CS sucks.

[quote name='Darrith']Ordered a couple games from here for the first time because they were listed as "Excellent" and way cheaper than anywhere else. Hoping for the best, but paid with a credit card for extra protection if they're not and I end up finding out Glyde's CS sucks.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't have a problem. Glyde customer service is awesome. I've had about 35-40 transactions and had two problems. They sorted things out within 24 hours.

From my experience the customer service is spotty. Some people I've dealt with handle it the way you would expect, while others have the "deal with it" attitude.

One major fault if you ask me is that the buyer and seller share the cost of a return. Buyers are punished if they receive something other than what they ordered (typically a variance in quality). I've been burned by this more than once and I am not taking the chance on buying with Glyde again until they choose to protect the buyer. This is the fault with their system, there is not so much accountability for the seller, and it's easy for bad sellers to stay in the system under different accounts. I prefer the Goozex model where you know who you are dealing with and you can opt out of a trade depending on feedback. It holds the seller and buyer more accountable, something Glyde completely lacks.

bread's done
Back