GMG: Amazing deal on Bioshock Infinite

Oxyric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

Pre-purchase Bioshock Infinite with GMG and received $15 credit(or $14 cash back), XCOM EU, Bioshock, and 1 game of your choice for free. The details is kind of confusing but you automatically get XCOM for free, Bioshock 1 is shown below with 5 different game options. Chose out of those bundles which one you like, pay it, then you will get XCOM EU key March 26th along with Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1, and the other free game of your choice (that you chose); oh and the $15 credit.

One of the best pre-order deals I have ever seen.

Disclaimer: I found the thread on Amazon forum and posted it here. Thanks to user JJ Cool.

[quote name='Zimmy']I apologize if it comes across saying it was not a deal worthy post.
It is.
I'm just amazed at the sudden promotions where they want you to buy the game at retail so they try to sweeten the pot with bargain games.
I would say buying any new PC games at $60 is revok worthy.
How do all those that bought Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Hitman Absolution, and Tomb Raider for $60 feel today???

Again, for what is out there, this is a good deal. As long as you know price drops are inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Who paid $60 for Tomb Raider? It has a MSRP of $49.99 on PC. Pre-orders lowered it to $44. I bought it day one, and you know what, I feel pretty damn good. It was a damn good game and the devs deserved every penny I spent on it.

[quote name='V878']Great deal. $46 with the the $14 cashback. Plus I was planning to buy XCOM whenever it hit $10, so I sort of see it as getting Bioshock for $36, which is more than a fair price for something I wanted to play Day 1.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel.

Do we know if people who already pre-ordered it before this will also get X-COM? I can't find a confirmation of this anywhere. I really hope so. Also, I hope GMG isn't late in getting me my key as I'm told they sometimes are.

Not totally sure why people who were going to buy TR and BSI didn't just buy an AMD Reloaded code off eBay... $22.50 a piece, folks.

I can't even get into the site and they refunded me when I was charged last night ><

I just want to buy the damn pack with Bio, Civ V, and XCOM :/

[quote name='bobphone']Not totally sure why people who were going to buy TR and BSI didn't just buy an AMD Reloaded code off eBay... $22.50 a piece, folks.[/QUOTE]
You might have gotten that price but a lot of cards were going (or even starting) for well over that price. Not everyone feels like spending days playing the eBay sniping game, waiting to snag a card for under $50.

Or people just don't feel confident that they won't get screwed over on the code and don't feel like hassling it out with eBay if they do. They would rather deal directly with an authorized retailer.

This is coming from someone who did buy an AMD card off eBay but it seems pretty obvious to me why not everyone would.

Or, heck, maybe they just wanted access to the pre-launch mini games that both TR and B:I have/had or the extra digital tchotchkes like the TR art book.

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']I can't even get into the site and they refunded me when I was charged last night ><

I just want to buy the damn pack with Bio, Civ V, and XCOM :/[/QUOTE]

Same here this morning. Got the bundle w/M2, paypal went through, then about a minute later said I had been issued a full refund. I opened a support ticket to make sure my account doesn't get jacked up like some others have been saying where GMG now thinks you own games that you don't. I was planning on adding the BL2 stuff with the credit while it's on sale this weekend, but they're going to have to get sorted out first. The site's still not working, so I guess we broke GMG. :roll:

This deal is up there. I ordered from them all the time and never had a problem. I love the amazon deal but IMo this one edges it out by a thin margin.

All these deals and none of them apply for me. Why do I want credit for games I already have (amazon) or games I already have (GMG). Guess I'll wait for Bioshock Infinite to drop in price. I want to play it, but not $60 play it.

[quote name='TheKbob']All these deals and none of them apply for me. Why do I want credit for games I already have (amazon) or games I already have (GMG). Guess I'll wait for Bioshock Infinite to drop in price. I want to play it, but not $60 play it.[/QUOTE]
GMG's cash-back option would make it the most solid choice if the extra games don't interest you.

Or go for someone selling an AMD code or just wait.

[quote name='bobphone']Not totally sure why people who were going to buy TR and BSI didn't just buy an AMD Reloaded code off eBay... $22.50 a piece, folks.[/QUOTE]

Well your price is only almost accurate, if you want to buy both bundled together. Even then your estimate may be a few dollars too low at this point.

Having said that, you can buy Bioshock currently for $30 which is a better deal than this imo. One I would have went with had I known about it. Maybe I actually would have received my key by now had I gone with ebay.

[quote name='TheKbob']All these deals and none of them apply for me. Why do I want credit for games I already have (amazon) or games I already have (GMG). Guess I'll wait for Bioshock Infinite to drop in price. I want to play it, but not $60 play it.[/QUOTE]

Well in reality anything extra is a bonus. Not everyone has all the games plus you can use the 15 on anyone game they have. So I know it can be a bummer but to some what a deal and I am happy for anybody giving anything extra away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']Or people just don't feel confident that they won't get screwed over on the code and don't feel like hassling it out with eBay if they do. They would rather deal directly with an authorized retailer.[/QUOTE]

This is why I didn't go for an AMD code even though I knew about them before buying from GMG. I am a-ok with paying $46 for Infinite day 1, XCOM as a friend's late birthday present and the first 2 Bioshocks on Steam.

[quote name='Syntax Error']GMG's cash-back option would make it the most solid choice if the extra games don't interest you.

Or go for someone selling an AMD code or just wait.[/QUOTE]

It's actually US$45.53 in Blue Coins from Gamersgate.co.uk and all of the keys are in stock now (all four game keys were available about twelve hours ago when I checked out). All the same games as GMG, $45.53 cost, plus well over $10 back in store credit. Given GMG's pre-order pre-purchase history (and generally poor history of service and support), it certainly seems to be an easy choice. :whistle2:#

[quote name='PenguinJim']It's actually US$45.53 in Blue Coins from Gamersgate.co.uk and all of the keys are in stock now (all four game keys were available about twelve hours ago when I checked out). All the same games as GMG, $45.53 cost, plus well over $10 back in store credit. Given GMG's pre-order pre-purchase history (and generally poor history of service and support), it certainly seems to be an easy choice. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Can't you only get it for that cheap if you have the beth discount on your account?

I bought it and tried to redeem it on Steam, and it tells me that the code has already been redeemed. Anyone else encountered this problem?

[quote name='merovingian117']I bought it and tried to redeem it on Steam, and it tells me that the code has already been redeemed. Anyone else encountered this problem?[/QUOTE]

It is telling me my XCOM code was already redeemed....

So when am I supposed to get my $14 back? I paid via paypal if it makes a difference. I recommend avoiding them unless there's an extremely good deal.

I have a Bioshock 1 key i got from Amazon.de for preorder. Anyone who did this in europe want to trade their key for my European steam key?

[quote name='ShockandAww']So when am I supposed to get my $14 back? I paid via paypal if it makes a difference. I recommend avoiding them unless there's an extremely good deal.[/QUOTE]

I paid the same way and haven't gotten the $14 either. I'd give it a few more days then open up a service ticket with them. That $14 isn't going to break me so I'm really not too worried about it. They will get it to me eventually.

bread's done
Back