GMR magazine cancelled?

dwsscs

CAGiversary!
I heard somewhere they were going to stop publishing this magazine. I only get it as part of the EB Edge deal, and will miss the coupons if this is true. Anyone know anything about it??

Yes, GMR is done. This was announced a while ago, so you won't be getting anymore issues of it, but they should be offering you the chance to switch to another ZD mag.

Yup, this is kind of old news now. I believe Gamestar (which was crap) also went right around the time that XBn and GMR did.

Man, I can't stand Gamepro. Especially their reviews. For instance, Backyard Wrestling 2 - they rated the game a 1.5 or so, but they also rated the audio, controls and graphics under 2. The graphics are not under two, the controls are spot on and the audio is crystal clear. It's okay to have a suckass game with good controls and great audio.

I hadn't heard anything from EB or GMR about this. I don't want to lose the coupons even though they were not so good.

Isn't the lead reviewer some guy named Major Mike with a picture of a Battletoad or something? The attitude of the magazine reminds me of Akklaim in their hayday (you remember that videogame-oriented gameshow). Weren't they busted for giving skewed reviews or something by accepting favors from developers?

I've read EGM for years now... many years. And although they aren't right about everything, I still consider them the closest to my gaming tastes to this day in terms of reviews. Besides, who can diss the almighty Quarterman?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Skylander7']Now if only Gamepro would encounter the same fate....[/quote]

And PSM.[/quote]

True, but Gamepro has got to go. I only buy it when I need something to read on an airplane and I always kick myself for spending the money. You know when you read something and it's so poorly written you feel badly about yourself? Like your a moron, that's the feeling you get when you read gamepro.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Skylander7']Now if only Gamepro would encounter the same fate....[/quote]

And PSM.[/quote]

True, but Gamepro has got to go. I only buy it when I need something to read on an airplane and I always kick myself for spending the money. You know when you read something and it's so poorly written you feel badly about yourself? Like your a moron, that's the feeling you get when you read gamepro.[/quote]

Yeah, I've stopped reading it and just look at the pictures and read my other mags for good content.

So no one else has gotten the offer to switch their subscription, either? I sort of thought I'd have heard from them by now.

[quote name='ransom456']So no one else has gotten the offer to switch their subscription, either? I sort of thought I'd have heard from them by now.[/quote]

i haven't....and im kind of pissed off about it too

I hope the canceling of those magazine means that some unrelease games would leak out like Rent a Hero Xbox.

1. I haven't received any notice about the remainder of my GMR subscription and where it will go to either.......a little concerning.

2. Gamepro needs to go away, it's long overdue. I haven't read an issue of that in about 13 years. PSM isn't that bad, but you mostly just look at the pictures and a few exclusives from time to time.

3. to 62t........why the heck would a magazine going belly up have anything to do with unreleased games getting out??

[quote name='Skylander7']Now if only Gamepro would encounter the same fate....[/quote]

Agreed. I get the subscription for free, but the magazine is total crap. 10 minutes into reading it I'm already at the end of the magazine and wishing I had those 10 minutes of my life back.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='ransom456']So no one else has gotten the offer to switch their subscription, either? I sort of thought I'd have heard from them by now.[/quote]

i haven't....and im kind of pissed off about it too[/quote]

same here too... pissed too :evil:

A few years ago, there was this mag called incite Video Gaming, and they went out of business in less than a year. I didn't hear anything for months until I received a letter from GamePro saying that I'll be receiving it for the duration of my remaining subscription.

As far as I know, they weren't even from the same publisher, so maybe you guys will be getting GamePro now. :twisted:

[quote name='whitereflection']A few years ago, there was this mag called incite Video Gaming, and they went out of business in less than a year. I didn't hear anything for months until I received a letter from GamePro saying that I'll be receiving it for the duration of my remaining subscription.

As far as I know, they weren't even from the same publisher, so maybe you guys will be getting GamePro now. :twisted:[/quote]

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!! I feel all maturity oozing out of my body......gaming mag's with stupid alter ego reviewers........lame....too lame.....

I got the April issue of Gamepro and the joke games and joke news suck horribly. They used to be good for a few laughs, but it's just pathetic now.

Actual quote from Gamepro.com for the editor review for Harvest Moon: Back to Nature:

"Picking up eggs can be a chore...".

No, you just press 'X' on the egg and whala... it picks it up. Is it really that hard to press a damn button?

[quote name='Rozz']Actual quote from Gamepro.com for the editor review for Harvest Moon: Back to Nature:

"Picking up eggs can be a chore...".

No, you just press 'X' on the egg and whala... it picks it up. Is it really that hard to press a damn button?[/quote]whala?

whala?

I just remember getting that sub card from the HALO 2 Midnight madness..oh well no wasted money and i don treally care....i missed Gameplayers...i liked it before they tried to change and tanked..

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I got the April issue of Gamepro and the joke games and joke news suck horribly. They used to be good for a few laughs, but it's just pathetic now.[/quote]

As someone who had to write one of those funny April features, I have to say it's really hard to do. Coming up with new ideas is tough, and you get to a point where you think everything is funny, but you're biased and everyone else may hate it. Also, everyone thinks something different is funny.

If anyone's wondering, I wrote Game Infarcer for the April '03 (?) issue of Game Informer, with another former editor, Kristian. We had 2 ideas at first and thought it'd be smooth sailing, but filling 5 pages is no easy task. Still, I like what we came up with, though I don't know that anyone else agrees.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']I got the April issue of Gamepro and the joke games and joke news suck horribly. They used to be good for a few laughs, but it's just pathetic now.[/quote]

As someone who had to write one of those funny April features, I have to say it's really hard to do. Coming up with new ideas is tough, and you get to a point where you think everything is funny, but you're biased and everyone else may hate it. Also, everyone thinks something different is funny.

If anyone's wondering, I wrote Game Infarcer for the April '03 (?) issue of Game Informer, with another former editor, Kristian. We had 2 ideas at first and thought it'd be smooth sailing, but filling 5 pages is no easy task. Still, I like what we came up with, though I don't know that anyone else agrees.[/quote]

I've been a subscriber to GI since the MK: Deadly Alliance preview issue. I liked the '03 Infarcer, but didn't laugh much at last years. I understand it can be tough to write that type of stuff though.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']I got the April issue of Gamepro and the joke games and joke news suck horribly. They used to be good for a few laughs, but it's just pathetic now.[/quote]

If anyone's wondering, I wrote Game Infarcer for the April '03 (?) issue of Game Informer, with another former editor, Kristian. We had 2 ideas at first and thought it'd be smooth sailing, but filling 5 pages is no easy task. Still, I like what we came up with, though I don't know that anyone else agrees.[/quote]

I've been a subscriber to GI since the MK: Deadly Alliance preview issue. I liked the '03 Infarcer, but didn't laugh much at last years. I understand it can be tough to write that type of stuff though.[/quote]

Yeah, though I guess if I didn't watch late night talk shows every day, I might've found this stuff funny. I like the infarcers though,for whatever reason.

bread's done
Back