Gnarly Tree Rex Skylanders Giants Single at Gamestop

Charles Morgan

CAG Newbie
For those who didn't luck out (or want to spend the money on the Wii bundle) Gamestop has the "Gnarly Tree Rex" single available on their site:

http://www.gamestop.com/tablets/skylanders-giants-gnarly-tree-rex-individual-character-pack/110938?gclid=CJ7J7q_s4bgCFUuk4Aod9F4Aog&affid=9797&cid=ppc_60000004

They also had a bunch of them at the local Gamestop in Millcreek, PA so YMMV in store.

Not really a deal unless you consider that these were fetching over a hundred a pop at some point and still go for around $30 on ebay. 

Nice find. I still need to beat this game! Maybe some day they'll release Punch Pop Fizz in a single pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who didn't luck out (or want to spend the money on the Wii bundle) Gamestop has the "Gnarly Tree Rex" single available on their site:

(Can't Post Link xD)

They also had a bunch of them at the local Gamestop in Millcreek, PA so YMMV in store.

Not really a deal unless you consider that these were fetching over a hundred a pop at some point and still go for around $30 on ebay.

More like 20 bucks haha, & they do seem to have alot of them in stock everywhere. There is also going to be a "Pumpkin Variant" Of Eyebrawl & some sites have started taking preorders.

Nice find. I still need to beat this game! Maybe some day they'll release Punch Pop Fizz in a single pack.

On a germany website, It had a red one in its listings as a single one. So it most likely might mean that it will also be available in the United States. :)

i saw about 10 of these at walmart today, i dont get it, if you get the starter kit you get the same guy, so this one is great cause its blue?

i saw about 10 of these at walmart today, i dont get it, if you get the starter kit you get the same guy, so this one is great cause its blue?
The main popularity about it is that its a variant. It will be harder to get later on because people want him. People could only get them in the starter kit and people would buy 3 just for like this skylander. & people will also try to get him to profit on him later.

That's basically everything about skylander figures. Haha.

Skylanders is great and all, my son had fun playing the first one with his slightly older cousins, and my daughter now loves to help change the characters out at her young age, but the only people I have personally encountered that are concerned about whether they are playing with a variant versus the normal ones are boys under the age of 13.  I hear about it all the time from most of my nephews that are in that age bracket.

No way am I buying all the variants or chasing them down.  If I can get a variant for the same price as the regular one when I get around to buying that particular character, its fine, like I have Molten Hot Dog instead of the regular one.

If Disney Infinity goes eight months without variants, I'll be one happy father.

Is this a GameStop exclusive? Ideally, I'd prefer to get it from Toys R Us since they seem to have a Skylanders sale every week and I don't want to give GS business. GS did sell out of Polar Whirlwind pretty quick and never restocked, as did Target with Jade Flashwing and Granite Crusher, so anyone that wants one of these might want to act fast.

Some of the appeal of the variants is that you can have two of the same character at the same time, so you can do regular Tree Rex and Gnarly Tree Rex in co-op.

I bought one today at best buys. They're currently running a sale on skylanders giant giants at 13.99. The tree rex isn't in their system as such but I got the cashier/manager to price adjust it since the tree rex was placed in the same location as the rest of the giants which means it was also under the sign listing it as 13.99. The purchase also came with a bag, poster, sticker and two keychains.

I bought one today at best buys. They're currently running a sale on skylanders giant giants at 13.99. The tree rex isn't in their system as such but I got the cashier/manager to price adjust it since the tree rex was placed in the same location as the rest of the giants which means it was also under the sign listing it as 13.99. The purchase also came with a bag, poster, sticker and two keychains.
Is there anything on-line or in-store about getting the bonus items at Best Buy with a Skylander purchase?

For those actively seeking him out, check your local TRU tomorrow morning, as it was reported to me that we'll start selling them Sunday, 8/4.  Just a heads up.

Sick of variants...

Why can't they release, out side of chip offers, those 4

mini ones? The Frito chip ones....

How about releasing the remaining original Skylanders,

in the Giants series? WHAM SHELL has yet to be released...

For those actively seeking him out, check your local TRU tomorrow morning, as it was reported to me that we'll start selling them Sunday, 8/4. Just a heads up.
Also it appears there is a 20% coupon you can print from the online circular from the website to make it $12.79...

I had know idea this one existed (never paid much attention to the WiiU starter kit) but I'd rather have him individually b/c we are hanging all the variants up on the wall. We have about 8 now I think. My biggest fear is that the neighborhood kids go crazy and take them off the wall and are going to rip one open one day, even though they've been told a thousand times not to and to just play them still in the package. Oh well..gonna hunt this one down today for sure!

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

All the figures from Spyro's Adventure (including Wham Shell) have been released at some point.

All the figures that were made for Giants, except for LightCore Hex, have been released in the US. Wham Shell (along with Boomer, Warnado, Sunburn, Voodood, Camo, Ghost Roaster and Dino Rang) are "retired" and will not be released in a "series 2" version for Giants.

Ended up getting one for my son at my local TRU was $11.79 after 20% coupon from the TRU website and the $1 off coupon from the Frito Lay multipacks. Got to my store around 11:15 and they still had a ton in boxes behind the counter all marked "Do not open till 8/18 for Event". They would not let me but two of him for the 2 for $22 promo saying it was one per customer, so I passed on that promo.

Now if I could only find a Legendary Bouncer and a Granite Crusher I would be a happy man with a happy little boy.

Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Gnarly Tree Sex" ?

Sick of variants...

Why can't they release, out side of chip offers, those 4

mini ones? The Frito chip ones....

They won't because all the original figures work with Giants. And Wham-Shell should be re-released because he had such a limited print run, but I kinda don't want him to cause mine is still in a box waiting for the value to go up. :p

I still see sealed Wham-Shells on the shelves at my local TRU's from time to time. It's Boomer and the Darklight Crypt that are no longer being made.

bread's done
Back