Go Hastings Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Use coupon code "Hastings" get 20% off used games and 10% off new. Bayonetta used for 33 bucks isnt too shabby. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didnt see it anywhere.

Mod Edit:

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff. I wanted to order just one thing, not the B2G1 for $1. This bodes well. Thanks OP.

Thanks, got Halo Wars and Tiger 09 for about $10 each and threw in Kameo and a bunch of movies for 60-70 cents each. Even with $7 shipping, it was a great deal.

Tales of Vesperia New for 33.00 shipped...they have ONE copy left apparently so hurry if you want that..

Tales of Vesperia Used for 28.63 shipped

Demons Souls Used for 39.08 Shipped

Not bad.

Also I saw Wild Arms 5 for PS2 for 9.99 (~20 on Amazon). Note that: I ordered the same product like 3 weeks ago and it was OOS, appears IN STOCK now though. If someone wants to take a shot at it, feel free.

Tales of Vesperia NEW went out of stock but is now back in stock. Looks like they're only selling them 3 at a time and they'll probably raise the price when they start running lower.

Also a deal to me at least is Resident Evil 4 for PS2 for 6.63 shipped. Awesome game.

I think I want to buy something, but I don't want to feel frustrated later if a stackable promo comes around like that 5 off 25 during the latter half of the b2g1. Anyone know when this ends, cause if I do get something, I'll probably wait until the last several days.

Thanks. In for PS3 Borderlands for $37 (tax in TX).

I don't think Hastings buys used games incomplete...or at least my local store doesn't have any without the packaging. And I feel pretty safe with Blu-Ray as far as scratches go.

Have other folks had good experiences with Hastings used?

I've been very satisfied with GoHastings so far, All 3 games i ordered from the b2g1 were in nice shape and complete. I'm just waiting for the dvd i ordered with the games to arrive.
I'd also like to know if anyone knows when this promotion ends?
I wanna get in on this but money's kinda tight right now, If i knew when it ended it would help greatly.

Email I got states

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This email is valid from 1/17/2010 to 1/23/2010 Central Standard Time. We reserver the right to change or end promotions without notice. Prices good at goHastings.com only and not valid in-store.[/FONT]

[quote name='spike4536']I've been very satisfied with GoHastings so far, All 3 games i ordered from the b2g1 were in nice shape and complete. I'm just waiting for the dvd i ordered with the games to arrive.
I'd also like to know if anyone knows when this promotion ends?
I wanna get in on this but money's kinda tight right now, If i knew when it ended it would help greatly.[/QUOTE]

I imagine if you get Lego Rock Band or another with an import code, the code most likely has already been used, right?

As of typing, used prices before 20% off for some of my highlights are:

MadWorld - $9.48
Watchmen - $8.06 (if it comes with the blu-ray, it'd be a good deal)
Woverine (360) - $15.99
Sonic's Ultimate Collection (360) - $12.58 (PS3 OOS)
Kingdom Hearts: Re - $12.84
Popolocrois - $4.96
Guitar Hero Decades - $6.56
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $6.64
We Love Katamari - $0.70!? No wonder it's OOS.
Dead Space (PS3) - $12.82
Bionic Commando - $7.58 (PS3), $5.44 (360)
Folklore - $15.45
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - $14.22
Ace Combat 6 - $13.77
Bakugan Brawlers (PS3) - $16.62
GTA: Chinatown Wars (DS) - $13.29
Orange Box (360) - $9.97
Wario Land: Shake It - $14.24
Lost Planet - $8.53
Prototype - $21.83 (PS3), $20.37 (360)
Last Remnant - $11.58
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $9.97
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $16.98
Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage - $18.95
Quake Wars - $6.38
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 - $25.28
Crisis Core - $11.29
LocoRoco 2 - $7.83
Dead Space: Extraction - $24.20
Wipeout Pulse - $7.58
Project Sylpheed - $4.98
Dragon Quest IV - $12.80
Dragon Quest VIII - $5.87
Disgaea 3 - $27.57
Luminous Arc 2 - $17.99
Operation Darkness - $8.54
Growlanser Generations - $16.82
Section 8 - $18.03
Valkyrie Profiles: Covenant of the Plume - $14.22
Patapon - $8.53
Boy and His Blob - $21.87
101-in-1 - $11.39
Dawn of Mana - $6.96
Gradius Collection - $8.01
Steambot Chronicles - $13.57
Siren - $4.55
Lux-Pain - $10.16

Actually, it seems to be giving 30% off used games (at least for me).

It also has made it to the fontpage of SD...so be warned.

I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on Wolverine...decisions...

It's 20% for me. Ended up ordering Bionic Commando for $6.07, A Witch's Tale for $17.38. Decided against Cross Edge, Bakugan Brawlers, and a few others, for now.

Hm, it seems to be down for me. Every time I click on a game icon, it goes to an error page.

But anyway, I think I may wait til the eventual 30% off used games or another B2G1 (no idea when it'll come though).

Picked up (b4 tax & shipping) all for PS3 unless noted:

Infamous - 19.74
Disgaea 3 - 22.06
Gungrave Overdose - 3.04 (PS2)
Alone in The Dark Inferno - 7.23
MLB 09 The Show - 14.44

And a bunch of really cheap WWE DVDs :D

Thanks Slick Deals for fucking this up for the rest of us. AGAIN! I am getting a lot of errors on the site. Glad I got my order in last night.

[quote name='mediviper']Thanks Slick Deals for fucking this up for the rest of us. AGAIN! I am getting a lot of errors on the site. Glad I got my order in last night.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this was up on Slick Deals first..... by like, 12 hours.

Is it just me or does everyone get this error when trying to access a game

Sorry! We're Working on This Page.
spacer.gif

We're sorry. An error has occurred when attempting to process your request. Please go back and try your request again, or return at a later time.

Ordered Infamous and Disgaea 3 for $45.79 shipped. Love me some Disgaea and wanted to give Infamous a go, was holding off but was afraid with the extra traffic the site was getting both would be sold out.

[quote name='stewie75']I'm pretty sure this was up on Slick Deals first..... by like, 12 hours.[/QUOTE]

Nope not at all. This thread was started at 2:39 am, Slick Deals posted at 10:30 am. So wooo go us. I can now continue bitching about Slick Deals!! :)

[quote name='mediviper']Nope not at all. This thread was started at 2:39 am, Slick Deals posted at 10:30 am. So wooo go us. I can now continue bitching about Slick Deals!! :)[/QUOTE]

The Slick Deal's thread was posted at 1:26 am.

[quote name='kidkash03']I imagine if you get Lego Rock Band or another with an import code, the code most likely has already been used, right?[/QUOTE]
Almost certainly.

I just got Super Paper Mario Wii for 21.98 shipped, woohoo!!!

Here's to praying it comes complete (wishful thinking the registration code is intact as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else notice they jacked up most of the used prices when this new coupon came out? I was bummed out when i went on and they raised the prices from a few bucks to even $10 more. I even see some used are 17 more then the new copies they are selling. This killed it for me BUT i did score halo wars for $11 something!!!! That was the only 360 deal i liked. I hate when stores jack the prices then do a coupon like this it beats the purpose.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Did anyone else notice they jacked up most of the used prices when this new coupon came out? I was bummed out when i went on and they raised the prices from a few bucks to even $10 more. I even see some used are 17 more then the new copies they are selling. This killed it for me BUT i did score halo wars for $11 something!!!! That was the only 360 deal i liked. I hate when stores jack the prices then do a coupon like this it beats the purpose.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is annoying as hell but very common. I just make sure to never buy something I see on "sale" before shopping around to see if it's actually a sale.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Did anyone else notice they jacked up most of the used prices when this new coupon came out? I was bummed out when i went on and they raised the prices from a few bucks to even $10 more. I even see some used are 17 more then the new copies they are selling. This killed it for me BUT i did score halo wars for $11 something!!!! That was the only 360 deal i liked. I hate when stores jack the prices then do a coupon like this it beats the purpose.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I kept a list of ~30 games I was considering during the B2G1F$1 sale, and a lot of prices actually went down too. Cross Edge actually went down, so did Witch's Tale, and some others. Some did go up by a good chunk though, like Warhammer PSP, and Katamari Forever. Some stayed the exact same, like Muramasa, Steal Princess. So I don't think they deliberately did it alongside the promo code, they just adjusted to supply and demand.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Did anyone else notice they jacked up most of the used prices when this new coupon came out? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Actually, I kept a list of ~30 games I was considering during the B2G1F$1 sale, and a lot of prices actually went down too. [/QUOTE]

Most games I'm looking for had a minor mark up or two, but overall have been going down in price over the past month and a half. Still gonna wait to see how far they're gonna drop in the near future cause right now the prices aren't "must buy now" prices for me.

The prices at Hastings are all over the board. They jump up and down all the time. I don't think they marked things up for the sale, I think you just never know with them.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I ordered last night... then woke up to this deal... I sent them an email. Hopefully they allow a change.[/QUOTE]

Hastings' e-mail response is horrendously slow; you're better off calling them instead.

[quote name='elessar123']Actually, I kept a list of ~30 games I was considering during the B2G1F$1 sale, and a lot of prices actually went down too. Cross Edge actually went down, so did Witch's Tale, and some others. Some did go up by a good chunk though, like Warhammer PSP, and Katamari Forever. Some stayed the exact same, like Muramasa, Steal Princess. So I don't think they deliberately did it alongside the promo code, they just adjusted to supply and demand.[/quote]

I've noticed that prices for a few games I check up on often changed erratically, not in tune with these promotions. Uncharted 2, for example, jumped up by about $10 towards the end of the 30% off promotion, while Star Ocean 2 for the PSP dropped by $5 a few weeks after that same promo ended. I haven't been keeping track of a great extent of games though, just a few titles.

Of course Demon's Souls is OOS. Blargh status x3. At least I got the jump on the Tales of Vesperia.

[quote name='sokari']Hastings' e-mail response is horrendously slow; you're better off calling them instead.[/QUOTE]

I guess... Maybe I can get them to make sure my copies are not sent though a shredder and that I actually get the right copies I ordered too...

bread's done
Back