(Go)Hastings June Game Time month

I'm sure they lost so much money last year that they didn't even give that an honest thought this year.

Pretty disappointing, but considering I easily made a substantial amount of money / store credit from trades last year thanks to Hastings' promo, I really can't complain.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm sure they lost so much money last year that they didn't even give that an honest thought this year.

Pretty disappointing, but considering I easily made a substantial amount of money / store credit from trades last year thanks to Hastings' promo, I really can't complain.[/QUOTE]

You're not supposed to brag about it in front of the Hastings rep that monitors this forum. You are supposed to innocently complain about how lame this year's promo is so they panic and have a change of heart and decide to bring the 3 for $30 back this year before it's too late.

[quote name='HydroX']Pretty disappointing, but considering I easily made a substantial amount of money / store credit from trades last year thanks to Hastings' promo, I really can't complain.[/QUOTE]

This. I was able to trade in a bunch of garbage games that I had bought for cheap at BB/gamestop, then bought the portal gun, and flip it for double on Amazon. Made out like a bandit.:D

When everything was said and done, I could have easily bought both a PSP Vita and 3DS. Original investment of only about $50-$75.:cool:

Lol.

I never really set foot into a Hastings prior to these promos, but I have been shopping there ever since -- so they did win my business over in that aspect. I find a lot of things there that I can't find at other stores, and usually at pretty decent prices.

I do like the fact that they clean disc. After Game Crazy shut down, it's really the only place in my area. I think it's $2, have yet to use it as most my games are immaculate, but all the same I like having the option available. That and they do occasionally have decent deals on games... just gotta look for it as they don't really publish THOSE deals in the weekly flyer.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']they do occasionally have decent deals on games... just gotta look for it as they don't really publish THOSE deals in the weekly flyer.[/QUOTE]

It might just be a regional thing, but I find the opposite to be true. Hastings stores are always the last to drop prices on games, and sometimes never do. Tons of 2 to 3-year-old games collecting dust on the shelves at my Hastings, still priced at MSRP.

The only times I have bought games in-store at Hastings are:
- When they goofed on the price by $20 for Mod Nation Racers [PS3] on launch day due to getting it mixed up with [PSP] version.
- When they had the 3 for $30 promo.
- When I receive gift cards.

They can be useful for finding out-of-print stuff though like the Pikachu 3DS XL a month after launch.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Uh... isn't that image the same promotion that's currently going on and being discussed in two other threads?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but the other two threads are titled "Mass Effect Most Wanted Generic Console Games Blah Blah" and, like most Hastings threads, are a 30-page downward spiral of people complaining about dirty discs when they picked "previously viewed" instead of "used", so this thread can be focused around the non-deal June month promo rather than people like myself skimming over threads titled "Mass Effect" because they have no interest in that specific game.

[quote name='sadakou']Possibly, but the other two threads are titled "Mass Effect Most Wanted Generic Console Games Blah Blah" and, like most Hastings threads, are a 30-page downward spiral of people complaining about dirty discs when they picked "previously viewed" instead of "used", so this thread can be focused around the non-deal June month promo rather than people like myself skimming over threads titled "Mass Effect" because they have no interest in that specific game.[/QUOTE]

Except that now that makes three threads after the second one went up for that reason to focus on the EA sale.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Except that now that makes three threads after the second one went up for that reason to focus on the EA sale.[/QUOTE]

So report the thread for duplication and go back to watching sports and playing terrible games. :roll:

[quote name='sadakou']So report the thread for duplication and go back to watching sports and playing terrible games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

But... I like some of EA's titles... just hate the XBOX One... :'(

Just got this in my email earlier today:

couponBB1.jpg

^Valid in store only. shoot.

This was the case for last year too right? All those who made like $500-$600 had gohastings store nearby. 

I see no store in Cali.

Last edited by a moderator:
50% off isn't enough to convince me to buy an EA game. $0-5 is my range.

It was, but I'm sure they also lost a lot of money with that promo.

On the flip side, they gained a lot more customers and foot traffic in their stores .. which is really the main purpose of promos like these.

bread's done
Back