'Goblet of Fire' Blu-ray Disc Replacement Details

Schroeder

CAGiversary!
A week after reports first surfaced of misplaced discs in the Blu-ray edition of its Harry Potter giftset, Warner has kicked off a disc exchange program for affected consumers.

Though the studio has yet to issue formal comment on what exactly caused HD DVD copies of 'Goblet of Fire' to find their way into Blu-ray versions of its 'Harry Potter: Years 1-5 giftset, Warner has set up a dedicated phone line to deal with the issue, and has apparently begun sending out replacement discs.

According to customer service reps, the studio is sending out single-disc Blu-ray editions of 'Goblet of Fire' as a temporary measure while replacement discs matching the giftset are being manufactured. The studio will then send out yet another version of the disc, with artwork that matches the four other discs in the set.

Affected consumers wishing to participate in this exchange program should call 1-800-553-6937.

Credit goes to High Def Digest

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']wow whats with all these mistakes lately on hi def formats?[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Not referencing fanboyism but I am kinda glad that I bought the HD-DVD giftset. Thats 3 BR disc replacement issues that have arisen in 1 week.

so is a person going to wind up having an hddvd disc, and 2 blu ray discs at the end of it all?

that would be an awful lot of fully functional discs floating around the used market....unless for some reason they want their discs back, but that might just be more trouble than it's worth for warner brothers.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']wow whats with all these mistakes lately on hi def formats?[/QUOTE]

Maybe having two competing formats is even confusing their manufacturers. Declare a winner already!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up - I honestly hadn't even checked the disks in my set until I read this, and sure enough, I have the HD-DVD disk of GOF. Sucks, but if they're replacing them then it's not THAT big of a deal.

if anyone ends up with an extra disc of either blu ray or hddvd, lemme know...i'll gladly take it off your hands [for a price of course] heh

I also had the HD-DVD version of GOF in my BR set, and the customer service lady told me to just keep the HD-DVD version.

So it looks like they do not want them back.

Warner is having bad luck with this BR releases. They also messed up the Blade Runner Briefcase Ultimate Edition BR by having the Workprint Cut (5th disc) be a duplicate of the Final Cut (disc 1). It's labeled the Workprint cut, but when you view it, it's the Final Cut. Lucky for me, my set did not have this problem.

Called & got my replacement ordered. Had to stay on hold forever, but once I got to someone it was a simple process.

Assuming we do get to keep the HD-DVD disk, mine will be up for sale.

Here's some crap, HD DVD of Harry Potter at BB is $24.99 and the Blue Ray is $34.99........who are they supporting??

[quote name='argyle']Called & got my replacement ordered. Had to stay on hold forever, but once I got to someone it was a simple process.

Assuming we do get to keep the HD-DVD disk, mine will be up for sale.[/QUOTE]

i'd check if it works somehow

i got the same problem except mine labeled HD DVD doesn't play in my HD DVD player

it just says disc unrecognized

Just called. No wait. The operator just took my name and address and advised they'll ship a replacement in 6-8 weeks.

[quote name='AnaMayShun']Does it says HD-DVD on the disc? My disc has the BD on it, but I haven't tried to play it in my PS3 yet.[/quote]

Yes, it says HD DVD on the disc itself.

Anybody actually get theirs yet? I guess it is way to early. Oh well, let's hope it goes by faster than the five free discs with player purchase.

Later,

Alex

I'll take an extra disc for those that do not want/need both formats.
Just shoot me a pm with your best delivered price to 80027.
Paypal funded ready...

bread's done
Back