God of War 2 Doesn't work in my ps2, WHY? ZEUS WHY?

shhximxhiding

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I just borrowed God of War 2 from a friend, and it does not load in my ps2. All I get is disc error. I took it back to friend's house, and it worked fine. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with my ps2 even though it is a little old. Anyone know why this happened or what I can do to fix it?

damn that sucks god of war 2 is the shit. id borrow someones ps2 to play it or just buy a new one or something.

[quote name='lokizz']damn that sucks god of war 2 is the shit. id borrow someones ps2 to play it or just buy a new one or something.[/quote]

When I went back to my friends house I took his ps2 and left him mine.

[quote name='lokizz']damn that sucks god of war 2 is the shit. id borrow someones ps2 to play it or just buy a new one or something.[/QUOTE]
Eh...if you've played GoW1 you've pretty much already experienced anything GoW2 has to offer.

[quote name='whoknows']What model is your PS2?[/quote]

Please dont laugh at my old ass ps2, it is a SCPH-39001. Never had any problems with it before.

[quote name='whoknows']Eh...if you've played GoW1 you've pretty much already experienced anything GoW2 has to offer.[/quote]

eh... I'll respectully disagree. I just got it today from Gameznflix and holy s--t is it good.

[quote name='shhximxhiding']Please dont laugh at my old ass ps2, it is a SCPH-39001. Never had any problems with it before.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...so its pre 50001.

Still...unless GoW2 is dual layered it shouldn't have any problems playing.

[quote name='pete5883']Try your other games, see if they give you a disc read error.[/quote]

Other games work perfectly. I have and still do play many games on this system, and this is the only one that has ever gave disc error.

[quote name='whoknows']Hmmm...so its pre 50001.

Still...unless GoW2 is dual layered it shouldn't have any problems playing.[/QUOTE]
It is. That said, have you trying a disc cleaner? Do you notice when you play games that do load it takes a bit longer from the blue loading screen to the PS2 logo? If the lens isn't dirty, it may just be on its last legs and not able to play DVD9 games.

If you don't mind a little tinkering you can open it up and adjust the laser. There are many FAQs out there to help you out with it. Be aware that it's only a temporary fix; the laser just gets weaker over time. Your PS2 will probably get pickier about which games it will read as time passes.
I got another 6 months out of mine like this though, and it only took like a half hour to do it.

[quote name='boognishd']If you don't mind a little tinkering you can open it up and adjust the laser. There are many FAQs out there to help you out with it. Be aware that it's only a temporary fix; the laser just gets weaker over time. Your PS2 will probably get pickier about which games it will read as time passes.
I got another 6 months out of mine like this though, and it only took like a half hour to do it.[/quote]

I tried that with a friends PS2 that didn't work at all and got it working with most games out there, there was one game thou that didn't work so I tried it again and accidentally broke of the screw I was adjusting....

Long story short is maybe you should play it safe. If your friends isn't playing his GOW2 just ask him to swap PS2s until you finish it, shouldn't take you too long anyways...

bread's done
Back