God of War 2 (used) $24.99 at GS

illini1010

CAGiversary!
I noticed this in the e-mail they sent out today. It's a one week special ending 3/20. Not the greatest deal, but a deal none the less. You can check it out on their weekly ad on the site.

You could use your edge card and the 10% off coupon to get 20% off. The coupon expires today though I think.

Arggh... lol anyhow. Back to the topic gow2 for $25 or less is a good deal no matter which version you prefer

[quote name='Teqonix']I don't quite get how people think that the GH boxart ruins things - I think it's completely bearable. If you want boxart that's ruined by the 'value' stamp, take a look at the platinum hits or family hits on XB360. Yeugh.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

Honestly, the whole anti-GH thing is mind-boggling. The fact that ppl will pay upwards of $10 or more for a game that's hardly collectible (given how many copies of it are out there) is a bit strange.

But anyways, to each his own. I admit I prefer the black packaging but if I want a game and I visit BB and they have it but only the GH version, I don't think twice a/b it.

[quote name='mkernan']I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually have any evidence but was rather just suggesting that perhaps Gamestop is trying to unload their used copies at that price point before it goes to greatest hits. It's actually a pretty believable theory, but AFAIK its just a theory.

Oh, and plus this deal was already mentioned in the Gamestop weekly ad thread.[/quote]

You are correct. Sorry if I confused anyone.

[quote name='thelonepig']Agreed.

Silent Hill 2 had some extra content on the GH release. Marvel:UA just came with an extra disc, IIRC.

EDIT: I was trying to come up with some other games that have additional content. Can anyone think of a Sony game that had additional content added?[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, Twisted Metal Black.

Virtua Fighter 4 was upgraded for GH too.

[quote name='v0yce']Off the top of my head, Twisted Metal Black.

Virtua Fighter 4 was upgraded for GH too.[/QUOTE]

Technically, VF4 evolution is a separate upgrade, just so happen they decide to release it straight on GH.

Hmm, GOW2 is still not a Greatest Hits title. All I get from the drunken, retarded monekys at Sony customer service are canned, automated replies like "GOW2 is currently on-track for Greatest Hits status." Of course, I have been receiving these useless responses from Sony now for, oh, 2 MONTHS! Sony sucks a cat's ass! I can truly understand now why XBOX fans HATE Sony. Anyway, there seems to be a TON of MISinformation on here about this title going Greatest Hits. Sony could stand to make MORE $$ if this title dropped to $20. For fuck's sake, Sony, just do it, already. Sheesh! >:)

Hold on. You actually keep asking Sony about this and expect them to give you a straight answer? You do realize that would mean you'd be the first one to know outside of their organization. I highly doubt Sony is going to announce a game's GH status to some random guy.

[quote name='chewbacca4me']Uh, yeah...that's what customer service is for.[/quote]

They aren't going to give you information that no one else has. That's like me calling Microsoft about a price drop that hasn't been announced and expecting them to actually confirm it for me.

Wow. Great Thread. Another Greatest hits with added content was Midnight Club, which shipped with Tokyo as an added city on the greatest hits. However, GrandTheftAuto San Andrea's shipped a collector's edition with an extra disk (after the hot coffee scandal), but didn't include any extra's in the greatest hits disk.

My guess, it will NOT ship with the additional disk. As it is a greatest hit, if they can fit more content onto the dvd (and they have more content), they will, but if the dvd is already full to the brim with the original game, they will not add the extra disk, as they have never added an additional disk to Greatest Hits. (Note: I hope i am wrong on this, as i actually do not have the game, and would pick it up new, with the extra disk, for 29.99. I have a weakness for extras, but i won't pay more than $10.00 for them.)

Regarding the quality of GameStop disks, the clerks at my local one know me, and will always show me all the copies of used games they have, so i may pick the best one. I simply only accept absolutely pristine disks, used or not, from GameStop. (Note, GameStop will often put used stickers on brand new games, if they are not selling.)

...time passes...sony now has both thumbs up its ass. i called and spoke to a customer service rep. and they are even MORE retarded over the phone than they are via e-mail. this guy actually said, "oh, yeah, we have had many THOUSANDS of inquiries about GOW2 going Greatest Hits...blah, blah, blah!" i mean, damn, you'd think with that many people hounding them about this they'd have lowered the price already. at least with microsoft you get a straight answer. their reps. are more than happy to provide release dates for different games. i'm just saying what i know through experience so, please, no need for anyone to get hostile over this. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

[quote name='jboy']How the hell did Ghost Rider go Greatest Hits and God of War 2 is STILL full price?[/quote]

They're going to milk the God of War's momentum since the series just saw a new release on the PSP. It's probably going to be a while longer.

[quote name='Alphant']Because God of War II sells a lot better than Ghost Rider at $40.[/quote]

Indeed. It's the same reason why Gears of War still isn't a PH in North America, but Viva Pinata is, despite having been released around the same time.

[quote name='wolfboy68']

... as they have never added an additional disk to Greatest Hits. (Note: I hope i am wrong on this, as i actually do not have the game, and would pick it up new, with the extra disk, for 29.99. I have a weakness for extras, but i won't pay more than $10.00 for them.) [/QUOTE]

That's not true. Marvel UA got the extra disc treatment (sure, it's just some trailers and interviews, but the cost of keeping a dvd disc to Sony is practically nil).

It'd prob. actually cost Sony more to have to redesign the package to remove the two-disc language. My guess is that it'll stay exactly the same, if not have some more stuff packaged in.

Remember, GH means it's sold a whole lot of copies, and the economic perspective isn't to grab the people who waited for $20 (that group actually doesn't make up as many ppl as you think), it's to entice those who never thought about buying the game in the first place. That's why MANY of the more recent GH games release with additional content (DMC3 SE, Virtua Fighter 4, etc.).

No, I mean who the hell BOUGHT Ghost Rider? To reach Greatest Hits status a game has to sell so many copies. Ghost Rider is suppose to be a poor knock off of the God of War games, though.

No, I mean who the hell BOUGHT Ghost Rider? To reach Greatest Hits status a game has to sell so many copies. Ghost Rider is suppose to be a poor knock off of the God of War games, though.

I have a perfect used copy I would sell for $20 shipped if any are interested. It is the 2 Disc Special Edition.. I also have GOD of War 1 that I could sell too. PM me if interested.

[quote name='spamfree2']Only GS sells MK:DD for $35... Everywhere else its been 29.99 .[/quote]

Wow big difference. Still way too much for a game that's YEARS old. That's not the only example, either.

[quote name='Vegan']Wow big difference. Still way too much for a game that's YEARS old. That's not the only example, either.[/quote]

Actually its 29.99 (NEW). GS is just a rip-off... It can be HAD for cheaper..

That's not even the point that was being made, so why are you harping on it? Anti-GS stuff doesn't need to be brought up in every topic. The point is, the game has been out for over two years. Again, this stuff is normal for first-party titles.

bread's done
Back