God of War 3 $19.99 when you trade in 2 selected games at GameStop

Azurken

CAGiversary!
So this is my first time making a thread like this.. although I don't have any pics, but I saw a poster outside the gamestop window. The guy said he will have the list of games by sunday. You can trade in 2 Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii games and have GoW3 for $20.

Sorry if I didnt do this right.

edit: alright so they finally released the list (am I late?), also i got an email from GS saying you also get a poster as well signed from the GoW3 concept artist himself, Andy Park, if you preordered. The email kind of gave an emphasis to its limited supply and store only.

>>>>> http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/gow/default.aspx?affid=3000&WT.mc_id=021610

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thatswhatshesaid']im surprised you didnt spam any of your guides for trade or 200$ in gamestop credit for once[/QUOTE]

I was getting to that....in a second.;) If for nothing I'm a shameless self promoter.

Besides which, the guides aren't for trade. They're for sale only. :D I don't need more of them cluttering up the house.:razz:

GameStop, lol

I exploited their "trade-in 7 games, get +$50 in trade-in bonus". That's a deal.. not this garbage.

Sounds good, but anyone with a pinch of common sense would avoid this deal. Not too surprised though; they've been ruining the gaming industry one shitty deal at a time for years now.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']GameStop, lol

I exploited their "trade-in 7 games, get +$50 in trade-in bonus". That's a deal.. not this garbage.

Sounds good, but anyone with a pinch of common sense would avoid this deal. Not too surprised though; they've been ruining the gaming industry one shitty deal at a time for years now.[/QUOTE]

You can thank Barnes & Noble(their parent company) for spinning them off a seperate corporation a while ago for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnes_and_noble

Video games and related items were sold in the company's GameStop retail outlets until October 2004, when the division was spun-off into an independent company.

New preorder bonus poster at GS (store only):

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/new-god-of-war-iii-pre-order-bonus-and-trailer/

4349308648_d220534f85.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Kmart and Sears have decent clearance many times. That is a good deal. What Gamestop does is prey on the idiocy of some shmucks with alot of disposable income who think nothing of buying 2-3 new release titles, then trading them in for 1/3 of what they paid and still owing them $20 or so on a new game that they're hoping the same morons trade back in for $10 a month after its release.

Luckily, most of us are too smart to fall for this 'deal'. But if you can get some of these games for $10-15 each with glitches and price errors and shit, then it becomes a tolerable 'deal'.[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me, I never just trade in a game at GS just to get rid of it for the crappy amount of money they give you. Only when I can take advantage of the deal. For example when they do the 4/$20 or +50%. I get clearance games all the time and use these deals then. Or HWV's famous $5 sale. But the trade 1 get a new game for $20 was decent since it bumped TIV up to $42 and you could then return said new game for $60 + tax.

[quote name='wildcpac']Well God of War 3 comes out in Mid March so the list is going to look like

MLB 10 The Show
Uncharted 2
COD MW 2
Bayonetta
New Super Mario Brothers
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Heavy Rain
FF 13
And every other triple A title from the last 6 months.

This deal is all sorts of fail. The real deal should be trade in 1 GAME and get GOW 3 for $20.[/QUOTE]

This x 1000

I remember I traded 2 shitty Wii games and got Fallout 3 for $20, which was a good deal for me, but I've definitely noticed the list getting lamer since then...

[quote name='royce321']trading in 2 decent games is not worth 19.99 for a gutted "new" copy of gow 3[/QUOTE]
It's not gutted if you preorder and pick up the release day.

[quote name='lovick']It's not gutted if you preorder and pick up the release day.[/QUOTE]

They don't have to gut the game, since they already gutted your wallet. I never understand why people are so lazy to give Gamestop their games for an nth of the value they paid, when they could easily throw them up on craigslist and get twice as much real money for them.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']They don't have to gut the game, since they already gutted your wallet. I never understand why people are so lazy to give Gamestop their games for an nth of the value they paid, when they could easily throw them up on craigslist and get twice as much real money for them.[/QUOTE]

There you go. Not gonna beat this dead horse but if I'm going to sell a game (which is rare occasion) CL/Amazon/Goozex are my friends.

[quote name='ConfuciusCag']There you go. Not gonna beat this dead horse but if I'm going to sell a game (which is rare occasion) CL/Amazon/Goozex are my friends.[/QUOTE]

For new games, those other alternatives are better, however, for some older games, GS's promos are really nice.

Recently, I traded in 7 games and got a bonus $50, on top of the original TIV.

Here are the games I traded in and the price I paid, and the credit I got back

Need for Speed: Undercover - paid $15, received $16.75
Burnout Paradise - paid 350 goozex points, received $14.25
Killzone 2 - paid $15, received $18.75
MLB 09: The Show - paid $15, recieved $14.25
Resistance 2 - paid $20, received $18.50
Mirror's Edge - $14, received $14

This was an awesome deal for me, since I was finished playing all of these. If I had bothered to sell those somewhere else, it would have taken me longer to receive the same, or less, amount.

[quote name='Brownjohn']For new games, those other alternatives are better, however, for some older games, GS's promos are really nice.

Recently, I traded in 7 games and got a bonus $50, on top of the original TIV.

Here are the games I traded in and the price I paid, and the credit I got back

Need for Speed: Undercover - paid $15, received $16.75
Burnout Paradise - paid 350 goozex points, received $14.25
Killzone 2 - paid $15, received $18.75
MLB 09: The Show - paid $15, recieved $14.25
Resistance 2 - paid $20, received $18.50
Mirror's Edge - $14, received $14

This was an awesome deal for me, since I was finished playing all of these. If I had bothered to sell those somewhere else, it would have taken me longer to receive the same, or less, amount.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt, but I rarely buy (even new) games there. I'm sure I'd use the credit eventually but me loves some Amazon release day delivery + $10 promo...they've got me in a vicious cycle right now. That, and I'm just not a trader, I keep everything...unless it's shit. I guess I have a thing for depreciating assets, even if I know I'll never play it again. Gotta catch em all!

You have until March 1st to score it for $10 at Blockbuster. Like others this is yet another crap offer from the gaming Czar. Long live Play N Trade.

Will gamestop accept two of the same game as a trade in for this promo?

I have two copies of punch out i got from the sams club deal.

[quote name='icpmattj']Will gamestop accept two of the same game as a trade in for this promo?

I have two copies of punch out i got from the sams club deal.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious??? :roll: You should be able to sell those online for around $40 each! Gamestop will resell your Punchout Wii for $45 each used!

yeah but for those two games i only paid $20 total.

So it would be $40 total for god of war 3 for me.

I doubt i will do it though probably just sell the games on ebay or craigslist and pay full price for GOW 3.

Can you even trade 2 of the same games in? cuz i might have a better deal than you if you can. $37 total for GOW 3 :D

I vaguely remember someone on these boards saying, gamestop doesnt take 2 of the same games for the same console. ALTHOUGH, some gamestops are more lenient and will let you get by with it. Anyways, the list is released, im surprised Midnight Club Dub edition is still worth something to GS.

I got shot down earlier this week trying to trade in two copies of the same game for the same system. They told me it used to be a judgment call on whether they could take them or not, but recently corporate has cracked down on it completely. I'm not saying any of that's true. That's just what they told me.

Obviously, there's significant internal pressure coming from somewhere not to take two copies of the same game. You might have a chance if you go to a Gamestop where you're a well known customer, on good terms with the mgr, etc. Otherwise, expect to be denied.

bump for those who are still interested, but did not get to see this ad, as their is a poster now but to bad CAG doesnt let me edit titles >.>

This has got to be their WORST trade offer EVER!!!!! The list has all the recent AAA titles so if you bought em and paid full price brand new $49.99-$59.99, Gamestop will allow you a $20 credit for them? $19.99 on top of the two games? That would make a grand total of $120-$140 for God of War III. You gotta love Gamestop, they like to screw you without any lubricants.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']This has got to be their WORST trade offer EVER!!!!! The list has all the recent AAA titles so if you bought em and paid full price brand new $49.99-$59.99, Gamestop will allow you a $20 credit for them? $19.99 on top of the two games? That would make a grand total of $120-$140 for God of War III. You gotta love Gamestop, they like to screw you without any lubricants.[/QUOTE]

Not even any KY His & Her's? :cry:

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']only game I would consider trading in is Beatles Rock Band, I am not giving up Forza 3, Mass Effect 2 or Left 4 Dead 2 for a measly $20[/QUOTE]

Some toolbag on craigslist would probably try to offer you $20 for all of those games, yet if they were selling them on craigslist, would want more than full retail price for them.

I just sold Forza 3 for $35 on Ebay and Mass Effect 2 for about $45, after fees I made about $65-68.

So yeah Gamestop can go bankrupt for all I care

Heh, looking at the list, the only reasonable options I have are an extra copy of Mario Galaxy and a Motorstorm 2 I got at Target clearance... and I see those can go for upwards of $30 on ebay... If they were lower, I'd be more inclined to bite.

All I am reading is "Trade in 2 games that you can sell for 30+ dollars on eBay and get God of War III for 20 bucks". That isn't a deal at all. GS was on a roll with the Darksiders deal and the price mistake for the 20/36% off multiple games including pre-orders ... but this is just laughable.

Sadly this is full of fail. No thanks GS, keeping the recent games I bought. Let me know if you decide to add to that list of older titles.

The trade 2 promo they had for Brutal Legend wasn't that bad. I got rid of Ghostbusters and Fallout 3. But this is just depressing. They were on a roll and just fucked up.

Here's hoping cash strapped Hollywood Video has another $5 game sale soon. Then again, if I wasn't such a greedy prick, I wouldn't have sold off all 3 copies of Midnight Club LA Complete that I had for 360 and kept one for future flipping.

But $20 a pop at Gamestop(with get $20 off any purchase promo glitch) couldn't be beat.

[quote name='dizdaz']Can you even trade 2 of the same games in? cuz i might have a better deal than you if you can. $37 total for GOW 3 :D[/QUOTE]

What kinda deal do you have in mind?

i never checked with my local GS.I'm just going to buy the game full price somewhere unless there is a good trade in deal but if not im just sell the two copies of punch out i have.Both of them should pay for my GOW3

Just so you guys know, gamestop will bump the game that isnt $20 TIV to $20 and the game that is worth more than $20 they will count its regular TIV (only if its worth more).

Actually, if you traded in Tiger Woods 2010 and NCAA Football 10 for $40 towards GOW3, that isn't that bad considering both are sports games that will probably be irrelevent soon. Just saying. Anything else isn't worth it though probably. Leave it to Gamestop. I just want to get rid of my remaining $90 in credit and never return.

The great thing about these promos is when you are in the cashier side of the register and you see how much the games on those list actually trade in for. At max you get a $10 increase on credit and that is pretty rare, typically two of those games trade in for enough to make any $60 game only cost you $20.

So this would work if I went right now and pre-ordered it? Common sense is telling me it would because it says valid starting 2/01/10, but still somewhat unsure. Prolly heading over after work tomorrow to look around, but the employees have been pretty ignorant went in comes to promotions at my location.

[quote name='sunnysky']What is Midnight Club: L.A. Complete? I have the game, but I don't remember seeing "Complete" in the title.[/QUOTE]

Greatest Hits or Platinum versions with the DLC.

can I do this deal then switch my credit to another game? I was hoping to save $40 on Final Fantasy 13 instead

was planning to trade Pokemon Battle Revolution and WarioWare: Smooth Moves in

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']can I do this deal then switch my credit to another game? I was hoping to save $40 on Final Fantasy 13 instead

was planning to trade Pokemon Battle Revolution and WarioWare: Smooth Moves in[/QUOTE]

No, it only applies to God of War III. If you want to get rid of those games, put them on eBay. Battle Rev can get a decent return since it's never on sale and WarioWare Smooth Moves is out of print.

bread's done
Back