God Of War 3 $49.99 new @ gamestop

Wow, a $10 price drop already? Or is it simply a sale?

According to their site it's a price drop. Hopefully that means it'll be $45 used next and becomes available online, allowing us to smack it with the EDGE+CAG combo of getting 26% off.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Wow, a $10 price drop already? Or is it simply a sale?

According to their site it's a price drop. Hopefully that means it'll be $45 used next and becomes available online, allowing us to smack it with the EDGE+CAG combo of getting 26% off.[/QUOTE]
That is what I am waiting for.

It is a Sony title and it is easy for them to cut $10 off quickly, just like Microsoft can and does do. There is a built in $10 that goes directly to Microsoft/Sony (I dont know how Nintendo operates) for every game sold, what companies usually do is when they break even with a product and want to continue the sales trend, they will cut the retail price, which they have done or pull back the supply to increase demand (Nintendo). It is not because the sales drop drastically.

GS knocked $10 off many games in the past few months. I'm pretty sure MW2 was $50 after a month. I think they're just trying to compete...

[quote name='VipFREAK']2nd one sucked. Not surprised.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Huh? I'm confused by what point you're trying to make. How does your personal opinion about a 3-year old game have anything to do with the recently released GOW3 (which is getting rave reviews and selling very well)?

[quote name='Scorch']After the first week or two, I think sales dropped off dramatically.[/QUOTE]
Well, that goes without saying for just about every popular, highly anticiplated game.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Huh? I'm confused by what point you're trying to make. How does your personal opinion about a 3-year old game have anything to do with the recently released GOW3 (which is getting rave reviews and selling very well)?[/quote]

And since when does a price drop = a shitty game? Wasn't AC2 $40 a few weeks after release? And I know I paid less than $50 for Uncharted 2 when it was released.

I can never justify paying over $20 for a 10 hour hack-n-slash.

Great games, I just don't get enough value from them. I'll probably rent this for a weekend someday.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was expecting a Gears Of War 3 pre-order deal :/

GoWIII = God Of War III
GoW3 = Gears Of War 3

;)[/QUOTE]
Or they could just spell out the name of the game.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']Or they could just spell out the name of the game.[/QUOTE]

But that would make too much sense.

That is one of my peeves, when people don't put the full title in the name of the thread and also when there's no pricing. Drives me bonkers :bomb:

Actually... action/platformer games seem to drop quicker nowadays than FPS games. I think some of it has to do with consumer value to retain it (FPS' usually have an active multiplayer component, whereas most an action/platformer game gets old to the mainstream unless it's quickly sustained with DLC). Probably just decrease in demand; 65% of the people that wanted this game probably bought it in the first week.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']But that would make too much sense.

That is one of my peeves, when people don't put the full title in the name of the thread and also when there's no pricing. Drives me bonkers :bomb:[/QUOTE]

On any other forum I've always seen Gears of War written as "GeOW" to avoid confusion.

I would recommend renting this one guys... 9 hours long with no multiplayer.

People claim they'll replay the story mode 100 times but let's be realistic here, you'll beat it once and MIGHT go back for seconds but most people won't touch it ever again.

GoWIII = God Of War III
GoW3 = Gears Of War 3

;)[/QUOTE]

This! :applause: LOL.
:roll: but maybe soon.

[quote name='panzerfaust']On any other forum I've always seen Gears of War written as "GeOW" to avoid confusion.[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly a stranger to online gaming forums, but I can honestly say I have never seen Gears abbreviated in that fashion.

[quote name='geohouse']Still too much I'll wait till it hit $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

yup only worth a rental or purchase around $20, has zero longevity

Wai... wah? Huh? I personally enjoyed it more than the first game. 1 had a better story and more originality, but 2 was all around funner to play.

Regardless, I definitely wouldn't buy them full priced. I played the first hour or so (right after the threesome, lol) of the 1st back when it came out through rental then never came back. I just got the GoW collection and loved it. But those were two games for a cheap price. Each game averaged about 10 hours for me, and I paid $25 for it. Give or take I basically spent a $1 for each hour of entertainment. That's a good deal.

But this is another 10 hour game, and paying $50 for that, while tempting, isn't a good deal. I wanna play this game, but I rather wait and feel less buyers remorse and deal with feeling left behind, then chuck out money for something I can beat in a couple afternoons.

Ultimately, when I buy an expensive game and don't get much time out of it I feel like I've been ripped off, even if the length is just fine and the game was fantastic. There are a few exceptions tho, like No More Heroes 2, where I just feel warm and fuzzy inside for spending $50 on it.

But Kratos don't need my warm and fuzzy. No he don't.

Oops, forgot this was a deals topic.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm not exactly a stranger to online gaming forums, but I can honestly say I have never seen Gears abbreviated in that fashion.[/QUOTE]

GeoW or GeOW is the way I see it written everywhere.

God of War 3 is $49.99 - $6.75 (15NEW) - $5.00 (10AUTO) + Free Shipping (SAVER) = $38.24

Not bad

Last edited by a moderator:

GoWIII = God Of War III
GoW3 = Gears Of War 3

;)[/QUOTE]

why would anyone want to preorder gears of war 3?

i remember i jumped into gow2 and then go turned off by the laggy multiplayer.
horrible experience.

[quote name='mitnosi']GL with that :p[/QUOTE]

And I'll remember your post come Black Friday this year when it's $30 or less. With my backlog, I'm in no rush. ;)

(Plus it's sold over 1 million since launch, methinks the used market in 6 mos. time will drive prices down so much it will be bargain basement sometime around Oct. - Christmas time, just watch)

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I would recommend renting this one guys... 9 hours long with no multiplayer.

People claim they'll replay the story mode 100 times but let's be realistic here, you'll beat it once and MIGHT go back for seconds but most people won't touch it ever again.[/QUOTE]That and the game honestly isn't even all that great and I'm a moderate to huge fan of the series. To me it's easily the weakest game in the trilogy (I even prefer the CoO to it) and the game just became really underwhelming after the opening scenes.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']GeoW or GeOW is the way I see it written everywhere.[/QUOTE]

not to push the thread any further away from the point than it already is, but,
I've always abbreviated it as Gears, and found most of the people that were big into it did the same. Gears, Gears2, Gears3. (I realize it's not really an abreviation, but after being bitched at by a God of War fan for typing Gears of War as GOW or GoW, I began to just write it the way me and my peers said it: "Wanna play some Gears?")

idunno, that's my take on it. *shrugs

GoWIII = God Of War III
GoW3 = Gears Of War 3

;)[/QUOTE]

gowiii=god of war 3
gow3 still = god of war 3

gears of war 3 or geow3. not gow3

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']not to push the thread any further away from the point than it already is, but,
I've always abbreviated it as Gears, and found most of the people that were big into it did the same. Gears, Gears2, Gears3. (I realize it's not really an abreviation, but after being bitched at by a God of War fan for typing Gears of War as GOW or GoW, I began to just write it the way me and my peers said it: "Wanna play some Gears?")

idunno, that's my take on it. *shrugs[/QUOTE]

Gears just makes more sense. That's how I've always referred to it. It actually bugs me when people refer to Gears as GoW.

shit, of course this happens the day after I placed an order using the 10 and 25 % off coupons. Made it ~44 after tax. Hmmm, I bought it new figuring sony first party games take forever to drop, if ever (I mean, look at how long Uncharted 1, Heavenly Sword, etc took). Might just return and wait for the price to keep dropping.

Here's a brief anecdote about GameStop and a one-month $10 price drop. They advertised Borderlands for $10 off like three weeks after it came out and all the copies the store I went to carried were not factory sealed or were blatantly shrink-wrapped (poorly). The shrink-wrapped copy I received had fingerprints on the disc and missing promotional material. I don't know if they were used copies illegally repackaged, damaged copies, employee-rented copies that still qualify as "new" for some fucking reason or what (there were a good 10-20 of them in slipshod state). I'm not saying this is the case with God of War III, just sharing.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does that mean the Ultimate Edition is also $10 cheaper?[/QUOTE]
IDK how much it is in your neck of the woods, but it was $80 here as of last week.

Any idea what a used GOW going for?

Seen it as "gears", seen it as "GeoW" and as "GOW".
when it's a game you care about you'll look. no matter what the consensus says.

But it is sad that people are more interested in how to refer to gears of war than they are in the god of war price drop.

...in a god of war post.

bread's done
Back