God Of War 3 $49.99 new @ gamestop

[quote name='Fuzi0n']God of War 3 is $49.99 - $6.75 (15NEW) - $5.00 (10AUTO) + Free Shipping (SAVER) = $38.24

Not bad[/QUOTE]

That was an extremely helpful post, thanks. The cart claimed I couldn't apply SAVER once I got to the final page, but it still applied a $2.99 credit against handling, so I still got the free shipping.

I had a $25 e-rewards gift cert, so total OTD for me was only $16.59 including tax. Awesome!

[quote name='Fuzi0n']God of War 3 is $49.99 - $6.75 (15NEW) - $5.00 (10AUTO) + Free Shipping (SAVER) = $38.24

Not bad[/QUOTE]

Yes very good.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was expecting a Gears Of War 3 pre-order deal :/

GoWIII = God Of War III
GoW3 = Gears Of War 3

;)[/QUOTE]

Everybody hide! Abbreviation police is around!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']But that would make too much sense.

That is one of my peeves, when people don't put the full title in the name of the thread and also when there's no pricing. Drives me bonkers :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yeah me too. How hard is to type the name of the game, highlight, Control (Ctrl) c, and Control (Ctrl) V when you need to use the name of the game again?

"duhhh, so i wuz playin ME on mai Xbawks 360, got halfway threw it and duhhhh, gawt boread of it and put it away. That game duhhhhhhh suckz. lol!!!1"

Mass Effect or Mirrors Edge? Answer: Laziness.

[quote name='dennisb407']IDK how much it is in your neck of the woods, but it was $80 here as of last week.

Any idea what a used GOW going for?[/QUOTE]
If the UE is $80, then it should be $70 right now, correct?

Order confirmed. $41.68 shipped with tax included.

Almost 8 bucks cheaper than Amazon. I'm amazed. (Gamestop shipped next day last time.)

I really didn't need another game... but I have a hard time passing up good deals.

Here's one for you:

1. Preordered Bad Company 2 from Amazon
2. Got $20 coupon
3. Used $20 coupon to get God of War III for 34.99
4. Got $10 coupon
5. Traded God of War III for the game I really wanted (Heavy Rain) thus getting that for $34.99 instead of $59.99
6. Used $10 coupon to get Tekken for $7 from Amazon
7. Eventually went on to get God of War III for $38.24 + tax

Somewhere in there I picked up Little Big Planet GOTY for $25.

So that's:

Bad Company 2
Heavy Rain
Tekken
Little Big Planet
and God of War III and I *still* haven't paid full price yet!

[quote name='rainless']Order confirmed. $41.68 shipped with tax included.

Almost 8 bucks cheaper than Amazon. I'm amazed. (Gamestop shipped next day last time.)

I really didn't need another game... but I have a hard time passing up good deals.

Here's one for you:

1. Preordered Bad Company 2 from Amazon
2. Got $20 coupon
3. Used $20 coupon to get God of War III for 34.99
4. Got $10 coupon
5. Traded God of War III for the game I really wanted (Heavy Rain) thus getting that for $34.99 instead of $59.99
6. Used $10 coupon to get Tekken for $7 from Amazon
7. Eventually went on to get God of War III for $38.24 + tax

Somewhere in there I picked up Little Big Planet GOTY for $25.

So that's:

Bad Company 2
Heavy Rain
Tekken
Little Big Planet
and God of War III and I *still* haven't paid full price yet![/QUOTE]

Technically you paid full price for Bad Company 2

[quote name='jsvalmont']Technically you paid full price for Bad Company 2[/QUOTE]

No I didn't. I paid $54.99! :D:applause:

I know this is not the place to ask this but when do you guys think Uncharted 2 will get a price drop?

Anyway, now that God of War is ten bucks cheaper, I dont know what to get. U2 or GOW 3? Keep in mind that I only have enough money for one game only.

Incredible game; glad it topped 1 million sales in the US last month. Took me 11 hours to get through it so I guess for some that's not worth $50, but considering it was probably the most fun I've had playing a game (outside ME2) this past year, I was more than happy to support the devs with my purchase. Don't really care the game doesn't have MP; if it isn't CoD, BC2, or TF2, odds are I'm just going to try the MP for a couple days and then go back to those 3. Not really a selling point for me.

[quote name='Narufan_07']I know this is not the place to ask this but when do you guys think Uncharted 2 will get a price drop?

Anyway, now that God of War is ten bucks cheaper, I dont know what to get. U2 or GOW 3? Keep in mind that I only have enough money for one game only.[/QUOTE]

What are you kidding?

Uncharted 2. No contest.

I'd still say Arkham Asylum was the best game that came out last year. But if you're talking about console exclusive... nothing came close to Uncharted 2.

You're talking about angry-ass Kratos (AGAIN!) running around on his homoerotic single player quest ("ZEUS! I you but I can't bring myself to admit it!") vs. Nate, two hot women, and dozens of hours of fun on the multiplayer side (that they're still continually updating btw...)

There's really no contest.

Not bad[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I ended up at $41.30 shipped after tax. The title to this thread needs to be updated to reflect this - $40 for GOW3 is much easier for me to rationalize than $50.

I ended up at $41.30 shipped after tax.

ggg.jpg

To save even a bit more, just add a pre-order game to your order and use the 25off code for more savings. Once God of War III ships, just simply cancel your pre-order (you don't get charged for pre-orders until the game actually ships).

I did this last week and it worked fine. On top of that, after the price drop I decided to return my copy of God of War III in-store and I was able to get the money credited to my credit card when I originally purchased with GS credit.

That is exploiting the system, and it's shit like that which ultimately makes deals hard to come by.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I would recommend renting this one guys... 9 hours long with no multiplayer.

People claim they'll replay the story mode 100 times but let's be realistic here, you'll beat it once and MIGHT go back for seconds but most people won't touch it ever again.[/QUOTE]

It took me like 20 hours to get through it the first time around, although that was on Titan difficulty with me having little-to-no action game or God of War experience. Plus, I still have the challenge modes and the Chaos difficulty to tackle, which offer even more of a challenge.

I'd say I got my money's worth with this game.

bread's done
Back