God of War 3 @ gamefly $21.99 plus shipping and tax $28.XX

I can get this for $16.10 with my 10% and $5.00 off coupon code BUT I won't since I've rented the game, beat it and thought it was pretty bad compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Thanks anyway OP.

Thanks OP.

I'm in the same boat as ryushe (except that I enjoyed it more than they did.) Not looking to pick it up, but that's a good price considering how PS3 games are when they come from Gamefly.

I noticed this yesterday. Gonna wait til they have their end of the month sale so I can hopefully get it with free shipping.

[quote name='ryushe']I can get this for $16.10 with my 10% and $5.00 off coupon code BUT I won't since I've rented the game, beat it and thought it was pretty bad compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

I felt it was easily the best in the series. To each their own I guess.

Great price for a fantastic game though. Gamefly PS3 games are almost always perfect as well, so anyone on the fence should definitely jump in on the deal.

yeah it was a good game --and the graphics cut scenes were amazing for all you stoners out there spark up a bit throw the game in n youll love the first few minutes right of the bat-21 is the perfect price-

and i bet any money by the time your done with it youll still be able to get $15-20 trade in-

[quote name='ryushe']I can get this for $16.10 with my 10% and $5.00 off coupon code BUT I won't since I've rented the game, beat it and thought it was pretty bad compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

The second one, to me, is definitely the best one, but I wouldn't say that the third one is "bad" compared to the first two. The third one definitely had its moments and truly took my breath away its grand scale.

Great deal IMO, and great find OP!

Great deal for this game!

Most visually impressive game of the year.

Weakest storytelling of the series though, PSP's Chain of Olympus included.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']

Weakest storytelling of the series though, PSP's Chain of Olympus included.[/QUOTE]

I endorse this comment 100%. :)

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Most visually impressive game of the year.[/QUOTE]I agree...up until the half-way point where it began to look a little funky at parts (Zeus's Dreadlocks for example).

Weakest storytelling of the series though, PSP's Chain of Olympus included.
:applause:

This is what bugged me so much about the game. GoW1 was an awesome entry into the series, showcasing a pretty messed up individual who had a deeper story as you went on. GoW2 showed the rise and fall of this man and his quest for revenge that would literally shake the heavens. Hell, even the PSP game, despite its bit-sized nature, even had pretty good story bits (especially the points leading up into ending). GoW3 on the other hand threw away the character you knew as Kratos and made him into a tantrum throwing vicious, mad dog with nothing more than vengeance and killing on his mind. He even sacrificed the entire world in order to do so and not ONCE took responsibility for what he did, especially since almost everything that happened that lead up unto that point was his fault.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much expected it to turn out as such, but when the story falters at the half-way point and just ends, with a pretty silly plot-twist to boot, that's when I proclaimed it as the worst entry in the series (storywise) by far.

OP should update the information in the original post. This is not like the normal Gamefly free shipping sales, tax and shipping bring it up to $28.51 which is pretty close to the new game sales of late. I'll hold off for now.

[quote name='SDC']Haha, flips to gazelle for $25.
Clarification: Please don't do this.[/QUOTE]

If you flip this you'll only make about $2 profit. Limit: 2, tax and shipping get in the way. :(

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']If you flip this you'll only make about $2 profit. Limit: 2, tax and shipping get in the way. :([/QUOTE]

you will make no profit after shipping and tax. great game though i loved it

bread's done
Back