God of War 3: Ultimate Edition $29.99 USED at Morgantown, WV Super Walmart

haize

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
OK so a new "gamestop type" of store opened inside of my local Walmart called Game Trade. Supposedly Game Trade is a new video game trading franchise owned by Walmart and a bunch of them just opened up. The Manager told me more Walmarts will be opening up Game Trade stores soon too. They have a whole tower of GoW3: Ultimate Editions for sale for $29.99. This was at the Morgantown, WV store. I tried looking for a website to locate more stores but they dont have a website yet. My store just opened on 06/06/10 so you might want to check your local walmarts.

EDIT: Found out all store locations (thanks mitch079!!!)

Wal-Mart 5129
6210 Annapolis Rd
Landover Hills, MD 20784
301-772-5670

Wal-Mart 4387
25 Tobias Boland Way
Worcester, MA 01607
508-753-1531

Wal-Mart 3795
2100 88th St.
North Bergen, NJ 07047
201-868-1530

Wal-Mart 5476
820 Cooper St.
Woodbury, NJ 08096
856-845-7497

Wal-Mart 2083
215 4H Camp Rd.
Morgantown, WV 26508
304-284-0454

This is a great deal for anyone who bought the standard edition of GoW3 because you can trade it in for $24 with current promos @ gamestop.
img0486v.jpg

I did some more research on "Game Trade" and found out some fun facts:

-They are prohibited by Walmart from selling anything new/sealed and all the new games in the walmart electronic section have stickers on them that say something to the effect of "Trade it in when your done to Game Trade and keep on gaming"

-Currently Game Trade only gives cash for trade ins, cant complain there!

-They only accept complete games (Original manual and case)

-All of their used games come resealed via their own shrink wrapping

-They have playable kiosks set up and will let you open and try any game before you buy it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up OP, is this only at Super Wal-Marts? If so, I have a couple in the area I need to stop by and see if this store is in the works there.

[quote name='KillerRamen']It would be nice if Wal-Mart got an actual videogame section.[/QUOTE]

My walmart has a huge videogame section.

Was this a joke? I don't get it...

[quote name='Sizu']Is that new or used?[/QUOTE]
Its Used, but its strange because it was complete, non of the codes were used and all the original packing materials were inside. The only thing that appeared to be opened was the game disc case. Its also strange because how do you get so many used units of a collectors edition in complete condition with unused codes.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Thanks for the heads up OP, is this only at Super Wal-Marts? If so, I have a couple in the area I need to stop by and see if this store is in the works there.[/QUOTE]
The Wal-Mart i bought it at was a Super Walmart. I believe those are the only ones that have other small stores inside. (Haircut Salons, Subway, Eyewear Shops)

I would like to find one of these as well, but I assume there are probably like 12 Game Trade locations in existence at this point. I'm too lazy to call 15 Wal-Marts asking a question the customer service doesn't know how to answer.

[quote name='freshzen']I would like to find one of these as well, but I assume there are probably like 12 Game Trade locations in existence at this point. I'm too lazy to call 15 Wal-Marts asking a question the customer service doesn't know how to answer.[/QUOTE]

There are 5 locations, at least according to some of the news articles i found. None of them mentioned where.

boys, I just put in the email to the site, hopefully we get a response by tomorrow, if so, I will post locations, so you guys can all race eachother to pick up those GOW3 bundles, haha.

logo.gif

wow, that site is associated with walmart? Cause that logo looks like it was made in MS Paint.

Shirley, walmart has some photoshop experts in house?

That being said, very nice find OP. kudos.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']My walmart has a huge videogame section.

Was this a joke? I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

Really, every Wally World has huge VG dept now. WTF?

Definitely tagged for later, hopefully one of my walmart is a test store. But i would love to see what other offers they have right now besides the GOW deal.

This stinks. I remember going to my Walmart a week or two ago and seeing this being constructed. I came by again today to see if it was finished but it was gone. No sign of it at all.

Looks like this a test case with 5 locations:
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/walmart-confirms-entry-into-used-games-market/

In a statement to IndustryGamers, the retailer said, “Walmart is always looking for new ways to help give customers more convenience and savings, and we continually test concepts with new products and businesses in stores and online. We are currently working with Game Trade, a start-up services provider, in a lease agreement to test their Game Trade stores in five Walmart locations.”
It's not just about used games, however. The Walmart spokesperson continued, "These locations will offer previously-owned games, movies and entertainment hardware at competitive values. Game Trade stores will accept trade-ins of media and other entertainment items for Game Trade store credit or cash."

You'd think they would want to release information on where these test stores are so people could, I don't know, go buy games there.

[quote name='vessey632']You'd think they would want to release information on where these test stores are so people could, I don't know, go buy games there.[/QUOTE]

That's business 1.0. Walmart is now onto business 3.0: the speakeasy model.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/10/walmart-trying-used-games-market-again/2

comments section - wiredtolain @ May 10th 2010 8:30PM

I can confirm this as I will be employed at a local Walmart when our store is built. The stores will be in Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA and Morgantown, WV, if I remember correctly. The store (Game Trade) will be housed at the front of the store, say next to Subway. I was told we would be taking previously used games for credit, etc. and repairing scratched games. The store should also have running consoles so customers can play games, like in the games area of existing Walmarts.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']High fellow Morgantown person! Which Walmart was this? By Target or out by I68?[/QUOTE]

It was the one out by I68

I did some more research on "Game Trade" and found out some fun facts:

-They are prohibited by Walmart from selling anything new/sealed and all the new games in the walmart electronic section have stickers that say something to the effect of "Trade it in when your done to Game Trade and keep on gaming"

-Currently Game Trade only gives cash for trade ins, cant complain there!

-They only accept complete games (Original manual and case)

-All of their used games come resealed via their own shrink wrapping

-They have playable kiosks set up and will let you open and try any game before you buy it.

Wow they sound like a really user friendly trading experiance, If they have good TIV values and can strike some kind of deal with WalMart for lets say like +10% trade in value for WalMart credit, GameStop will be raped. Prison raped.

oh yea, I agree havoksend.

I visited that FB page, damn, that place looks legit, I hope it does well and gives GS some nice competition, because, as all you guys have been saying, competition is better for us.

would somebody be able to pick one up and ship it? i live in new york and am unable to go to a walmart. Bastard mom and pop shops (Not really) won't allow a walmart here.

Please contact me if you are able to do it and is not that far from new york i will pay a little extra.

Wal-Mart 3795
2100 88th St.
North Bergen, NJ 07047
201-868-1530

Sweet! They moved it to the Walmart even CLOSER to me! So checking this place out tomorrow.

There is also a Gamestop in the same plaza. I hope they have themselves some good pricing competitions!

[quote name='confoosious']
Shirley, walmart has some photoshop experts in house?[/QUOTE]
Don't call me Shirley.

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Nice find indeed. I'll have to keep an eye out for these stores.

I ntoiced that Gametrade thing at the Walmart in North Bergen the other day. I didn't think much of it, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

hmm, the Walmart in North Bergen is open 24 hours, but im guessing the gametrade isnt :\ does it say what time it opens up? cause i might head over tomorrow after work :D

[quote name='King7054']hmm, the Walmart in North Bergen is open 24 hours, but im guessing the gametrade isnt :\ does it say what time it opens up? cause i might head over tomorrow after work :D[/QUOTE]
North Bergen, NJ Store Hours:

Sunday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
Friday-Saturday: 10am-12am

Looks like there are 3 Bergen County CAG's here.

[quote name='Envel']North Bergen, NJ Store Hours:

Sunday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
Friday-Saturday: 10am-12am

Looks like there are 3 Bergen County CAG's here.[/QUOTE]

perfect, right after work :p, and DarkRider, start off from the begining of West Side Ave from the Secaucus side! lol

LOL...that website is...atrocious. Understandable if it's just placeholder graphics, but it looks like they just bought/used a template site & threw it together in 5 minutes or less.

Oddly enough that reminds me of the site for my friend's dad, whom is a doctor (chemist) & runs his own consulting company.

This was the website before I started working on it: http://dragun.com/

Apparently when that site was created, he paid some guy $1500 to make that "logo". He also didn't want to change the logo because he had already paid someone to make it...even though my brother in law offered to do it for FREE.

:roll:

[quote name='Vader582']Don't call me Shirley.

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Nice find indeed. I'll have to keep an eye out for these stores.[/QUOTE]

for some reason, that pun still cracks me up.

Walmart continues its quest for world domination of the retail market, it seems. I can't possibly complain about another video game store to shop at, but if this becomes nationwide GameStop is more or less doomed.

I would LOVE to pick the GoW III: UE up, especially for $30. But TN isn't one of the 5 test areas. :(

bread's done
Back