God of War 39.99@Media Play

Could PM that at CC and get it cheaper, not bad.. suprising since MP is usually high. CC has it for the same price sorta, 49.99 with a $10 GC.. I wonder if you could PM at CC and still get the $10 GC.. hmm..

Where is Medai Play? Do they have a website where I can Store Locate? I don't get any ads from them... =/ Googling "Media Play" only returned Media Player stuff.

>_> No... I never did. I've stopped slapping a .com at the end of stuff... that sometimes ends... not pleasantly. =D

Edit: Media Play won't let me search for a store. IT keeps telling me "Session Ended." Anybody know what the problem is? I've tried going back to the search page from the front page, but that didn't help.

Based on what I have seen in the ad this looks like it was a price mistake. Because everything else that is listed for 39.99 is regularly priced at 39.99 but God of War will be 49.99. So I think that everyone that wants it that didn't pre-order should take this ad to CC and find out if you can still get the 10 dollar gift card.

What CC does with the gift card is they make the game 39.99 and make you buy a $10 gift card. So they might use that as a loop hole. But its worth a shot!

[quote name='siamesellama']All (most) Sony published titles are $39.99.[/quote]

Except the more adult ones that will sell very well like Killzone or Gods of War.

[quote name='siamesellama']All (most) Sony published titles are $39.99.[/quote]
tell that to Sony who set the MSRP at $49.99.

Does anyone have a scan of this ad or is the flyer available instore? I would love to jump all over this deal after all the great things I have been hearing about GoW. This game looks like a must have.

This advertisement was in the Sunday Paper and it is available in store. They normally have a lot of copies of their ads, so you shouldn't have a problem of getting this ad in store.

[quote name='cdeener']Based on what I have seen in the ad this looks like it was a price mistake. Because everything else that is listed for 39.99 is regularly priced at 39.99 but God of War will be 49.99. So I think that everyone that wants it that didn't pre-order should take this ad to CC and find out if you can still get the 10 dollar gift card.[/quote]

Yeah, anyone who is willing to try this out, please let us know. thanks.

I think most places that do PMing wouldn't let you get away with PM as well as getting the gift certificate. Maybe try grabbing the game full price, get the card and then PM it after purchase? I dunno, my CC is run by crazed managers who hate me, so I don't try to do anything iffy at the store.

I just picked it up from Media Play for this price. They admitted the mistake and honored the price regardless. No hassle or anything...pretty cool for this amazing game!

I had mine PM at Gamestop. They have a new policy that if you ask they will do it. Employee there told me that they aren't announcing it though. I had the ad with me.

bread's done
Back