God of War Collection $25 @ BB w/Promo

Saraph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy. This is what is listed on my receipt...

God of War Collection 19.99
10.00 Pack Disc
Tax 1.20

God of War III 5.00
Tax 0.30
Escape Sku 0.00
VG Presell Escape Sku
-----------
Subtotal 24.99
Sales Tax Amount 1.50
=========

So yes, you can essentially get the game for only $20 right now. In a week I'll go back and get my $5 back. Even so, I still got $5 off! I'm loving these two, enjoy!

Well if I remember correctly, you got a special $10 discount towards the God of War Collection when you preorder for the upcoming God of War III. Additionally, since the game now cost $29.99, that's the reason why the game ended up costing you $19.99. It's a deal but one I'm pretty sure the populace here already knew about. Also, I don't know how it would work to get your preorder refunded and staying with the $10 credit.

I just rather wait until the Collection hits the $19.99 price range since I own both games on the PS2.

Interesting ... but since the $10 off was a promo for pre-purchasing, if you return the pre-purchase, would you get anything back?

[quote name='iHack']Is there a coupon to bring to the store? and does BB give a pre-order exclusive for GOW3?[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't bother reading the first post or anything after it.

How long is this promo going to last? Also I think I'll wait to see what happens on the canceled pre-order first.

[quote name='flix1']Interesting ... but since the $10 off was a promo for pre-purchasing, if you return the pre-purchase, would you get anything back?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about in store, but if you return the pre purchase online BB will charge you the $10. You could keep the pre purchase and never actually buy the game to keep the $10 off though.

Damn, the Goozex points value for this game is 1000. If anyone's interested in cheap Goozex points then flip this on that site. I'm sure a ton of Goozex users will be stoked to get shipped a sealed copy of the game.

[quote name='flix1']Interesting ... but since the $10 off was a promo for pre-purchasing, if you return the pre-purchase, would you get anything back?[/QUOTE]

I returned my GoW3 preorder I used to buy this game for $29.99 the day it came out. They refunded me the $5 in full.

[quote name='shingletingle']Obviously you didn't bother reading the first post or anything after it.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I did or I wouldn't be asking the question... He/She lists their receipt, not mentioning how... How about you read some more before posting, kthxs...

[quote name='iHack']Obviously I did or I wouldn't be asking the question... He/She lists their receipt, not mentioning how... How about you read some more before posting, kthxs...[/QUOTE]

In the PS3 isle there is a GOWIII cardboard box voucher. When I went they had a ton of them. You take that and the game to the counter. There you go, $5 off GOW Collection.

I've got an alternative method involving Best Buy...purchase 5 copies of Sudoku Ball detective for the DS for $0 with the Reward Zone Gamers Coupon, trade them in to 3 different Gamestops for $6 each, get the credit on an edge card, and then buy GOW Collection at gamestop with the credit. Net - $0 except gas and time.

[quote name='Ronin317']I've got an alternative method involving Best Buy...purchase 5 copies of Sudoku Ball detective for the DS for $0 with the Reward Zone Gamers Coupon, trade them in to 3 different Gamestops for $6 each, get the credit on an edge card, and then buy GOW Collection at gamestop with the credit. Net - $0 except gas and time.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, the TIV @ GS for SBD tanked to $1/per copy. I think BBV is $6. However you're most likely limited to 2 copies per store. Plus unless BBV has something you're interested in, you'd have to put it towards a preorder of a new game. Which that isn't a bad deal either.

bread's done
Back