God Of War Demo

Cracka

CAG Newbie
did anybody else get this demo? I just got one in the mail today but i havent had time to check it out.

Damn, I have to find some place to sign up for this. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but the videos made my jaw drop.

I got mine in the mail today also, from PlayStation Underground. Great game, I enjoyed the demo from start to finish.

I hope I get one in the mail too. I played the demo extensively but decided against pre-ordering....I'm against the idea of pre-ordering but the preview was offered.

I hope I get one . The only specific game demo I ever got was Downhill Domination {which I liked better than SSX} . I occasionally get Undeground discs , the last one I got was the corrected version of the dreaded holiday demo disc . Did anyone else get that one . I never register my games , but I sent for my free TMB online disc . Oh well , I hope I get one too . This game is second to GT4 in my book , as far as PS2 upcoming releases .

I hope I get it, I've been waiting for this one since I saw the interview and developer's playthrough of the game at E3. It looked awesome then and looks awesome now, can't wait for it to come out.

It's like rygar, but fun and entertaining. Same kind of physics, but with more things you can do. Pretty much just a hack-n-slash, but a damn good one

Holy fuck! That an entertaining demo!!! I was interested in the game before, but now I'm chomping at the fucking bit! Anyone see the list of "treasures" on there. It's like a damn DVD.

[quote name='Richlough']I occasionally get Undeground discs , the last one I got was the corrected version of the dreaded holiday demo disc . Did anyone else get that one .[/quote]

They sent me two copies of the corrected one...

yes besides the demo, the disc also has "a god of war teaser, 'making of' video and director commentary.

Anyone want mine? (playstation is broken for the time being) If you've got any crap you want to unload be my guess, hell I might just give it away (it's like a what? buck to ship).

I got mine today also. All I can say is that I would preorder this if Outpost.com has one of there sweet preorder deals. I think this one is going to live up to the hype. Even if outpost doesn't have a deal, I'm sure shortly after it's released, Target or Circuit City will have a sale on it. I think it will be worth $39.99.

Get it. Play it. Love it.

Hey, u guys remember a while back that I told u guys i got a job as a game tester, well God Of War is the game I was assigned to. I can't tell you guys anything about it because I signed a form stating so but I will tell you this, BUY THIS GAME!!!!! I have finished it almost 10 times now and still love every minute of it. The cinematics alone are worth the purchase. This game is going to be one to remember.

[quote name='TheMoor']Hey, u guys remember a while back that I told u guys i got a job as a game tester, well God Of War is the game I was assigned to. I can't tell you guys anything about it because I signed a form stating so but I will tell you this, BUY THIS GAME!!!!! I have finished it almost 10 times now and still love every minute of it. The cinematics alone are worth the purchase. This game is going to be one to remember.[/quote]

BullSH*T.......

Nah, just f*ckin with you. Where did you get a job testing? For who and where is the location?

I'm guessing this demo doesn't cause any problems with the ps2 memory card? I was about to put it in, but remembered what happend to some of the last underground demos that came out and just wanted to make sure. I don't want to lose my CoN characters with the sequel coming out next week.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I'm guessing this demo doesn't cause any problems with the ps2 memory card? I was about to put it in, but remembered what happend to some of the last underground demos that came out and just wanted to make sure. I don't want to lose my CoN characters with the sequel coming out next week.[/quote]

I got this demo in the mail and did what I have done since the Holiday Demo Disaster(TM) - I took out both my memory card before playing. Better safe than sorry. Plus I was on the last mission in GTA: San Andreas.

Got this in the mail today (at work). I'll have to check it out tonight.

But yeah, I might take out the memory card first. :)

There's no need to take the memory card out. I just beat the demo for the second time and watched the 3 videos. The videos are actually worth watching, they're pretty interesting. One of them is a trailer, which I thought was cool. I might have to get this game at launch.

Hey all, I have a quick question, what do I do when I go up to the part where theres like 6 of em shooting at me with arrows? I can't get up there...

[quote name='dmpolska']Hey all, I have a quick question, what do I do when I go up to the part where theres like 6 of em shooting at me with arrows? I can't get up there...[/quote]

Push the crate to the other side and jump on it to get up to the archers

yea that crate moving was kinda tricky... kept getting broken right when i got it to the other side... finally got it after a couple of tries though

[quote name='Cracka']yea that crate moving was kinda tricky... kept getting broken right when i got it to the other side... finally got it after a couple of tries though[/quote]

I just kicked it until the archers couldn't hit me anymore and then pushed it. Works good.

I have 70 copies of the demo I would love to hand out.

First 70 to send an email to: [email protected]
will get a copy.

Not sure if we will overnight or do 3 day mail, etc....will know more tommorow. First I just wanna get a list together and then get them sent.

So, if you want a copy, send your address and phone # (in case we do fed ex) to:

[email protected]

David

ps. THIS IS AN M RATED GAME. IT IS VIOLENT....if you are under 17 you really should let your parents know you are getting this demo....

pps. If you like/love/hate the demo, please let to GOW team know. We are very eager to hear your thoughts...thanks!

I got that from the creator of the game's blog. He posted it on 1/30/05, so hopefully some of you guys can still get a copy. I want everyone to have the chance to try this game out.

Here's a direct link to his blog: www.davidjaffe.modblog.com

Tried this out a little bit last night...All I can say is WOW!!! This looks like it will end up being a killer game. It was getting late and it made me stay up...I just wanted to keep playing it.

I got it on Tuesday. Its okay, a mix between PoP and DMC. I didn't really like those games so I'm not really looking forward to it. I died during the double dragon battle.

Yup - it kicks ass.

That was not a dragon, it was a hydra -- learn to block and beating it is easy.

Really nice production values -- it has made it onto my list.

The demo kicks ass.

A cross between DMC/POP and Mark of Kri too -- super high production values. Its by Incog, the makers of Twisted Metal 1 & 2, Twisted Metal Black, and War of the Monsters.

Great game play. Great graphics. Challenging without being insane.

did not make it onto my list, but impressive none the less.

I get a kick out of the developer interview video where one of the guys almost plead for people to buy the game! :lol: Knowing how a majority of people who game are, I doubt this title will have any problem selling.

One question though: Is theis game being made by Incog.inc or some other sony developer? if nobody knows that's ok...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
One question though: Is theis game being made by Incog.inc or some other sony developer? if nobody knows that's ok...[/quote]

as far as i know, several members of incog., as well as david jaffe (incog. director), created it alongside one of sony's internal development teams, whom it will technically be developed by (name on the box).

also, let's not forget that incog. also made downhill domination, easily one of the ps2's best games.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I just signed up for Underground. Out of curosity, how often do they send out demos?[/quote]

Infrequently.

A month prior I received the demo for The Getaway Black Monday.

Have been on the list for under a year, and that is all I have received.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I'm guessing this demo doesn't cause any problems with the ps2 memory card? I was about to put it in, but remembered what happend to some of the last underground demos that came out and just wanted to make sure. I don't want to lose my CoN characters with the sequel coming out next week.[/quote]

Take out your mem card... Shaq-Fu

bread's done
Back