God Of War Ghost of Sparta Pre Order $29.99 Amazon.com

Thanks OP!
Hopefully Amazon will change it to release date shipping without getting rid of the bonuses.
But hey, with the bonuses + this price? I'll be glad to place my first ever non-release date Amazon Prime order.

I already pre order this a couple of weeks ago. So I'll get the difference right? Just wanna confirm. I do know the pre order price guarantee, but had to ask. lol.

[quote name='Josh5890']Sweet find OP! I've got something to use my $20 credit on. $10 on release day is cool![/QUOTE]

I don't see release day delivery option...

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I already pre order this a couple of weeks ago. So I'll get the difference right? Just wanna confirm. I do know the pre order price guarantee, but had to ask. lol.[/QUOTE]

Usually I'd say yes, you'll get the difference.

But the disappearance of release date delivery option could always be a subtle sign it has a different SKU number or something?

I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but I'd say be wary. I canceled my original order to get in on this just to be sure.

I'm login, and when I check that page on Amazon, it says I already ordered it. I might bookmark this topic just to remember this date in case I have a problem later on.

Thanks OP btw and thanks ^^.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Pre-ordered, thanks OP! MSRP is s'pose to be $39.99, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

In for one, thanks OP! Used my Halo credit and free shipping, and the whole thing only cost $9.99.

Wasn't this available elsewhere for $30 some time ago? Can't remember the place, but they didn't have the pre-order bonuses (I am such a whore for pre-order bonuses), so I ignored it.

Either way, jumped on it. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Salamando3000']Wasn't this available elsewhere for $30 some time ago? Can't remember the place, but they didn't have the pre-order bonuses (I am such a whore for pre-order bonuses), so I ignored it.

Either way, jumped on it. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Walmart had it at that price

[quote name='bigsick']Walmart had it at that price[/QUOTE]

Thought it was Walmart, but their price has since risen back to $40, and I was too lazy to search for previous GoW threads.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I already had this preordered but it's nice to know I'll be receiving a credit when it ships.

[quote name='Decker']My previously-placed Gold Box preorder isn't reflecting the new price yet. It damned well better soon[/QUOTE]

Same here -- I'd snagged it at $36.99. Complicating matters, I applied a $20 video game credit so the invoice reads $16.99. Just to cover my bases I e-mailed Amazon to draw attention to this lowered price and ask that it be applied to my existing order.

Thats a really good price. I haven't bought a PSP game in almost a year plus but Ghost of Sparta is on my radar. PSP has a really good lineup of games this year.

Thanks OP! I was going to wait on this one but at $30 I'm in! I have over $200 in trade credit with Amazon so that made it even better.

Just saw this myself while I was browsing Amazon on what I could spend my pre-order credit on. Good find OP, you beat me by a few hours. =)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if this will be the MSRP. Sony has been aggressively lowering prices on games, even new ones.[/QUOTE]

like what?

I think canceling your original order was a good idea. You're right, it's hard to tell whether it would work out to be the same. This is a great deal on one of my all time favorite games. Thanks OP.
cool2.gif
:D

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Usually I'd say yes, you'll get the difference.

But the disappearance of release date delivery option could always be a subtle sign it has a different SKU number or something?

I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but I'd say be wary. I canceled my original order to get in on this just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is a GREAT deal! Thanks for sharing, OP!

I was impressed with the demo, and these free goodies and price are just that little extra incentive for me to preorder. :)

But remember, like all other GOW games, this one will be GH and dropped down to 15 within 3 months of release. So if your money is low, you may want to hold off.

If you want to make sure you get the low price, email them because apparently it is not guaranteed. I emailed the, yesterday and this is what they said.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on God of War: Ghost of Sparta. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $29.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...they simply read me the preorder policy, which says you'll be charged the lowest price at the time the game ships. I'll keep a close eye on my charges when this game launches to make sure I get the right price. Also gonna screen cap, just in case.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']If you want to make sure you get the low price, email them because apparently it is not guaranteed. I emailed the, yesterday and this is what they said.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on God of War: Ghost of Sparta. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $29.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, next thing you know they're going to ask you for your first born child.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']If you want to make sure you get the low price, email them because apparently it is not guaranteed. I emailed the, yesterday and this is what they said.

"Hello,

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."[/QUOTE]

No, it most definitely should be guaranteed. That CSR just didn't realize this is a preorder and just gave the generic line on how they don't price match in stock items (which is a policy that's been in effect the past couple years).

Here's the pre-order policy right from the item page:
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Note: the bonuses are ALL DLC.

I was interested until I saw that. Thanks OP, but pass until it's $20ish.

(To me, DLC has zero value.)

[quote name='Amazon.com']

Pre-Order Price Guarantee Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
[/QUOTE]

Your rep screwed up.

Post order guarantee? looks like that rep didn't know what he was talking about. lol.

Anyway I got worried too, so I send them an email. You never know, they might not honor that low price. It's better to be safe than be sorry later.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Post order guarantee? looks like that rep didn't know what he was talking about. lol.

Anyway I got worried too, so I send them an email. You never know, they might not honor that low price. It's better to be safe than be sorry later.[/QUOTE]

I thought so too, but I wanted to make sure this time for some odd reason.

"Hello,

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."[/QUOTE]Wait what? They have a preorder price guarantee. Oh Amazon...

wake up Amazon, put the little drop down box to include "digital version" and watch more sales roll in, I'd definitely be in for one, but not UMD, esp with PSP2 prolly being UMD-less if it is that cell-phone hybrid indeed..

bread's done
Back