God of War I & II: $4.99 each at [Toronto] SonyStyle

BaratoGamer

CAGiversary!
FYI. The Sony Style store at the Toronto Eaton Centre has both God of War I and God of War II for $4.99 each. They also had some other PS2 and PSP games on clearance but nothing notable.

i'll just wait for gowcollection to drop, as i dont have a ps2, & even if backwards compat comes in software later this year, collection is way better looking

I apologize for being contrarian but didn't Sony already announce that they were NOT bringing backwards compatability?

Were there a SonyStyle near me I would certainly check out these game for $5 each. I've got friends who aren't gamers that I've just given a PS2, they need to be indoctrinated quickly!

well i did say 'if', though there are few if any ps2 games i'd even want (i'd probably emulate anyway)

they denied the slim lasy may didnt they?

They've said they wont add in BC, because the hardware doesn't exist in the new ones. The BC PS3s, for the most part, are a PS3 with a PS2 shoved in there.

FYI: GOWI (and II I think) were $9.99 at the 7 & Woodbine EB today.

[quote name='halcyon1234']They've said they wont add in BC, because the hardware doesn't exist in the new ones. The BC PS3s, for the most part, are a PS3 with a PS2 shoved in there.

FYI: GOWI (and II I think) were $9.99 at the 7 & Woodbine EB today.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. AFAIK, the 80GB PS3s that featured BC used software-emulation, whereas the 20GB/60GB units at launch contained the PS2's Emotion Engine, which yielded almost all PS2/PS1 playable. All Sony would have to do to re-implement BC would be to add in the EE. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony started re-releasing classic PS2 series in BR format a la God of War Collection. I'd pay $40 to have the Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank games remastered!

The software BC PS3s lack the Emotion Engine CPU but still have the PS2's graphics GPU. Sony wouldn't need to add the EE, but the GPU instead. Unless they can get the Cell processors to emulate that effectively enough to make BC possible again. I personally doubt that will ever happen without a minor hardware overhaul, which Sony would probably never bother with since it's just starting to make money with what its got.
All PS3's have the PS1 CPU onboard, which is why PSN has PS1 games available.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']All PS3's have the PS1 CPU onboard, which is why PSN has PS1 games available.[/QUOTE]
False, PS1 is completely software, which is why it is available on the PSP also

[quote name='Sousanator']False, PS1 is completely software, which is why it is available on the PSP also[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the PS2, which has PS1 hardware on board. Or at least it did, not so sure about the latest slims... :?:

bread's done
Back