God of War III pre-order $49.99 bestbuy.ca

Yes it was delayed. It was originally a March 2009 release. Then it went to an October release if I am not mistaken.

I'm still hoping there's a collectors edition that includes God of War 1 and 2.
That would be awesome.

[quote name='bigtyme21']Yes it was delayed. It was originally a March 2009 release. Then it went to an October release if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]
It's never been dated til last week at E3, March 2010.

[quote name='saiftk']I'm still hoping there's a collectors edition that includes God of War 1 and 2.
That would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Right, aren't we all hoping? There was even a poll...and the Internets said YESPLZZZZZ, and then our dreams got semi-shattered with a "We're just asking. It's probably not even feasible..." response :lol:

If you pre-order today at 49.99, and closer to release BB decides to hike pre-order price to...69.99, do you still pay your original pre-order price?

[quote name='addone']Right, aren't we all hoping? There was even a poll...and the Internets said YESPLZZZZZ, and then our dreams got semi-shattered with a "We're just asking. It's probably not even feasible..." response :lol:

If you pre-order today at 49.99, and closer to release BB decides to hike pre-order price to...69.99, do you still pay your original pre-order price?[/QUOTE]
+1 good question!

[quote name='addone']Right, aren't we all hoping? There was even a poll...and the Internets said YESPLZZZZZ, and then our dreams got semi-shattered with a "We're just asking. It's probably not even feasible..." response :lol:

If you pre-order today at 49.99, and closer to release BB decides to hike pre-order price to...69.99, do you still pay your original pre-order price?[/QUOTE]
Unless they cancel your order at some point, you will only pay the $49.99 price.

Also, keep in mind that this isn't the Collector's Edition eh? I wonder when that will pop up for pre-ordering... ;)

Damnit...I knew I should have pre-ordered it when I saw the thread a couple of weeks ago. I went to pre-order it today and the price is 69.99 now, with only a $5 pre-order discount which makes it 64.99 :(. It has piqued my curiosity though; if I preordered at 49.99 would they still give it to me for 49.99 even though the price went up? (I've never preordered anything before..)

[quote name='flipcyde']Damnit...I knew I should have pre-ordered it when I saw the thread a couple of weeks ago. I went to pre-order it today and the price is 69.99 now, with only a $5 pre-order discount which makes it 64.99 :(. It has piqued my curiosity though; if I preordered at 49.99 would they still give it to me for 49.99 even though the price went up? (I've never preordered anything before..)[/QUOTE]

if you are still interested in pre-ordering this you can get it at futureshop for around $55, they haven't bumped the price up and are still offering $5 off, personally this game is to far away for me to really put money down for it I am sure by march I will have some games from christmas to trade in

They don't have to honour it. I've full-paid for a game before from EBs when it was $10 less and when I went to pick it up, I had to pay the difference. They would not honour their original price (this was for SF4, I think one of the first games to get the price hike). The only time they have to honour anything is if there is a sticker on the item that is priced wrong.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah, they'd have to honour it.[/QUOTE]

No they don't. I'm not saying they wont but they do not have too. All preorders come with some kind of a disclaimer saying the price might be more when the game actually gets released.

Oh and lets not forget that lovely disclaimer on the bottom of the page. "While we strive for accuracy, Best Buy reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, to prices, descriptions, images and policies. Web store prices, products and promotions may differ from our retail stores. Click here for full terms and conditions."

So if you preorder something almost a year before it comes out they can pretty much do whatever they want with the price.

bread's done
Back