God of War III Ultimate Edition $99.99 @ BestBuy.com

Thx for the link OP

Not flaming/TC at all just an observation - do you get hardcore love scenes w/ the "ultimate edition?" B/c really, that's the only reason I would call it "ultimate" =P

Thanks OP, I broke down and secured yesterday with BB one despite a horrible experience with ME2.

I even tried in store first but they either sold all the preorders or pulled them off the shelf.

I figure I can get it and either hopefully PM it or return it if the box turns out to be terrible. I don't really consider DLC much of an extra so I'm assuming (i.e. hoping) the box is much better than Altair figure, batarang, and other plastic stuff in the latest CE releases.

I just ordered . I hope I dont get an email the day before release saying they couldnt put my order through due to not having the correct quantities :(

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I just ordered . I hope I dont get an email the day before release saying they couldnt put my order through due to not having the correct quantities :([/QUOTE]
So hows the Amazon Marketplace goes?

so nobody thinks this will line shelves for months to come, like say, the Tekken 6 bundles, or recently released Bioshock 2 LE?? I hope not. I want to buy one to open, and maybe one to keep sealed..but I'll have to wait a while to grab another..

[quote name='nikkai']Thx for the link OP

Not flaming/TC at all just an observation - do you get hardcore love scenes w/ the "ultimate edition?" B/c really, that's the only reason I would call it "ultimate" =P[/QUOTE]

To me, the hardcore love scene is where I get to rage on all the little minions coming at me to die! Just kidding :D, for all your hardcore and hardcore love scene purposes, please redirect yourself to some male/female body interaction websites thank you.

Reserved mine for 90 on amazon couple of months ago, added the LE strategy guide for the hell of it. Can't wait, have a few days off midweek the week it comes out hopefully it'll arrive in time for me to enjoy it for awhile on an off day. Amazons been amazing for fast shipping on new release with super saver shipping.

Am I the only one getting tired of these $100 LE/CE sets? Ive gotten a few and do they really need to inflate the price that much more? I mean I paid the $10 bucks more for the Mass effect 2 LE and get as much out of it as I did the Bioshock 2 LE with cost 30 bucks more. I dunno, as cool as these are, I think Im just going to save my money with these. From now on LEs are only worth $10 bucks more IMO.

only a matter of time until we see the God of War Mega Supreme Ultimate Complete Collector's Edition with the trilogy packaged in 1 box. You know it's coming- and it'll be right after I drop $100 on this one.

I got a ME2 LE from BB to keep sealed. They shipped it in a bubble mailer so all of the edges are beat to s**t.

I am premier silver so I thought that would get me somewhere with CS. They offered me a whole 10% off. Hopefully they take better care packing this for shipment.

Count me in for 1!

[quote name='tankass']Am I the only one getting tired of these $100 LE/CE sets? Ive gotten a few and do they really need to inflate the price that much more? I mean I paid the $10 bucks more for the Mass effect 2 LE and get as much out of it as I did the Bioshock 2 LE with cost 30 bucks more. I dunno, as cool as these are, I think Im just going to save my money with these. From now on LEs are only worth $10 bucks more IMO.[/QUOTE]
\

When it is done right it is great but recently there has been a creep up in price. I am still on the fence about returning the AVP hunter edition. That was 99 but should have been 79 at most. Did anyone else like that one?

The box is no big deal, but why not include the collection in the NA release as well? Only thing I can think of is they sold more in NA and SONY figures why give them a second copy for free.

I'm curious to see what the availabilty in-store for these will be. BioShock 2 LE, which costs the same, is easy to find in a store... but, it was also available (still is) online up until release day. Mass Effect 2 LE, while cheaper, was sold out online long before release date, as was nearly impossible to find in-store even 2-3 days after release.

It's a crapshoot, but I have to go with 'if you want it, order it now'. If this was going to be widely available, I imagine online retailers (especially Amazon) would still be taking orders. Amazon selling out is usually not a great sign.

I didn't plan on getting this either but seeing it drop off all the sites made me nervous. I like collecting these CE's but don't care much for dropping 100 bucks.

Problem is for every two CEs like Batman or MW2 there's a Demon Souls or even an Assassin's Creed 2.

Most of the time these CE's (thankfully) drop in price, but it certainly sucks when they go up.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I didn't plan on getting this either but seeing it drop off all the sites made me nervous. I like collecting these CE's but don't care much for dropping 100 bucks.

Problem is for every two CEs like Batman or MW2 there's a Demon Souls or even an Assassin's Creed 2.

Most of the time these CE's (thankfully) drop in price, but it certainly sucks when they go up.[/QUOTE]

sad I passed up on the Demon Souls CE =(

[quote name='vithang']If you haven't already preordered it already, you can still grab some at bestbuy. Heres the link.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+...68191&skuId=9724314&st=god of war 3&lp=4&cp=1

Its free shipping and I think Bing cashback is 5% right now so you'd save 5 bucks. Don't think there is any in-store pickup[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ordered anything with an easily damaged outer box from Best Buy online? I'm wondering how well they pack items as I have had terrible experiences with Amazon lately in that respect.

[quote name='bojay1997']Has anyone ordered anything with an easily damaged outer box from Best Buy online? I'm wondering how well they pack items as I have had terrible experiences with Amazon lately in that respect.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered me a new mouse and it should be coming in this week or next monday, so i'll let you know if the box came in bad shape or not and if the packing is well.

The GoW:UE is gonna be decent sized so it might come with the corners a bit dented... they are probably just gonna stick it in a box with some of those airbags to cover up the excess space. Anyways, the problem with damaged boxes and stuff is due to the shipping service excessively throwing the shipments around.

You should buy the CE/LE/UE for the games you like and forget about anything. If you collect them for values, eh, you make more money by spending the time on stock market. Almost every "special edition" drop the price. I'm surprised that GoWIII UE is getting pretty hard to find. I was on the fence even though i love the GoW series at $100. When the price dropped by $10 on Amazon and combined with goldbox discount (also 10%), it came out to be $76.5 shipped.

So, using the new price, it's $16.5 more than the regular edition. Deal? Hell yeah, the physical art book and the Pandora box worth more than $20 IMO. Don't really care about the other stuff :lol:

Now seeing that the UE could be rare, i might keep it seal... I'm waiting for somebody to post the TRU deal for the week of 3/14... There got to a GoWIII deal in TRU! Let it be action figures or GC or B2G1 or $20 off $40+ games, whatever :)

[quote name='bojay1997']Has anyone ordered anything with an easily damaged outer box from Best Buy online? [/QUOTE]

Not in a while, mostly all I buy from them now is Blu-Rays and the like. A couple years ago a lot of the stuff in this sized box and bigger would actually ship in the retail box itself with shipping labels just slapped on it. :cry:

[quote name='scott_matthews']Not in a while, mostly all I buy from them now is Blu-Rays and the like. A couple years ago a lot of the stuff in this sized box and bigger would actually ship in the retail box itself with shipping labels just slapped on it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I had ME2 shipped in an envelope and it was badly damaged. Honestly, I think it was damaged before packing but I would hope GOW3 would come in a separate and well packed box.

[quote name='Serpentor']You should buy the CE/LE/UE for the games you like and forget about anything. If you collect them for values, eh, you make more money by spending the time on stock market. Almost every "special edition" drop the price. I'm surprised that GoWIII UE is getting pretty hard to find. I was on the fence even though i love the GoW series at $100. When the price dropped by $10 on Amazon and combined with goldbox discount (also 10%), it came out to be $76.5 shipped.

So, using the new price, it's $16.5 more than the regular edition. Deal? Hell yeah, the physical art book and the Pandora box worth more than $20 IMO. Don't really care about the other stuff :lol:

[/QUOTE]
How did it come out to $76.50 shipped? 10 off 100 is 90, then 10% off either the original 100 or 90 is only 9 or 10. So then your down to 80 or 81 before shipping...

[quote name='wrencrest']How did it come out to $76.50 shipped? 10 off 100 is 90, then 10% off either the original 100 or 90 is only 9 or 10. So then your down to 80 or 81 before shipping...[/QUOTE]

Also, the Goldbox discount is 5%. Not 10%. Methinks his math is a little off or he had a promotional credit from pre-ordering another game.

[quote name='booya42301']so if u order it does it get charged right away or do they wait til the day it comes out.[/QUOTE]

i got charged right away.

[quote name='vithang']i got charged right away.[/QUOTE]

You didn't get charged, I don't think. It's likely a temporary hold to make sure you actually have funds. It'll be gone in a day or two.

[quote name='GuardianE']You didn't get charged, I don't think. It's likely a temporary hold to make sure you actually have funds. It'll be gone in a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one about 2 weeks ago, and my hold is still there. Didn't get free shipping either, so I might reorder to save a few bucks.

I would have rather received a cheaper GoW3 LE without that box than pay $100 for a box I really dont want in the house.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I had ME2 shipped in an envelope and it was badly damaged. Honestly, I think it was damaged before packing but I would hope GOW3 would come in a separate and well packed box.[/QUOTE]They'll ship this in a box, since it's nowhere close to DVD-sized. I know they do try to stuff all manner of items into a #5/BA8 bubble mailer, though this wouldn't be one of them.

Bioshock 2 SE came in a nice big box. not a bubble mailer. I'd expect the same thing here.

I'm tempted to get the Ultimate Box, but I want it strictly for the content and not the collectibles. No doubt they will release the exclusive content on PSN (at a premium I'm sure) sometime down the road so I'll just buy it as it becomes available. Would have liked the soundtrack, but it's something I can live without.

I preordered it too. No biggie to me, I'm a HUUUGE GoW fan. I might've even payed $100 just for the game. Well that's a stretch, I still post on this board.

As far as availability in the coming months, I'm willing to bet that it's going to be scarce. It seems like when a first party Sony title is released in LE form, they're actually LE and not everywhere... *cough*Halo 3 cat helmets*cough*.

[quote name='outsider']I would have rather received a cheaper GoW3 LE without that box than pay $100 for a box I really dont want in the house.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather Sony put out a CAG Edition. The game with the booklet in a jewel case for $39.99. ;)

Anyone have any solid info on the number of pages in the artbook?

I absolutely love the art in the GoW series, but If it's anything like the size of the MW2 artbook, I'll pass on the UE.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Id take it in a paper sleeve for $35.[/QUOTE]

FLOL, download + link to gamefaqs for $30...

In Case someone was wanderin ghte dimensions of the Pandora's Box here it is

Replica of the Pandora's Box. Dimensions 8.3" wide x 10.5" long x 5.9" tall

[quote name='GuardianE']Also, the Goldbox discount is 5%. Not 10%. Methinks his math is a little off or he had a promotional credit from pre-ordering another game.[/QUOTE]

Lol, your math is correct, there's nothing wrong with my math because I never expained my number :lol:

it was 100, goldbox is 5 bucks off, make that 95...
Then at one point the UE dropped 10 bucks. Instead of waiting for them to adjust, I shoot an email and they took 10 off, which is 85.

Then the 10% from an existing order (believe it or not, it's the gow collection order). So there you have it... Otherwise I would have used the BCB 20% from walmart. My amazon order still came out to be cheaper than walmart....

Of course, those folks used 20% off BCB on walmart's e-cash and then apply another 20% BCB walmart ordr, essentially making the UE 60 buck plus tax and shipping. The only danger is that BCB can't do GCs... I didn't bother with the risk...

bread's done
Back