Godfather Trilogy Coppola Restoration(BD) $59.86 shipped

shadowrage

CAGiversary!
https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=292659

enter code GAMEPRO7 for free shipping.
I was charged tax though.

I someone can post a link I'll update the first post with it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000NTPDSW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

$60 @ tower.com
http://www.tower.com/godfather-coppola-restoration-part-ii-al-pacino-blu-ray/wapi/112275645

It's shipping now from tower. Orders usually take around 5 days from them with free ship. I've placed 4 orders with them, everything was brand new and undamaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have ordering experience from Family Video before? I'm hesitant b/c the only time I didnt use Amazon.com (ordered from DeepDiscount), my Batman Begins gift set was partially crushed during shipping and didnt get delivered till today.

How is Family Video will their shipping time and packaging? The price on this set looks very tempting

[quote name='jsub']Anybody have ordering experience from Family Video before? I'm hesitant b/c the only time I didnt use Amazon.com (ordered from DeepDiscount), my Batman Begins gift set was partially crushed during shipping and didnt get delivered till today.

How is Family Video will their shipping time and packaging? The price on this set looks very tempting[/quote]

Prices are nice...but shipping is sloooooooooooow. And Customer Service is non-existant. Packaging, iirc, was decent enough. Wasn't an issue.

I went ahead & ordered. this is by far the best price I've seen on it

Edit: But they charged my card already, wtf? I just sent them an email asking them to cancel, I'm not paying 2 months in advance. But we'll see if it actually happens.

Still great price though, and it looks like they're actually cancelling it

I ordered the (then) new Kubrick collection from them as a pre-order last year and received it a day or two after street. The USPS packaging left a little to be desired (a padded envelope over the boxset that left one corner slightly dinged). I don't recall if they charged me beforehand, but that really doesn't concern me much. Overall, I had a good experience with them -- and have already placed a preorder for the BR Godfather set with them (at about 50% off list price, it's hard not to...).

do they charge you now or when it ships? I have a pending charge right now but that doesn't necessary mean that it will fully charge it now.

[quote name='dolemite']do they charge you now or when it ships? I have a pending charge right now but that doesn't necessary mean that it will fully charge it now.[/quote]
Yes they charge you immediately.

They charge you when you place your order, that is the only bad thing, specially if you are on a low budget :p But I never had any problems with them

that's gay. Oh well I ordered it anyways. I guess the good thing is that I'll think it's free come September because I won't remember I already paid for it.

Thought there was another preorder thread regarding Godfather Trilogy bluray on Amazon but guess not. Did a search and this was the only thread. Anyway, Amazon has it preordered at $61.95 now. Few days ago it was still at $74.95.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Amazon is not a retail store, LOL![/QUOTE]

no familyvideo

Ok so I ordered this from borders with the 40% off coupon. I called to cancel and they told me that "system that cancels orders is currently down" but it'll be back up in an hour. WTF is that about?
Why even answer calls?

This was in my gold box on monday for the same as the Borders price. Damn Amazon and their ever changing blu-ray prices. That would have been a total deal. I wonder why the prices on Blu-ray change so much, are they like some sort of commodity? Or does it take a lot of oil to press them?

Awesome, price is back up to $75 at Amazon. That's what I get for not placing my order right away I guess....

Wow, now it's $87+. The fucking price is more volatile than a barrel of oil for Christ's sake.

[quote name='jsub']
How is Family Video will their shipping time and packaging? The price on this set looks very tempting[/quote]

They ship fairly fast (about the same as Amazon's free super saver shipping), only problem is they literally ship in a paper envelope with zero padding. I had Halo 3 mauled in a package sorting facility and the lack of padding showed on the game case (looked like a dog chewed the corner). A couple other games I ordered from them showed up fine but I still think they need to stop dicking around and use padded media envelopes.

[quote name='schnuth']I see that Borders.com has it for $61.79 with free shipping. Does anyone have any experience with ordering from Borders.com?

Aaron[/QUOTE]
I orderd the UNi action pack from them. It was sent using some sort of UPS - USPS joint shipping thing. So it had a tracking number, that seemed to be fairly accurate(via UPS), but was delivered by a mail truck(via USPS). I got it two days after street date and everything was perfect.

I managed to get in on the Amazon price so I canceled my Borders order - no problem. If their prices were actually appropriate I would like them.

man this is gonna be sick on blu-ray. all we need now are the indiana jones trilogy, and the two star wars trilogys and we are set on that front. Oh, i guess lord of the rings also. :p

[quote name='Grumpy Junglist']man this is gonna be sick on blu-ray. all we need now are the indiana jones trilogy, and the two star wars trilogys and we are set on that front. Oh, i guess lord of the rings also. :p[/quote]

Zoolander and Space Balls.

anyone know if theyre even talking about a release of star wars/ indy on bluray? I see they finally are releasing the holy grail of blurays (in my eyes) shawshank.

I know they are only putting Indy 4 on Blu-Ray right now for Oct. 14th release, but no mention of the original trilogy.

They'll both come out eventually no doubt. Question is, is Lucas going to make us all wait an ungodly amount of time for them again like we did for the DVDs. I'm hoping not, but with Lucas you never know.

For those that preordered from Family Video, I received my copy from them today (shipped on Saturday). Any worries about their history of poor packaging (usually just an unpadded mailing envelope) resulting in damage can be swept away: mine came in a bubble-wrap lined mailer, no dents, dings, loose discs, or the like. Count me happy with that, and even happier with the set itself: definitely watch the restoration documentary before diving into the films, as you'll really appreciate how much work went into making these films look as they were intended.

Nice to know FV improved their packing. I might order from them again in the future now, because other than that they are pretty decent.

[quote name='schnuth']I see that Borders.com has it for $61.79 with free shipping. Does anyone have any experience with ordering from Borders.com?

Aaron[/quote]

Is the price the same in b&m Borders, or is this online pricing only?

I wish the damn Borders coupons would work with this. I'd love to get an extra 20-30% off that $61.79, haha. I already have the standard def set, and that's the only way I could see it being worth the upgrade for such old movies.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I wish the damn Borders coupons would work with this. I'd love to get an extra 20-30% off that $61.79, haha. I already have the standard def set, and that's the only way I could see it being worth the upgrade for such old movies.[/quote]Not sure if it's all packages, but there's a $10 rebate for owners of the DVD version of the set to help offset your expense on the repurchase.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Not sure if it's all packages, but there's a $10 rebate for owners of the DVD version of the set to help offset your expense on the repurchase.[/QUOTE]

Is the $10 rebate if you own the OLD boxset on DVD or the new DVD set? I have the old set, but this is tempting for me since it is in my Amazon Gold Box today.

[quote name='doubledown']Is the $10 rebate if you own the OLD boxset on DVD or the new DVD set? I have the old set, but this is tempting for me since it is in my Amazon Gold Box today.[/quote]I take it to mean the old box set, since all it says on the rebate form is that the Proof of Purchase from the "ORIGINAL" DVD is required. There's nothing else that specifies which version. Submissions must also be postmarked by 10/31/08.

bread's done
Back