Godfather Trilogy : Coppola Restoration Blurays...worth it?

carbontiger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Amazon has it on sale. I already have the DVD collection and judging by playing it on my PS3 (I'm assuming it upconverts) it looks good/fine considering the source. I wanted to know from anyone who has the bluray versions if its worth investing in another collection. Does it really look that much better? Judging from the reviews on amazon, it might not be. But I am still considering them given the current price and that I can be a bit a of a video quality snob. thanks.

Mother of God, yes. Even Stevie Wonder can tell that the Coppolla Restoration looks and sounds light years beyond the original dirty, muddy, over-dark DVDs, especially on Blu-ray. Anyone who says the improvement is only marginal is, at best, a fool and, at worst, a liar.

Lol @ the last post:

I'll vote and say yes, it's worth it, especially if it's on sale. I got mine for $35 from craigslist ;P

Not sure that this is in the right area, but that said the first two are spectacularly well restored. Not quite so much with the third one, but, on the whole, I'd say it's one of the best Blu-Rays out there.

i watched all three during the last week and they are excellent restorations. The first two are great movies, third i did not enjoy as much but it did finish the story. There are some grainy moments, but only a couple of minor scenes.
Definately worth the money for $50 at amazon.com for new.

Yep definitely worth it. If you have the DVDs there's a $10 mail in rebate as well to knock more off the price (took about a month to get my $10 check in the mail).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep definitely worth it. If you have the DVDs there's a $10 mail in rebate as well to knock more off the price (took about a month to get my $10 check in the mail).[/quote]

Where? In the dvd set or the bluray? that would be a sweet deal!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep definitely worth it. If you have the DVDs there's a $10 mail in rebate as well to knock more off the price (took about a month to get my $10 check in the mail).[/quote]

Where? In the dvd set or the bluray? that would be a sweet deal!

EDIT: Googled it and found it. Damn, I have to cut out the upc from both packages? Is that what you did too?

[quote name='Filmmaker']Mother of God, yes. Even Stevie Wonder can tell that the Coppolla Restoration looks and sounds light years beyond the original dirty, muddy, over-dark DVDs, especially on Blu-ray. Anyone who says the improvement is only marginal is, at best, a fool and, at worst, a liar.[/quote]

DEFINITELY!! GO GET IT A-S-A-P!!!

Even though I haven't bought it. The reviewers seem split on the restoration job. Much like the Sistene Chape lrestoration. Not everyone agrees that is looks like the way it is suppose to.

Coppola did approve it though.

[quote name='carbontiger']Where? In the dvd set or the bluray? that would be a sweet deal!

EDIT: Googled it and found it. Damn, I have to cut out the upc from both packages? Is that what you did too?[/QUOTE]

There's a little insert with the UPC for the Blu Ray, but yes have to cut it off the DVD Box--unless you the paper that was originally sticky glued to the back that also had the UPC code. I didn't care since I was just giving the DVD set away.

[quote name='dmaul1114']There's a little insert with the UPC for the Blu Ray, but yes have to cut it off the DVD Box--unless you the paper that was originally sticky glued to the back that also had the UPC code. I didn't care since I was just giving the DVD set away.[/quote]

Yeah I'm probably giving the dvd set away too, but they need the UPC from the bluray set as well. right?

[quote name='carbontiger']Yeah I'm probably giving the dvd set away too, but they need the UPC from the bluray set as well. right?[/QUOTE]

As I said, there's an insert sheet inside the case that has upc codes to send in. Don't have to cut anything off the outer case etc.

bread's done
Back