Godzilla Coming to Wii

it's also coming to the ds and psp.

I reported this in the fighter thread around Friday. there was a booth at New York's comic con that had a playable demo

Eh, why the fuck can't they make a sequal to the original NES Godzilla (the original one, which fucking rules). I don't want to play fighters, I want the awesome boss battles of the original and the turn based strategy type game.

I have high hopes for this game. I enjoyed DAMM, but they slowed down the gameplay too much in Save the Earth. Based on the pics on this page it looks like it's going to look very similar to DAMM and STE.

[quote name='gigan54']it's also coming to the ds and psp.

I reported this in the fighter thread around Friday. there was a booth at New York's comic con that had a playable demo[/quote] Did you get a chance to play it?

AAA Exclusive!

But seriously, who gives a $hit about Godzilla games, no matter the console? Godzilla is about as relevant in 2007 video gaming as the Wolfman is.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']AAA Exclusive!

But seriously, who gives a $hit about Godzilla games, no matter the console? Godzilla is about as relevant in 2007 video gaming as the Wolfman is.[/quote]
If you knew what my avatar says you would know that some us give a very big shit about a Godzilla game.
Seriously though the first Godzilla game for Gamecube sold very well (from what I've read nearly half a million copies) and it became a Player's Choice. If the developers are able to pull off decent controls and faster DAMM style gameplay I could see this title doing fairly well. After all, Godzilla is one of the best known pop culture icons in the world.
Of course, Atari could pull the same stupid move they did with StE (releasing it at the same time as Halo 2) by releasing it right near Brawl.

I wonder how well it will play. I may have to wait for it to be ported to the 360 like Damm eventually was to the xbox.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']But seriously, who gives a $hit about Godzilla games, no matter the console? Godzilla is about as relevant in 2007 video gaming as the Wolfman is.[/quote]

I do! DAMM was the game that got me to break down and buy a Gamecube. I'm seeing quite a few "time to buy a Wii" posts on the Godzilla fan message boards I frequent too.

I have an copy of the XBox version of Save the Earth too, but never got a XBox (most of the other games look boring.) We were thinking about getting a XBox 360 but Save The Earth won't play on it (at least it isn't on the compatiblity list) so we got a Wii instead (Zelda games are also console purchase inducers for my family.)

Z

(P.S. - I'd be interested in a Wolfman videogame too if it was fun.)

I for one am very excited about this. Being a humongous Godzilla fan (I grew up with that big lizard) I loved DAMM and STE and I'll definitely be getting this on day 1. But as someone already stated, the one for NES was the best. My god, Ghidora was so damn hard! I actually beat him once.

IGN has a new preview of Unleashed for the Wii (and the DS, which has a very cool visual style), which includes a video.
The video looks pretty good except for the buildings, which seem to fall apart too slowly. The volleyball mechanic when two beams meet looks pretty cool.
I believe this game is going to be at the NYC Comic Con this weekend, hopefully some CAGs will be able to play it and post in this thread.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']But seriously, who gives a $hit about Godzilla games, no matter the console? Godzilla is about as relevant in 2007 video gaming as the Wolfman is.[/QUOTE]

The Wolfman is everywhere. You just don't see him. And you better hope he doesn't read these forums, or you could have seriously just hurt his feelings...

Godzilla DAMM (I like that acronym, lol) I wish I could get a shaq-fu logo on it. I at least want one in my message. Okay, fuck that. Ha.

Anyway, DAMM was just an average game and I am guessing that it will be more of the same. Will I pick it up for the Wii? Well, probably because I am a huge Godzilla fan, but for people looking to get another Wii game should wait to hear what other people have to say.

[quote name='Kaijufan']IGN has a new preview of Unleashed for the Wii (and the DS, which has a very cool visual style), which includes a video.
The video looks pretty good except for the buildings, which seem to fall apart too slowly. The volleyball mechanic when two beams meet looks pretty cool.
I believe this game is going to be at the NYC Comic Con this weekend, hopefully some CAGs will be able to play it and post in this thread.[/quote]

That volleyball mechanic looks interesting. I just hope it does not happen all that often or that could prove to be boring.

I liked DAMM and Save the Earth too, even if they were a little slow. Then again, I love most things Godzilla.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the DS shots are pre-alpha; Wii/PSP are alphas.

bread's done
Back