GOG 2010 Holiday Sale - 290 Games 30-50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Now through January 3rd*, GOG is offering up (nearly) the entirety or its catalog for 30% or 50% discounts (with a few 35% and 40% thrown in).

Promo Page

If you know your publishers, here's a rough breakdown.

50% off:
Codemasters
JoWooD
MC2
Wordplay (Tex Murphy) [except 1+2]
Strategy First [except JA:Deadly Games]
Anuman
Apogee
Enlight
Kalypso
TopWare
Rebellion
1C
Focus
Larian [Divinity series] 50%
Adventure Soft
Fantasy Productions [Arkania series]
Devolver Digital[Serious Sam]
Rage Software

40% off:
Triumph
Running with Scissors [Postal series]

35% off:
Epic

30% off:
Atari (Excluding D&D games)
Cyan
DotEmu
Majesco
Nobilis
OddWorld Inhabitants
Revolution Software
Ubisoft
Activision

Loners:
Alien Shooter 30%
Arx Fatalis 40%
Pure Pinball 2.0 Redux 50%
The Journeyman Project 2 50%
Red Baron Pack 50%
Original War 30%
The Longest Journey 40%
Sanitarium 30%
The Incredilbe Machine Mega Pack 50%

Interplay 0% QQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I STARTED adding up how many GB I just bought....but hit a button wrong on my calculator. It was over 12GB by that point :lol:

Thank goodness for supposedly-unlimited bandwidth caps (I'm sure it is really limited, but...)

[quote name='cheapo72']Just a reminder that Atari's games are due to return to normal price any time now.[/QUOTE]
Back to normal now.

Sucks that I apparently forgot my wallet today. Wanted to jump on them real quick but don't have my card on me. :cry:

::edit::
Wait, maybe not? Show in my cart at full price but the total is still showing discount. Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can create 1 or more characters. I suggest keeping as many NPCs slots as possible because they have some of the best characters of all time in that game. (In other words if your coop partner doesn't care to make a character he doesn't have to. Essentially coop just means you share control of all the units)

It appears that all of the Dungeons and Dragon games (Planescape, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc.) are back to normal prices. I was waiting until Wednesday to get them. Oops.

Whoa, glad I got them!

So guys, how do I store my GOG.com games? I've heard DVD-Rs aren't really that reliable long term...so do I just keep all this stuff on a pair of external hard drives?

Also, I've had issues with the downloader crashing on me for some reason. It seems to resume right where it was, but do you think my downloads will still work? That it really somehow knows exactly where to start sticking stuff on the end of the file? :lol:

Never had that issue so I don't know why it's doing that now, although AIRs probably been updated.

[quote name='Foofaraw']It appears that all of the Dungeons and Dragon games (Planescape, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc.) are back to normal prices. I was waiting until Wednesday to get them. Oops.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='radioactivez0r']Well that's kind of shitty. I figured I had, ya know, the 3 weeks promised to get what I wanted at promo prices.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but they gave fair warning from the very first day of the sale that Atari games would stop in XX days, Activision start in XX days.

Don't worry, though. There will be a 50% sale down the road.

[quote name='cheapo72']Don't worry, though. There will be a 50% sale down the road.[/QUOTE]50% off on Atari games soon? Source?

I just now started paying attention to this, been distracted by other threads. Missed the Atari games.

[quote name='eugaet']50% off on Atari games soon? Source?

I just now started paying attention to this, been distracted by other threads. Missed the Atari games.[/QUOTE]
I also missed it... :cry:
But I'm sure there will be more sales soon! Just have to wait now... XD

Yeah, I got super exited when I got the email saying that Atari games are back, only to be shot down when none of their RPGs were included.

They built me up, just to tear me down...

I got the following:

Duke Nukem 3D
Rise of the Triad
Blood
Blood 2

Always wanted them as a kid but could only ever afford the shareware...lol

Dang, I kind of wanted Blood and Rise of the Triad...I played the shareware versions too :lol:

Bought 18 games during the same and STILL forgot those!

I limited myself on this sale since I was looking to invest a little more in the Steam deals. I was playing Rise of the Triad today though and it still feels cutting edge...lol

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I kind of wanted Blood and Rise of the Triad...I played the shareware versions too :lol:

Bought 18 games during the same and STILL forgot those![/QUOTE]

The sale is still on. There is time to make right your sins.

*Also, anyone who plans on pre-ordering The Witcher 2 - now is the time to pick up the 5 choices for the free bonus game for 50% off. That way, you qualify for the "alternative gift" essentially creating a sale for the game of your choosing.

The choices are:
Gothic 2 Gold, Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Realms of Arkania 1+2, Realms of Arkania 3

*With all the ROTT love, here's a reminder link for the Goodies Pack.

It still makes me sad that this sale gets so little hype compared to the massive monster of the Steam sale. I picked up some decent games on this and always prefer to buy with GoG (even if it's a couple bucks more than Steam) just because I know the game will always be mine. (just gotta download and burn to a couple DVDs to be safe)

I picked up (somewhat from memory)
Moto Racer
Moto Racer 2
Tropico 1 and 2 pack
Incoming
Expendable

and a couple of others I can't remember right this second...

It's a shame this has been overlooked. I didn't even see it until halfway through the steam sale and I had to search to dig it up.

I think I've been splitting my time evenly between ROTT and Everyday Genius

I don't remember if this is something you have to manually add or if it's thrown into your downloads the moment you register, but there are four free games at the moment: http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#all_genres/price/0/

I'm pretty content with Tyrian 2000 being one of them. I just don't have any money left after the Steam and Amazon sales. :(

Meant to pick Ground Control 1 & 2 at the end of the sale, ended up falling asleep early last night, oh well I bought more than enough from Steam and GoG the last couple weeks, I should be good all year.

Ended up getting the remaining $5.99 games that were 50% off, as well as one 50% off $9.99er.
Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition
Realms of Arkania 1+2
Realms of Arkania 3
Cannon Fodder
Dark Fall: The Journal
Dark Fall: Lights Out
Capitalism Plus
Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries
Seven Kingdoms II: The Fryhtan Wars
Aquanox
Aquanox 2: Revelation
The Nations: Gold Edition