GOG.com: Weekend Sale: Interplay action titles 25% off

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
n_main_.jpg

http://www.gog.com/en/page/action_promo/

Imagine you're the only one who can save the world from the evil. The long way ahead of you is very dangerous, full of complex puzzles, deadly traps and fearsome enemies. You feel the adrenaline rush, you clench your fingers around the gun and you're ready for some action! Let's start the Interplay action games promotion!
This weekend we're giving you a 25% discount on all action titles from Interplay's catalogue.

To benefit from the promotion you must follow these three easy steps:
Step 1 - check the list of action games included in the promotion. You'll find the list below.
Step 2 - add the action games that you want to buy to your cart and proceed to the payment screen.
Step 3 - once you're on the payment screen enter the following promo code: ACTION. You'll receive a 25% discount on every action title from the list that you have in your cart.

Interplay action titles included in the promotion: (Makes any 5.99 about 4.50)
Die by the Sword
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
Earthworm Jim 3D
MDK
MDK 2
Messiah
Shattered Steel

The promotion will last until Monday, March 23 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Remember to enter the promo code - ACTION - before you finalize your transaction. If you need our assistance or have any questions concerning the promotion, please contact us at [email protected].

I somehow missed that the MDK games were on sale too. I already bought Messiah from them or I'd be excited about that.

Guess I'll pick up MDK2.

Remember, all these are self installable, no DRM, some of the games includes downloadable extra content such as MP3 music, manuals, background screenshots...

[quote name='xycury']Remember, all these are self installable, no DRM, some of the games includes downloadable extra content such as MP3 music, manuals, background screenshots...[/quote]

Thanks for your input. You've answered most of my questions. :)

Any recommendations from the CAG nation on these? I can really only afford to pick up one, and am stuck in a pickle as to which to pick...

I might bite on MDK2. I used to have that back in the day but lost my disk long ago. I wonder how it will run on my eee PC.

I'd guess it would run okay? Hard to imagine, since it was so high end at the time!

Die by the Sword was supposed to be innovative (don't think anything else ever did control like that), but I'm not sure if I'd like it.

Messiah (which I bought previously) had a really cool demo back in the day. It also supposeldy scaled to your hardware, so I'm curious if it actually does look any better with today's systems.

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 are a MUST for me! i remember pouring hours into the first one and loving it. just the style and music of the game drew me in. for $4.50 you can count me in. I really wish the Descent games were also on sale.

Looks like Redneck Rampage is included as well. Woohoo! Get off mah land!

*edit* Hmm... Or maybe not. Oh well, still worth $5.99. :D

I haven't played Shattered Steel or MDK2, but the other titles are awesome.

I think MDK1 was better than 2 from reading other reviews.

[quote name='xycury']I haven't played Shattered Steel or MDK2, but the other titles are awesome.

I think MDK1 was better than 2 from reading other reviews.[/quote]

they have an interview with one of the head guys at bioware about their work on MDK2. lol, they quoted a review that said ninja gaiden was tough, but not MDK2 tough. so if you buy MDK2 and haven't played before, apparently it's insane.

bread's done
Back