GOG Deals Thread

Yep. I used most of my credit I bought during one of their sales on credit (which I should have taken as a sign the service was going to shit) but I was still left with a couple hundred wasted points because for the last year or so of its existence all they had was shitty demo games available on the site.
I was smart, kinda, and pawned off a beat to crap high value game to get a ton of movies from the site... and even those offers kept getting ignored or canceled! I actually spent days scouring through their horror and foreign categories trying to find crap to get with my points. I got a few films, but nothing I really wanted.

Free Aliens Vs. Predator Classic came in my inbox today. Be on the lookout for your copy as well if you signed up.

Goozex - I sort of was the type of person that killed that site.  Never bought a single credit.  

I traded in things that I got cheap, then got PC games when they had their free shipping weeks.  

During those weeks the Post Office would just leave their plastic shipping boxes outside my door filled with 10 - 15 packages a day.  

There were a ton of 100pt PC games.  

Na, I think it started dying when the points started lagging behind market value. Things that were selling for $10 was still 800-1000 points at times. Add to that all the older games added, still with a cap of 1000 points (Earthbound for 1000 points? No way). And the $25 for 1000 points sales. And then changing the max to 2000 points. All of those things, and probably more, contributed to the site dying.

Edit: Oh, and the tokens going up to $2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose people who already own BG or BG2 on GOG get these for free.

[/MysterD]
I would VERY highly doubt it.

Different dev-team + publisher from originals (BioWare + Hasbro) to EE versions (Overhaul / Beamdog).

Plus, EE Editions also add extra content.

If you have the original versions there's zero reason to even remotely want to play the "NEW" versions. Unless of course you just want to pad your GOG count which I fully support.

Weekend Promo

60% Off Gaming Oktoberfest

7th Legion - $2.39
B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th - $2.39
BloodNet - $2.39
Capitalism 2 - $3.99
Capitalism Plus - $2.39
Colonization, Sid Meier's - $2.39
Darklands - $2.39

Deadlock: Planetary Conquest - $2.39
Deadlock 2: Shrine Wars - $2.39
F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0 - $2.39
Pirates! Gold Plus - $2.39
Redline - $2.39
Restaurant Empire - $2.39
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender - $2.39

Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries - $2.39
Seven Kingdoms 2 - $2.39
Sid Meier's Covert Action - $2.39
Silent Service 1+2 - $2.39
Slave Zero - $2.39
Sword of the Samurai - $2.39
Warlords Battlecry 3 - $3.99

BTW, were we supposed to have received the Aliens vs Predators keys already? I've seen several people claim to have received their keys, but I got nada.

BTW, were we supposed to have received the Aliens vs Predators keys already? I've seen several people claim to have received their keys, but I got nada.
Never got mine either. I used to play multiplayer on either this or 2 a bunch (whichever had the patch that let you go through the alien lifecycle of face hugger -> queen). It was some fun stuff back in the day and was hoping to give it a try again.

I got mine but it may come out in waves
Yeah, I guess they are just coming out in batches. I'm pretty sure that they said as much when you signed up for the free key.

I was just worried that something had gone wrong in my case, but I'm clearly not alone. So I guess I, and a few others here, are in a group that GOG is just taking it's sweet time in getting to. Now that I know that, I can wait. It's not like I was gonna play that tonight anyway.

Thanks to everyone who answered.

Yeah, I guess they are just coming out in batches. I'm pretty sure that they said as much when you signed up for the free key.

I was just worried that something had gone wrong in my case, but I'm clearly not alone. So I guess I, and a few others here, are in a group that GOG is just taking it's sweet time in getting to. Now that I know that, I can wait. It's not like I was gonna play that tonight anyway.

Thanks to everyone who answered.
GOG posted on Twitter that they had so many requests that it may take them until Tuesday to get them all out.

Got mine also.

Also, 24 hour GOG gem promo on Pinball Games

Pinball Heaven Promo

4 Pinball Games for 80% off combined, or 60% off individually

Pinball Gold Pack (itself a collection of four games)

Balls of Steal

Pinball World

Pro Pinball Timeshock

Got mine also.

Also, 24 hour GOG gem promo on Pinball Games

Pinball Heaven Promo

4 Pinball Games for 80% off combined, or 60% off individually

Pinball Gold Pack (itself a collection of four games)
Balls of Steal
Pinball World
Pro Pinball Timeshock
Holy cow, I've been wanting a pinball sale but didn't expect one this soon. Gonna grab all of them. I think there was another one or two Pro Pinball tables - those are almost as good as Pinball Arcade tables.

Hmm. Anyone played these? I've only played Balls of Steel, a long-time favorite game of mine.
I can vouch for the Gold Pack. I wrote earlier that it's 4 games, but didn't mention that that's actually 20 tables. They're about 20 years old, now, but were great games. I remember my dad playing one of them, I think Pinball Dreams, non-stop back then. He still fires it up from time to time, even after I've gifted him all of the Pinball FX/Zen Pinball stuff

You mean the announced reboot?

d2b4G57.jpg

fingers crossed for tie and xwing v tie, and the old star wars galactic battlegrounds

I wonder that since now the battlefront multiplayer has been discontinued if maybe they could bring in the battlefront games and add the multiplayer to gog galaxy ;)

bread's done
Back